Elections Yes, It Was A Blue Wave

I don't know I feel like it was a draw.
Trump went all in trying to protect the Senate.
And the Democrats did a good job in the house.

2020 is still 50:50 IMO. Depending on who the Democrats will run. I have no doubt they would win with a good candidate.
I am just not sure they are going to be able to put a good into the presidential race.

In terms of political outcomes, it could end up as a draw. It could also end us as the final piece of the impeachment puzzle. The Senate was never a real prospect for Dems this cycle because of where the seats were that were actually up for grabs. Still, the Arizona seat was an upset. Both Republicans Trump chased out of Congress with his bullying lost their seats to Dems.

But in terms of raw data, voter turnout, seats gained, etc it is a blue wave without question. Between 2016-2018 Trump has lost more House seats than Obama did in his first two years.

Last edited:
Will this "wave" be more sustainable than the tea party "wave"?

In terms of political outcomes, it could end up as a draw. It could also end us as the final piece of the impeachment puzzle. The Senate was never a real prospect for Dems this cycle because of where the seats were actually up for grabs. Still, the Arizona seat was an upset. Both Republicans Trump chased out of Congress with his bullying lost their seats to Dems.

But in terms of raw data, voter turnout, seats gained, etc it is a blue wave without question. Between 2016-2018 Trump has lost more House seats than Obama did in his first two years.

Yeah, I think the most important thing for the sake of democracy is the very good turnout of voters. That is a good thing no matter where you stand.
But I think the midterms have confirmed what already happened in 2016. Trump has a very narrow path to victory.
But he sees that way and goes for it all in.

I hope the Democrats don't make the mistake of underestimating him again in 2020 like they did in 2016.
I liked that they did not rely on the Russian stuff or Trumps personal shortcomings.
But rather had a message for the midterms, in this case, it was healthcare.

The Democrats are also very easily taken of the people cause.
If they want to win they need a candidate that the working class can agree with.

Will this "wave" be more sustainable than the tea party "wave"?
Politics can change a lot in a short time, but generally yes, this movement is more sustainable because it's not regressive and it represents more popular values. The Tea Party stuff was also exclusive and insular, while the progressive move is inclusive.

Politics can change a lot in a short time, but generally yes, this movement is more sustainable because it's not regressive and it represents more popular values. The Tea Party stuff was also exclusive and insular, while the progressive move is inclusive.
It won't take much to out perform the tea party.

The right wing posters here can ignore the wave and act as if the house means nothing but the gop is making a mistake in thinking the country backs trump over Clinton.
https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/republicans-clinton-districts
It strongly showed again that the masses still favored the Democrat in the Clinton won districts.
That means you could prop up a frog and win those districts in a 2020 presidential election vs trump. The longer they support trump the more it will poison the rest of them.
The Dems will not nominate a frog and they will not nominate Clinton so any other candidate they nominate will undoubtedly win the popular vote. With more governorships won the EC is looking interesting. I'm watching TX. The closer TX is the more it shows a momentum for Democrats in the EC.
The gop will scramble to suppress and Jerry mander because they cant win behind trump or behind good policy.
They cannot claim fiscal responsibility any longer. That ship has sunk.

Meh. Nothing new. Dem will spend the next two years calling everyone racists and sexists and raving about Russian ghosts and people will remember why they voted them out in the first place.

Meh. Nothing new. Dem will spend the next two years calling everyone racists and sexists and raving about Russian ghosts and people will remember why they voted them out in the first place.
You dont think the change in gubernatorial races will change districts enough to make a difference?

Wave? No, maybe a light splash.

But Trump lost more House seats in his first two years than Obama. Dems won the House popular vote by a larger margin than the Republicans did in 2010 and even without gaining Senate seats they still had millions more votes.

You are fake news.

This was a Blue Wave™

I could agree,

It wasn't a wave or even a splash imo..

It was more like a room slowly filling up with water...

nice .. and trump will install another 1-2 more sc justices and keep filling up those federal judiciary seats while the dems make fools of themselves continously attacking trump

Well, the mods aren't doing their jobs. But I don't see why you'd blame the TS because a bunch of trolls don't want to discuss the issue.

There is a perfectly fine thread to discuss this.

Like I said, this is nothing more than a troll thread.

Back