wtf happened to WMMA

Its embarrasing, all the work Zhang, Amanda, Val and Alexa have done its being ruined by this trash.
Yes, it's a whole lot like the pattern in men's MMA- the quality waxes and wanes (e.g. the current LHW and HW divisions). Since the talent pool is thinner in WMMA (far less women grow up doing combat sports or care about them), it becomes not so good when you have a decline. I'll note that it doesn't include all current WMMA though, there are still skilled fighters at the top of other weights. They just need to keep those fights down with the boring men's fights that are lower on the card; elevate the ones with skilled WMMA fighters.

There were only 4 girls what could ever fight.

Cyborg, Ronda, Holly, and Nunes.

True WMMA fans will probably disagree with me, but I enjoy can crushing. I was genuinely entertained by Ronda rapidly submitting opponent after opponent. I also loved watching Cyborg during her run. Amanda and Kayla too.

A real dominant gal tearing through a division in 2024 and 2025 would be terrific. I mean, if the UFC has truly embarked upon the Entertainment Era, then let's set up some thinly disguised WMMA mismatches and enjoy the spectacle!

Women's soccer and tennis are crap. Boys teams consistently smoke the best female soccer teams in the world.

Women's athletics is serious though. A lot of talent and they're often very attractive.

Women's tennis has a history of decorated tacticians on the court, not to mention the athleticism and technicality of the Williams sisters who I won't disrespect.

Of course men are better at soccer (and every sport), but as far as sports goes, those athletes are way better than say WNBA and softball. The women in soccer get up and go speed wise.

But again, the majority of womens sports that have intriguing teams/athletes are ones that are not strength focused or height focused.

I remember when Nunes vs Zingano happened and I told my wife "they'll fight like hell because WMMA doesn't have legitimacy yet" and sure enough they fought like hell like the legitimacy of the sport depended on it. The WMMA fights back then were great.

And now we have this. Lackluster fights I can't bring myself to care about. A 15-9 person waging a lackluster fight against a lackluster contender for the undisputed title.

Don't ever tell me the sport has evolved and that is was soccer moms back when Ronda was in charge. This is ridiculous. I hate it being the co-main knowing nothing will happen and it'll just delay the main event.
Well some hot wmma fighters came and went over the years.

WMMA has always been dog shit, no idea why people are surprised.

There was a handful of exciting fighters who either retired or are not in their prime. The majority of the divisions have remained about the same.

Died with Ronda Rousey obviously. This is one business venture Dana White isn't going to spend more resources on until another cash cow appears

It has always been of a low standard. just been hyped up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back