You ever worry your debit card will be stolen when ordering pizza delivery?

gizmo J

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When I order pizza delivery over the phone, they ask me for my debit card number, expiration date, security code, and address which is everything you need to steal someone's account.

I worry that the employee I'm talking to has his phone on record and steals my debit card information.

Anyone else worry about this?

not really, i just give tips when i receive a delivery, pay online

Just pay with a stolen credit card, send the pizza to your neighbors house then rob the driver when he gets there. That'll teach em.

Yeah it happened to me. I ordered a pizza at 3 am from some shitty 24 hr place whilst hammered. Gave my info over the phone and they even said "ok it went through". When the driver got here he asked to see my card and scratched the numbers onto carbon paper. Soon as he left I thought "wait, why did he need that?". Woke up the next day with a bunch of charges in Fresno.

this why I always order online but im guessing they can see that info online too unless papa johns blocks it from employees somehow.

When I order pizza delivery over the phone, they ask me for my debit card number, expiration date, security code, and address which is everything you need to steal someone's account.

I worry that the employee I'm talking to has his phone on record and steals my debit card information.

That can be said about pretty much anything you use your card for

I just did this same pay transaction over the phone with a vet tech at the vet clinic I go to. I am never comfortable doing anything pay related over the phone.

I've never had that, they always bring the machine to the door.

how is they hand gonna reach through the phone wire and steal your Russell Simmons Card??? Huh???

This is why I pick up my pizza and don't have it delivered. Just pick it up on the way home from work usually.

You lack discipline.

Get rid of the debit card, it's a major risk. Get an ATM card and a credit card. Consider this scenario.......

You pay with your debit card, someone makes a note of the vitals, and uses it or sells it online. Those purchases come directly from your checking account. If they drain your checking account, any checks/purchases waiting to be processed will bounce, then you'll have that headache to deal with.

Unless you're super wealthy like me, and they could never really 'drain' your checking account. <Moves>

Back