Xande with Advanced Details on Guard Retention and Cross Knee, X-Pass, Same Side Pass

BJJLDave

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score

Xande teaching some details on guard retention and how you should keep your opponent off your 3 points of control (neck, shoulder, and hips) to remain mobile and better able to retain your guard. He also covers details on the knee cross pass, x-pass, and same side knee pass as a combination to flow from one to another.

This is part of a seminar filmed in Manaus, Brazil. Hope you like it! :icon_chee

This is like an entire system compressed into 15 minutes. Pure gold...many thanks!

Yes, good stuff!

11:15 "Don't say you do BJJ or Brazilian Jiu jitsu. Say, 'I do jiu jitsu." Awesome!

Yeah I really liked this too. Thanks for posting.

I really like this. Fits in nice and snug with how I am most comfortable passing guard. Been trying some long distance stuff recently, but I might just have to put that on the back burner to work on some of the details here.

Anyone have any insight into what grips the guard player may use that could make this difficult? Xande doesn't seem to mind them grabbing the ankle. I would assume that sleeve grips will be the most disruptive to the passer.

Good stuff. I'm a huge fan of the Library and been with it since the very beginning. I really hope Xande keeps contributing regular videos (in English) now that he's in Brazil.

Why did he make such a big deal about not using the term 'BJJ?'

He always called it Arte suave in class. "My students dont practice bjj, youguys practice arte suave"

For what its worth, he also never says RNC and has had a few funny rants on that term

He says he trains jiu jitsu and fights BJJ, so I think the point is that he sees BJJ as a rulest that is more restricted than what he teaches and trains.

When I pass over the shin I keep thinking that I won't keep my opponent's back pinned. I need to feel more confident with my sleeve grip.

Back