Media "Yoel Romero running like his neck is fused, because it is"

Damn.

I dinged my noggin a few times but never lost a day.

All that from motocross I assume?

At least it makes for a very cool backstory and I am sure a ton of fun memories.

Crazy how that stuff we did when we were younger catches up with us. You feel invincible and do some wild stuff and now that I'm getting older all those things I thought I got away with start to get stiff and sore.
The worst wasn't from racing believe it or not. We had our own race track growing up, people would come from all.over. One day the local Honda shop had came down to shot a promo/commercial. Anyway, they left one of their brand new bikes with yours truly. We lived in the country btw. I was 13 at the time and I remember after they left I was jumping the main road just for shits and giggles. Well, they said I landing on the hood of a passing. Ford pickup truck. I took the side mirror off with my face and that's apparently what crushed my cheekbone (no helmet). I totaled the Hondas shop brand new CR250, it was bad. They said I was awake right afterwards taking about Christmas and shit. I ended up waking up in the hospital.a few days later. My cheek was filled with air from my sinuses. The first thing I did was looked in the mirror, it was like I had a softball sized pocket of air in my cheek, it made farting sounds when I pressed on it, lol. But yeah, the rest was from racing though.

My neck has been fused 3 separate times in the last 4 years. I can confirm it doesn't move like it did before. Lol, I posted this pic below already on Sherdog, this was like 3 or 4 months back. I'm pretty proud of this one. LolView attachment 991130

How you getting on now, Sherbro?

Hope things are better, you were in agony last time you posted about your neck?

How you getting on now, Sherbro?

Hope things are better, you were in agony last time you posted about your neck?
Thanks for asking, I had me an accident so I'm kinda back to square one. The Dr won't do anything since I'm still fusing. I have an appointment to take a cat scan in October to see if it's fused or not. We shall see though, I appreciate the concern, I really really do.

Thanks for asking, I had me an accident so I'm kinda back to square one. The Dr won't do anything since I'm still fusing. I have an appointment to take a cat scan in October to see if it's fused or not. We shall see though, I appreciate the concern, I really really do.

Damn, sorry to hear about the setback - I'm wishing you the best, and hopefully for everything to be as pain free as possible in the interim.

Best wishes, friend!

belief in god > having a working neck
<RomeroSalute>

Damn, sorry to hear about the setback - I'm wishing you the best, and hopefully for everything to be as pain free as possible in the interim.

Best wishes, friend!
Thank you, man, you too.

Dr won't do anything since I'm still fusing.
We feel for ya. C3,4,5, & 6 fused with ACDF surgery put me out for over a year. Helpless feeling is when your head's rotation is almost gone, turning your body to see either side view is tough.

Yeah, it's been fused so many times they couldn't go through the front anymore (too much scar tissue), so they put me a zipper in the back of my neck this last time. Lol, but yeah, you lose mobility for sure.
Wtf happened to you? Hopefully you’re good now right?

Back