"You have to take it from the champion..."

Alot of times guys get to a title shot without going 5 rds. Then you have a champ who might have gone to 5 rounds multiple times.

So not only do you go into the fight without having that valuable experience,but you also have to DO MORE than what he has to do to you to win? Fuck that shit.

I feel like someone being a champ should mean they get an extra point from the first round. So it should be 10-09 going into the first. If the challenger wins it it´s 9-9. Makes sense. No it doesn´t.

I actually thought Strickland won but good to see the judges were able to award a close fight to the challenger for once

the age old requirement of needing to finish them or win a 10-8 in every round to actually get the nod is stupid as fuck, just winning should be enough

"you have to take it from the champion" is logic that gets used when they need to give Jones a robbery decision over Reyes.
lol, This take it from the champ thing isn't real. And even if it were it's stupid too even present that idea. It's basically saying if a round is close, give it to the champ. Which is just wrong and would lead to even more bullshit.

People say that, but they dont actually want that.

Reactions: HHJ
I think this might happen more for guys who have multiple defenses.

cant just give 10-10s like that
why not? round was a toss up. Strikes were close, Strickland landed the harder shots. DDP had a takdown but didn't do much with it. more rounds should be scored 10-10 when there is no clear winner

Whether it's by robbery, DQ, or a cut in the wrong spot, a win is a win. Also, a win bonus is a win bonus, and a championship is a championship.

Back