WTF is going on with Ruiz?

samuelsoncast

Professional Farter
@purple
Reaction score
The guy frustrates me. Love watching him box. Fast. Forward marching. Combos. Good chin.

Fat.
Inactive.
Unpredictable.

No fights this year.
1 last year.
1 the year before.

Just turned 34.
I will be disappointed if he doesn't take up the mantle next year.

He had surgery and he should be back boxing in 2024. I personally would like to see him have a rematch with Parker.

Ruiz is a lazy cat …. Overweight … smokes weed like a chimney…. Had marital issues… priced himself out of a wilder fight … did the same thing against fury and Joshua … he will be motivated by money from the Saudis… but his best days should be behind him

He took a lot of time off, probably has to shed some 100lbs before anything.
Also shoulder surgery 2 months ago, says he needs to more

i think he just got dropped from the rankings as well iirc

He only event Ruiz is winning anytime soon:

maxresdefault.jpg

We saw what being on the shelf did for Wilder and being fat for Big Baby...its like Ruiz is combining the worst of both fighters. Put him in with Sanchez, its time for the Cuban to be tested.

most people and most fighters don't change. That's why I was wary of Tyson Fury after the comeback from cocaine and near oblivion. Seen it too many times before. Being consistent and being on for a couple nights are the difference between good and mediocre fighters.

It's obvious Ruiz lacks self control and that's not good in a fighter. Most likely, he won't change that trait ever just like Tyson Fury most likely will not really ever put himself together long term. Most fighters never ever can rehabilitate themselves, at least not in time to salvage and repair their career or fulfill their promise. Now, I gave Fury a bit of the benefit of the doubt because the era is so weak, not because I thought he'd ever change. But after some of the poor showings and then Ngannou, that was it for me. Ruiz shouldn't really be in serious consideration as a leader in this era. He's skilled, something almost no one is in the division but that's not enough.

most people and most fighters don't change. That's why I was wary of Tyson Fury after the comeback from cocaine and near oblivion. Seen it too many times before. Being consistent and being on for a couple nights are the difference between good and mediocre fighters.

It's obvious Ruiz lacks self control and that's not good in a fighter. Most likely, he won't change that trait ever just like Tyson Fury most likely will not really ever put himself together long term. Most fighters never ever can rehabilitate themselves, at least not in time to salvage and repair their career or fulfill their promise. Now, I gave Fury a bit of the benefit of the doubt because the era is so weak, not because I thought he'd ever change. But after some of the poor showings and then Ngannou, that was it for me. Ruiz shouldn't really be in serious consideration as a leader in this era. He's skilled, something almost no one is in the division but that's not enough.

That's about it.

Talented but lazy and or scared. Possibly complacent ( read lazy).

Who has ever been scared that a dialed in Ruiz was coming to get them? Never happened. Guy has some really nice hands and show s glimpses of defence but is a total pattycake.

we should've known he was a fuckup when he beat joshua and came into the rematch completely out of shape.

like, seriously. how did he not go into complete isolation after the first fight and just train his ass off? he had the chance to prove the first fight wasn't a fluke, hold on to all the titles, have immense bargaining power for any future fight after that, and set a solid foundation for what could be a great legacy.

instead dude put on an extra 20 pounds of fat, got outboxed, and then sat on his ass doing nothing for 4 years.

we should've known he was a fuckup when he beat joshua and came into the rematch completely out of shape.

like, seriously. how did he not go into complete isolation after the first fight and just train his ass off? he had the chance to prove the first fight wasn't a fluke, hold on to all the titles, have immense bargaining power for any future fight after that, and set a solid foundation for what could be a great legacy.

instead dude put on an extra 20 pounds of fat, got outboxed, and then sat on his ass doing nothing for 4 years.
Lmao, that fight really was four years ago. Wow time flies, and he really hasn't done shit since. Shame his best years are definitely behind him now.

I guess he can fight Wilder next

I won't call Ruiz a fuck up. It's Christmas. Gotta wait till tomorrow.

Yes sir.

Lmao, that fight really was four years ago. Wow time flies, and he really hasn't done shit since. Shame his best years are definitely behind him now.

I guess he can fight Wilder next

Haven’t they been threatening to fight each other for the past 2 years? Never gonna happen, wilders claiming Andy’s ducking him, ruiz is claiming he’s being lowballed and offered 30/70? Neither guy seems to really want the fight

Haven’t they been threatening to fight each other for the past 2 years? Never gonna happen, wilders claiming Andy’s ducking him, ruiz is claiming he’s being lowballed and offered 30/70? Neither guy seems to really want the fight
i dont think Wilder is in any sort of position to lowball people anymore

Yeah there's definitely more going on there behind-the-scenes between Wilder and Ruiz. It seems that neither guy really wants that fight. It's a risky one for both. I doubt it ever transpires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back