Wtf? Sakuraba was a hard drinker and chain smoker during his fighting prime?

As far as I can remember, he was out cold once from the last Silva fight only. Against Nino, Nino dropped him with a knee, hit like two more knees and Sakuraba was on all four and that's when Nino added a few soccer kicks but Sakuraba was not out cold. When a fighter is out cold, they would not be able to be on all fours. Once a person is out cold, the entire body goes limp. Still, it was effing brutal and he took far too much damage.

When he was in my area for a semi-recent grappling competition I went outside and he was sitting in the shadows smoking, I gave him a nod and he just gave me the hush sign, then went back inside after finishing his cig to go fight Renzo. Was crazy

EDIT: To clarify this was in long beach for metamoris 5, I was there to support some teammates, and was SHOCKED and trying to contain my fanboi glee, a nod was all I could do unless I blurted out OMG SAKU!!!HEART!!!

I would pay to have the Gracie Hunter choke me, my man

Wrecking his body with drinking and smoking but of course, PED's in a place where it's legal and encouraged? Noooo.
WTF? Those are not related. Do you seriously think being a smoker makes you more forgiving of PEDs?

There is a big difference between smoking and boozing and cheating. You really believe smokers are without moral bearings? That smoking makes you immoral?

Saku didn't whine after the Arona fight, even though he had legit reasons to be upset. He clearly was a one of a kind.

As far as I can remember, he was out cold once from the last Silva fight only. Against Nino, Nino dropped him with a knee, hit like two more knees and Sakuraba was on all four and that's when Nino added a few soccer kicks but Sakuraba was not out cold. When a fighter is out cold, they would not be able to be on all fours. Once a person is out cold, the entire body goes limp. Still, it was effing brutal and he took far too much damage.

He was limp. He slumped over, out cold.

The times of changed. Those were real fighters. These days, you can beat the crap out of someone and still lose the fight if they throw more jabs at you.

WTF? Those are not related. Do you seriously think being a smoker makes you more forgiving of PEDs?

There is a big difference between smoking and boozing and cheating. You really believe smokers are without moral bearings? That smoking makes you immoral?

Saku didn't whine after the Arona fight, even though he had legit reasons to be upset. He clearly was a one of a kind.

It wasn't cheating, you goof. PED's were legal in Pride, remember. Know what you're talking about first.

The really impressive feat is that he had all his success while in fucking Takada Dojo.

Smoking and alcoholism are really tiny obstacles compared to training under Takada.

The really impressive feat is that he had all his success while in fucking Takada Dojo.

Smoking and alcoholism are really tiny obstacles compared to training under Takada.

<mma4>

Sakuraba gave zero fucks. He's that badass.

tumblr_nolyoe69ZU1u2ragso1_500.gif

Too bad Overeem couldn't do that to Werdum.

Looking back saku was special

He took down cro cop lil nog , arona rampage randleman and pretty much everyone else

Saku had best single in mma history probably still does

Not used much now and I don't know why

I love saku but agree

Saku was knocked out cold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back