• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

WSOF 8: GAETHJE VS PATISHNOCK 9PM ET Main Card/6:30PM ET Prelims DISCUSSION

Justin is a fucking beast.

RIP Nick Newell. I hate to say it but if they make that fight and put it on NBC its gonna be bad seeing Justin destroy a one armed fighter.

Damn, Justin Gaethje is a different animal. I like him a lot already...

Well he didn't make weight did he? Probably didn't even try as he knew he couldn't and that was a fault of his own and no one else's

Keep riding that bandwagon it will crash soon

didn't try?????? he nearly died and the doctor stopped him from trying and gave him fluids. that was why he was 9lbs over, the doc had re-hydrated him.

yes he was at fault, but don't say he didn't try.

Terrible stop, come on, dude was getting killed but he was still up & had his hand out in defense. I like Gaethje & it's not his fault but that was a bad stop.

If you think that shouldn't have been stopped you want fucking public executions

They need to allow headbutts. How badass would it have been if he brutally headbutted him as he was clinging to consciousness there on the decagon?

justbleed.gif

We all know what was going to happen if it would have went on any longer.

i think Emanuel Newton gives him problems......but i will agree top 3 for sure. Dana needs to let the moths out of his wallet and sign him.

Rumble is no King Mo
Rumble > Newton

Wild fight. Gaethje's gotta reel it in eventually though. He's beaten some good guys but he's gonna lose sooner or later fighting this way.

Fuck, that's true. Newell has to be next right? Not even sure I want to see that.

Justin is a beast and a great looking prospect but that opponent was clearly overmatched.

Yeah, I noticed him yelling at the ref during the barrage too. What do you think of the stoppage though? It did seem like he was most likely just going to absorb more punishment.

i think it was fine. I just thought it was funny. "stop the fight" .........."okay"

I love it when people in these threads complain about the stoppage, and the fighter they're defending isn't.

They didn't even show the the full replay. Weak.

W8 Nvm.

edit- still think they botched the highlights at the end & the prelim stream always cuts out in the best fights, as usual

Last edited:
Justin is a fucking beast.

RIP Nick Newell. I hate to say it but if they make that fight and put it on NBC its gonna be bad seeing Justin destroy a one armed fighter.

Man, they better find a way to keep Nick out of the cage against Gaethje. It's all fun & everything but that fight would be BAD for Newell.

Back