YAHOO: Why was Joe Rogan disregarding social distancing shaking everybody's hands at UFC 249?

That will give you anecdotal experience based on your location and scope of practice, which is useful, but not practical or authoritative opinions on epidemiology or virology.

Here in New York City saying you are at the "#1 hospital for hundreds of miles" isn't possible, or at least its a superlative no doctor or RN would say. So I was curious where you fit in healthcare. Perhaps where you live, you work on a floor in a great setting to learn from high caliber practitioners who see a lot of relevant cases.
I am not using any anecdotal experience. At all. Zero. Every post I have made is based on data and statistics.

I am not using any anecdotal experience. At all. Zero. Every post I have made is based on data and statistics.

I was responding to you verbatim stating "I work at the #1 hospital for hundreds of miles."

Unless you said that apropos of nothing, the context was you qualifying yourself as having more authority then whom you were responding.

So now we know you're a nurse - which is great, RNs help keep the world glued together - but my post was to find out if you did in fact have a background in epidemiology, virology, or several other tertiary studies that would mean you have a professional ability to interpret and parse the data everyone is getting publicly.

We got that cleared up.

The Yahoo is ripping Rogan for not being a good example on a big stage like this by disregarding social distancing guidelines.

The original plan for UFC 249 was for Joe Rogan to stay out of the Octagon.

So when he took his normal post-fight stance in the cage and conducted literal hands-on interviews on Saturday, people noticed. Not only was Rogan in the Octagon, but he regularly broke a cardinal rule of COVID-19 safety by repeatedly shaking hands with fighters.

He shook the bloodied hand of interim lightweight champ Justin Gaethje after his stunning TKO of Tony Ferguson in the main event.

He appeared to shake hands with every fighter he spoke with on Saturday.

It raises an obvious question. Why?

Was it a statement in support of UFC?
The immediate answer is that everybody in the building had been tested for COVID-19, so the assumption is that there’s no way anybody inside was infected.

So was it a stance of defiance by Rogan as UFC has faced a barrage of criticism for even hosting an event as the coronavirus continues to spread and kill in the United States? A calculated decision to shake hands would reflect the behavior of his boss Dana White, who publicly flouted safety protocols in the preparation for the event, only to see a fight canceled after a fighter tested positive.

As parts of the country open up while COVID-19 maintains a firm foothold in the United States, some have taken to flouting common-sense safety measures as a badge of honor, a form of virtue signaling for the unvirtuous.

Rogan is extra careful on his podcast
Even if Rogan was confident that there was no COVID-19 in the building, why make a concerted effort to publicly use a greeting that’s believed by many to have no place in the post-COVID-19 world? It doesn’t set a great example, even while acknowledging that the fighters had been tested.

Rogan’s not among the COVID-19 deniers. In fact, he made headlines in April for paying for all the guests on his podcast to undergo testing. He said at the end of Saturday’s broadcast that he’s getting tested again tomorrow.

For now, his decision remains a mystery. Was he making a statement? Or were his handshakes simply a matter of old habits dying hard?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/why-was-joe-rogan-shaking-everybodys-hands-at-ufc-249-055047413.html

Wasn't everyone tested before and after they arrived??? If the results were negative then the virus was not present!!!!!!....Wow the use critical thinking is gone!

I was responding to you verbatim stating "I work at the #1 hospital for hundreds of miles."

Unless you said that apropos of nothing, the context was you qualifying yourself as having more authority then whom you were responding.
If you want to understand the context you are welcome to read the thread. Part of a nurse's education is the ability to interpret and conduct research. Which is not even needed for any of the posts I have made. Glad we got that cleared up.

The person I was responding to is a moron, a typical high school graduate has more authority than them. Your posts also completely ignore my post was a response to his. It's kind of silly for you to focus on my response to his stupid assertion.

Wasn't everyone tested before and after they arrived??? If the results were negative then the virus was not present!!!!!!....Wow the use critical thinking is gone!
There is up to a 0.045% chance they were infected. Apparently the chance of them being infected and fighting in someone's face is fine, shaking their hand is simply crossing the line.

Shertards love Junky Rogan and the biggest moron in the mma world Eddie Bravo

Well, his boss is sitting at ringside and walking around talking to everyone without a mask on TONIGHT, so what do you expect? The company's representation is a joke.

Coronavirus is a hoax used by the elite to control the masses

Social distancing is for gullible liberal pvssies. This crap is no different than the flu. These chicken sh!t folks that are hiding and worried and scared.... should wear the masks and hide forever. The flu is forever. If you're scared of this, you're scared of the flu.

The people still scared are like "I don't care that there is new data showing this isn't nearly as deadly as was first thought. I already made up my mind when I was most scared"

A letter signed by hundreds of doctors warning of adverse health consequences stemming from the coronavirus shutdowns

The millions of casualties of a continued shutdown will be hiding in plain sight,but they will be called alcoholism, homelessness, suicide, heart attack, stroke, or kidney failure. In youths it will be called financial instability, unemployment, despair, drug addiction, unplanned pregnancies, poverty, and abuse.Because the harm is diffuse, there are those who hold that it does not exist. We,the undersigned, know otherwise

Here is a letter that just came out echoing exactly what I said. I'm just a basement dwelling scrub, like these hundreds of MD's.

I'm sure you are... It's tiring just to read your bitch shit.
Doctors in Northern California say they have seen more deaths from suicide than they’ve seen from the coronavirus during the pandemic.

“The numbers are unprecedented,” Dr. Michael deBoisblanc of John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, California, told ABC 7 News about the increase of deaths by suicide, adding that he’s seen a “year’s worth of suicides” in the last four weeks alone.

A study published in early May suggested that the coronavirus could lead to at least 75,000 deaths directly brought on by anxiety from the virus, job losses, and addiction to alcohol and drugs.

Another study conducted by Just Facts around the same time computed a broad array of scientific data showing that stress is one of the deadliest health hazards in the world and estimated that the coronavirus lockdowns will destroy 7 times as many years of human life than strict lockdowns can save.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...coronavirus-since-lockdowns?_amp=true&__twitt
More basement dwellers.

Wow.... Have I been rent free in your head this whole time? Move along now son.
Actually you seem to be paying rent through non-stop humiliation proving just how foolish you were, as evidenced by your foolish post with zero substance.

Back