Media "Yoel Romero running like his neck is fused, because it is"

You gotta protect the face dude.
Ouch. You OK?

I can confirm shoulder surgery blows.
I'm ok, my shit still hurts a lot.on the daily, hopefully it'll get better with time. Take care of yourself, do you have a surgery date yet?

Jesus Christ, hope it's helped. I couldn't imagine.

What happened in the first place if you don't mind me asking.

Has the recovery process gone well?
This one's been really hard compared to the others. I just tore my body up racing motocross when I was young,er.

The video does look like his traps are so big that his neck is stuck.

Something in that Cuban water though. Such a small country and yet they always produce insane athletes.

What water? They have none. It's a communist country they force all their athletes into slavery young

I'm ok, my shit still hurts a lot.on the daily, hopefully it'll get better with time. Take care of yourself, do you have a surgery date yet?

That's sucks.
I have lived with "hurts a lot on the daily."
I hope you can get past that. Sooner if possible.

End of August is the surgery to take current (infected) metal out and replace with "antibiotic spacer"*
*torture device placeholder

Then 3 months after that they put in new metal.

Last time they snuck in an extra arthroscopic surgery.

The metal fucks up MRIs so they don't know exactly what they are dealing with until they get in there, but I am probably going to get some cadaver parts to replace whatever of my bones are cracked. For example a prior diagnostic test shows fractures in my scapula where the hardware connects, so that probably gets sawed off and replaced with cadaver parts. I think I fucked that up teaching drum lessons last year.

The way a shoulder replacement works is the metal goes in and the bones grow to bond to it, by design. That's all well and good until it is time to take that metal out, which is where I am at.

3 back surgeries, 3 neck surgeries, knee surgery, sport hernia surgery, facial recognition from crush orbital. Then your normal broken bones.
I like how you just throw in an unspecified amount of broken bones as though that is totally normal.

Yeah, it's been fused so many times, they couldn't go through the front anymore (too much scar tissue), so they put me a zipper in the back of my neck this last time. Lol, but yeah, you lose mobility for sure.
Mobility as in neck mobility or overall body mobility?

I like how you just throw in an unspecified amount of broken bones as though that is totally normal.
Haha, the concussions was what was the worse thing imo. I hate that feeling with a passion. I had about 8 bad ones, then two really severe ones. One confusion I lost a whole day, they said when they got to me I was talking about Christmas but it was the summer time, that was when I had to have my cheek bone reconstructed. The other severe concussion my vision slowly went out and then soon after my hearing went out, I thought I was dead, then all of a sudden I went out fully. That was scary AF, for real. I stayed in the hospital for a little while with those two.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's been fused so many times, they couldn't go through the front anymore (too much scar tissue), so they put me a zipper in the back of my neck this last time. Lol, but yeah, you lose mobility for sure.
So you can't turn your neck?

The video does look like his traps are so big that his neck is stuck.

Something in that Cuban water though. Such a small country and yet they always produce insane athletes.
Do they? Or is it like every other poor country, where only the strongest and brightest decide to leave and make a life for themselves?
Not that it's a good thing. If all your best citizens constantly leave, then it's going to be a poor country forever.

That's sucks.
I have lived with "hurts a lot on the daily."
I hope you can get past that. Sooner if possible.

End of August is the surgery to take current (infected) metal out and replace with "antibiotic spacer"*
*torture device placeholder

Then 3 months after that they put in new metal.

Last time they snuck in an extra arthroscopic surgery.

The metal fucks up MRIs so they don't know exactly what they are dealing with until they get in there, but I am probably going to get some cadaver parts to replace whatever of my bones are cracked. For example a prior diagnostic test shows fractures in my scapula where the hardware connects, so that probably gets sawed off and replaced with cadaver parts. I think I fucked that up teaching drum lessons last year.

The way a shoulder replacement works is the metal goes in and the bones grow to bond to it, by design. That's all well and good until it is time to take that metal out, which is where I am at.
Man, that has to be one hell of a pain in the ass to get that metal out, holy crap. I'm assuming you'll be out of commission for a good minute with that. Keep us posted after the surgery in August, good luck with it.

Man, that has to be one hell of a pain in the ass to get that metal out, holy crap. I'm assuming you'll be out of commission for a good minute with that. Keep us posted after the surgery in August, good luck with it.
Yeah man, thanks. They are gonna break out the power tools and get to work. Gonna suck.

I am hoping to be sort of back to normal sometime in 2024, maybe next summer.

In the meantime i have been working on releasing a bunch of music i have written and recorded over the years to try to keep my mind in a positive place.

It looks like there's a random scalpel mark on the lower right , probably the surgeon testing if his tools were sharp before starting lmao
(really, is that by any chance from an endoscopic procedure?)

As for the actual subject of the pic, that's a nice surgical wound :D
Lol, I caught that, and thought the same too!

Haha, the concussions was what was the worse thing imo. I hate that feeling with a passion. I had about 8 bad ones, then two really severe ones. One confusion I lost a whole day, they said when they got to me I was talking about Christmas but it was the summer time, that was when I had to have my cheek bone reconstructed. The other severe concussion my vision slowly went out and then soon after my hearing went out, I thought I was dead, then all of a sudden I went out fully. That was scary AF, for real. I stayed in the hospital for a little while with those two.
Damn.

I dinged my noggin a few times but never lost a day.

All that from motocross I assume?

At least it makes for a very cool backstory and I am sure a ton of fun memories.

Crazy how that stuff we did when we were younger catches up with us. You feel invincible and do some wild stuff and now that I'm getting older all those things I thought I got away with start to get stiff and sore.

Do they? Or is it like every other poor country, where only the strongest and brightest decide to leave and make a life for themselves?
Not that it's a good thing. If all your best citizens constantly leave, then it's going to be a poor country forever.

They do. Even though they're poor and small (like 10-11 million people) they rank in the top 20 of most medals in the Olympic Games in history.
And it's not because they are good in lame sports like ping-pong or archery. It's always something like boxing, wrestling, volleyball, judo, weight lifting...

8HZOdDp.jpeg

Back