Media WSM Eddie Hall knocked down by light HK (courtesy of Tom Aspinalls training partner, 6ft9 Russian)

fedja

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

Kick is at 2:30.

Eddi is preparing for his MMA debut agains fellow giant Brian Shaw in February.

Does anyone know the name of this Russian dude? I have seen him online often training with Aspinall, but can't find the name.

*Edit :
Still no one found the name of Russian guy? He seems like a decent prospect, maybe someone from UK saw him fight in some regional promotion? Wouldn't surprise me if we see him in UFC, considering he is current champs training partner.

Last edited:
Aren't Eddie and Brian friends? Surprised they'd agree to beat the piss out of each other
They're like best buds. There are tons of videos of them hanging out and doing stuff. It must be like a charity exhibition.

Brian has no technique when it comes to striking. Eddie has some skills from the boxing training he received. I watched a video of them hitting that punching machine and Eddie hit it harder than Brian did but Brian's technique was terrible and he still hit it very hard for how terrible his technique was.

If Brian gets ahold of Eddie though, he's probably done lol

*EDIT* - Just went to the Youtubes and Brian is saying it's Eddie Hall vs Mitch Hooper and Brian Shaw vs Martyn Ford with the winners facing each other.

Aren't Eddie and Brian friends? Surprised they'd agree to beat the piss out of each other
Actually it is 4 man tournament, his first fight is against current WSM champion Mitchell Hooper, and he might face Shaw in finals.

Dubai money baby... Araps love to see giants fight, wouldn't surprise me if they offered Shaq 500 milion to fight tournament winner.

They're like best buds. There are tons of videos of them hanging out and doing stuff. It must be like a charity exhibition.

Brian has no technique when it comes to striking. Eddie has some skills from the boxing training he received. I watched a video of them hitting that punching machine and Eddie hit it harder than Brian did but Brian's technique was terrible and he still hit it very hard for how terrible his technique was.

Brian makes Eddie look small af and then you remember Eddie's 6'3" nearly 400 lbs lmao

*EDIT* - Just went to the Youtubes and Brian is saying it's Eddie Hall vs Mitch Hooper and Brian Shaw vs Martyn Ford with the winners facing each other.
Eddie Hall impressed me. He cant really box for shit but he has the right aggressiveness and heart to be a real fighter.

Actually it is 4 man tournament, his first fight is against current WSM champion Mitchell Hooper, and he might face Shaw in finals.

Dubai money baby... Araps love to see giants fight, wouldn't surprise me if they offered Shaq 500 milion to fight tournament winner.
The gym I work out at is Mitch Hooper's "Home" gym. I have heard how much he is rumored to be getting paid and it is insane. When my trainer told me how much he was getting for an MMA fight I didn't believe it. I said it must be in Saudi Arabia. I still don't believe it TBH. Paying these strongman competitors this much to fight MMA feels like the Saudi Crown Prince is Richard Pryor in Brewster's Millions

The gym I work out at is Mitch Hooper's "Home" gym and I heard an insane number for what he is rumored to be getting paid.
Feels like a real life Brewster's Millions and the Saudi Crown Prince is Richard Pryor.

Well spill the beansss buddy, how much is it?

Martyn Ford is a guy that trains seriously isn't it ? He had to fight the Iranian hulk a couple years ago. The plan fell through, it was hilarious

Eddie Hall is fighting Brian Shaw? These two are like best buds. Fight makes zero sense

I am super impressed by their feats of strength but wow he looks unathletic and uncoordinated in this context
I am actually impressed he's not huffing and puffing out of gas. He's an absolutely massive strength athlete who is training a cardio sport and looking relatively light footed.

Reactions: HHJ
Back