Rewatch You guys remember Kenny Florini?

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
He just randomly popped up in my head. I know he had 3 title fights and a bunch of good fights, but it’s been so long I forget his fighting style besides being a southpaw.

I just remember when he was fight week for Aldo. At the time it was kind of a big deal making weight for Kenny. He was considered big for featherweight and I remember he had to diet pretty strictly.
It’s funny cuz if I were to look at him today, I don’t think he’s particularly large for featherweight. IIRC he’s like 5’9 and not super muscular.

I also remember Aldo having some hard weight cuts at fw too. And now hes not even a featherweight for todays standards.
Funny how the game changes

yes of course we remember him. 2 title shots. Getting axe kicked to the liver by Bj Penn to give up the RNC. Plus he still comments or whatever he does. I read an article form him like 3 days ago. He´s still in the industry.

He just randomly popped up in my head. I know he had 3 title fights and a bunch of good fights, but it’s been so long I forget his fighting style besides being a southpaw.

I just remember when he was fight week for Aldo. At the time it was kind of a big deal making weight for Kenny. He was considered big for featherweight and I remember he had to diet pretty strictly.
It’s funny cuz if I were to look at him today, I don’t think he’s particularly large for featherweight. IIRC he’s like 5’9 and not super muscular.

I also remember Aldo having some hard weight cuts at fw too. And now hes not even a featherweight for todays standards.
Funny how the game changes
Kenny Florini? Sounds like a pasta. Didn't they call him Kenny Flower Ears?

Do you remember Big Nig XD XD. Don´t ban me mods, someone legit made a thread and didn´t know to say Big Nog for Minotauro Noguiera. I apologize guys in advance.
I don't know him, but think I recall his cousin, Egg. Egg Nog:)

You won't be banned. It was a play on words & not a racial slur in my eyes.

I don't know him, but think I recall his cousin, Egg. Egg Nog:)

You won't be banned. It was a play on words & not a racial slur in my eyes.
It was a memory, someone actually said that. Maybe the guy was trolling, came off serious so it was funny.

I wonder if Sudoku still fights, or is his name Sudokoudju.

Edit : + epic avatar, best HW fight of ever

WHO WANTS TO SEE FIGHTS FINISHED AT 155? I FINISH FIGHTS

I liked Kenny. He was a great fighter and had some great fights and finished. Particularly liked the Guida sequence into the finish. It’s too bad he got blacklisted for plagiarizing smh

I remember his elbows, back when he was cutting people open. He was one of first to start boasting about cutting people up with elbows in the UFC.

His BJJ was good but he didn’t really start finishing fights until he started to polish his Muay Thai…from what I remember from back then.

Last edited:
No one gave him a chance against Leben (in TUF). He went on to have a pretty good career.
I guess his high point was elbowing, who was it, Joe Lauzon ? Yeah he was solid, never champ material, but solid. Took Aldo to a decision. But interesting that nowadays Kenny Florian is some OG name like people don´t just say Kenny but say do you remember that one Kenny Florini guy .

Back