Yoel Romero vs Robert Whittaker 2

Yoel won't be exposed. He's fought and beat everyone at MW bar Whittaker. You're not exposed when you lose to the champ after beating everyone else at the top of your division.

Agreed. Bobby Knuckles will whip dat ass.

The way Yoel destroys top level opponents is what gains my interest. He came up short against Bobby and it could very well happen again.

I'm picking Yoel in the rematch.

GloriousGiftedEmu.gif

Lost 1 decision in years, and destroyed 2 former champs.

Why are you talking as if the first fight wasn't competitive?

Nobody got exposed in that fight or clearly dominated. Whittaker won yes, but it wasn't a one sided ass whooping on either side.

In sherdog everything is the extreme.

The way Yoel destroys top level opponents is what gains my interest. He came up short against Bobby and it could very well happen again.

I'm picking Yoel in the rematch.
We'll see, it's a good fight tho..I'll admit that.

The first fight was very close. I thought Yoel had it won until he slipped on the mat in the 5th round and ended up on bottom and lost the round and the title.

Exposed is such a silly word. You don't expose elite fighters. Bobby Knuckles is simply a bad match up for him. He's smart, survives his flurries and then attacks when Yoel is catching his breath. He also has the TDD to keep things standing and the hands to make him pay when he does attack.

I could see Whittaker finishing him in the championship rounds by TKO this time around.

Why are you talking as if the first fight wasn't competitive?

Nobody got exposed in that fight or clearly dominated. Whittaker won yes, but it wasn't a one sided ass whooping on either side.

In sherdog everything is the extreme.
If Whittaker's knee wasn't fucked, it wouldn't have been competitive.

He deserves the hype, but people are forgetting how good Whittaker is.

That's why Whittaker vs Romero 2 is the fight to make.
Both of these guys have seperated themselves from the pack at MW.

The fight is gonna look very different, you can't assume that they will both be applying the same tactics in the second fight. That would leave them both exposed.

Both will try new things, it will be a new fight, and maybe even a new champ. It's MMA, you can't say Romero has no chance against Whittaker. Romero can knock anyone out in the blink of an eye, dude is explosive as fuck.

Exposed is such a silly word. You don't expose elite fighters. Bobby Knuckles is simply a bad match up for him. He's smart, survives his flurries and then attacks when Yoel is catching his breath. He also has the TDD to keep things standing and the hands to make him pay when he does attack.

I could see Whittaker finishing him in the championship rounds by TKO this time around.
I could've worded it better, but either way Whittaker beats that ass.

Bobby Knucks and Romero are my favorite MW fighters since the fall of Anderson Silva. I'm not pulling for one or the other. I don't believe Whittaker will finish him though.

It's possible, but if there's one thing we've learned throughout the years... you can never count Romero out.

Bobby Knucks and Romero are my favorite MW fighters since the fall of Anderson Silva. I'm not pulling for one or the other. I don't believe Whittaker will finish him though.
Yoel is a tough mf, I'll give him that.

Romero with proper adjustments wins this handily.
World is in for a rude awake.
I like Romero, but what adjustments? He tried to wrestle Whittaker and had little success, he tried to strike and got out-countered and out-struck. If he tries to go crazy and one-shot Whittaker, he will get countered and put out, or will just gas hard.

It will be interesting for sure, but Whittaker will also have adjustments.

Back