You Have To Appreciate Khabib More After Last Night

I dunno, maybe the way he uses wrestling takedowns as his main tool to get guys to the ground? Or are you saying Khabib doesn't wrestle in his fights, or that it's not a huge part of his game?
all mma fighters wrestle, either don't defend or to offense, but khabib aint a wrestler at core, he never competed in any wrestling math, he is a world sambo champion, just like fedor before him. gsp was not a wrestler either, but he was the best at it, but still not a wrestler.

If sambo was easy it would be called wrestling

all mma fighters wrestle, either don't defend or to offense, but khabib aint a wrestler at core, he never competed in any wrestling math, he is a world sambo champion, just like fedor before him. gsp was not a wrestler either, but he was the best at it, but still not a wrestler.
Categories seem very important to you, in an aspie kind of way. I'm looking at the techniques they use in their fights, not their past credentials. RDA is a BJJ world champion but in recent years he's mainly using boxing and muay thai, therefore I would label him as a striker and not a grappler, if I had to choose one.

Both are facing different levels of opponent, I'd say Usman is clearing facing better grapplers which makes all the difference in results.

I was thinking of DJ, who’d push and push for a finish even when he was 4 rounds ahead.

Categories seem very important to you, in an aspie kind of way. I'm looking at the techniques they use in their fights, not their past credentials. RDA is a BJJ world champion but in recent years he's mainly using boxing and muay thai, therefore I would label him as a striker and not a grappler, if I had to choose one.
the difference is that everything khabib has been doing in sambo, he is doing it in MMA. Khabib is a sambo fighter, not a straight wrestler like u said.

Right? It amazes me how poeple can him boring and a leg hugger. He may not always Ko someone but my god he makes their time in the cage painful / traumatizing.

constant pressure, ground and pound, always passing guard and advancing position, mauling, brutal submissions, what's not to love

the only fighter who could actually stuff a TD that khabib faced (Tibau) got pressed into the fence for 15 minutes. Usman has actually beaten a D1 all american.
Being a D1 all american doesn't translate into MMA just because. Khabib rarely wrestles his opponents out in the open which is what freestyle wrestling is about. He grapples them against the cage, what the fuck has D1 wrestling anything to do with being able to defend against the cage? Jose Aldo never wrestled in his life and Chad Mendes couldn't take him down. You americans care to much about wrestling credentials outside the cage when it has nothing to do with that actually happens inside the cage. GSP never wrestled before he started with MMA but ragdolled Josh Koscheck in the first fight. So im asking again, what does previous wrestling credentials mean in MMA? Nothing. Yoel Romero is perhaps the most accomplished wrestler on the roster but he rarely wrestles because he cant keep his opponents down. Usman is an accomplished wrestler but couldn't keep Masvidal on the ground... Khabibs grappling would have mauled Masvidal on the ground. It has nothing to do with wrestling.

Yes I appreciate Khabib’s willingness to sniff the crotch from a 74 degree angle as opposed to Snoozeman’s 80. Khabib really gets the best sniffs in there. Oh wait were we talking about fighting or crotch sniffing? Snoozeman had me confused after last night
Pretty sure you're already confused as is.

I have to say I was really impressed with Yan's GNP on Saturday.

I have to say I was really impressed with Yan's GNP on Saturday.

I dont enjoy that diddy man, knee high to a grasshopper tall division as much as most, but Yan looks wprld class.

WW is stacked with high level wrestlers, LW isn't.

the difference is that everything khabib has been doing in sambo, he is doing it in MMA. Khabib is a sambo fighter, not a straight wrestler like u said.
Again, never said Khabib is a straight wrestler. You twist my words in order to "win" the argument. Sambo, or Sambo wrestling, is a form or wrestling, just like freestyle or greco-roman. I guess you get angry if people refer to Randy Couture as a wrestler and not a Greco-Roman artist as well? See how stupid this is?

<RomeroSalute>
I like fighters that press for the finish, what can I say :)

Both are facing different levels of opponent, I'd say Usman is clearing facing better grapplers which makes all the difference in results.
Yeah are we just going to sit here and pretend Usman wouldn't maul guys like Conor and Barboza lol

Back