you know what's funny, I'm the only person i know

Who's read Blood Meridian and Infinite Jest. My opinion means nothing. People give James Franco shit, the world is Ghaham Greene, genuis, but , I'll starrt a thread. IT was fucking great.

I need to re-read Blood Meridian. 1st time I read it I didn’t pick up everything that was being laid down.

I’ll be reading Moby Dick soon as well.. didn’t realize how massive that book is.

I’m currently reading The Dark Tower series by King.. stalled out on the 3rd book atm tho. King has a tendency to meander a bit too much when he runs out of ideas -it’s obvious

I need to re-read Blood Meridian. 1st time I read it I didn’t pick up everything that was being laid down.

I’ll be reading Moby Dick soon as well.. didn’t realize how massive that book is.

I’m currently reading The Dark Tower series by King.. stalled out on the 3rd book atm tho. King has a tendency to meander a bit too much when he runs out of ideas -it’s obvious

Dark tower is worth it imo. Probably my favorite series ever although there's some shit I wish he didn't put in there. I won't spoil it but it gets a lil goofy in parts. The good outweighs the bad for me though.

This guy literally made a poll about favorite nic cage movie

Face off con air the rock

tenor.gif

Dark tower is worth it imo. Probably my favorite series ever although there's some shit I wish he didn't put in there. I won't spoil it but it gets a lil goofy in parts. The good outweighs the bad for me though.

Yeah I dug the 1st 2 books.. the 3rd book fucking drags on and on tho. I bought the whole series so I’m pot committed to reading them all but I’m taking a break after the 3rd book.

Im most likely going to keep it simple with something like ‘Lord of the Flies’ for my next read. I’ve seen the film but never read the book and I’ve heard many times the book is excellent. It’s also a fairly short book it looks like so it should be light reading.

Yeah I dug the 1st 2 books.. the 3rd book fucking drags on and on tho. I bought the whole series so I’m pot committed to reading them all but I’m taking a break after the 3rd book.

Im most likely going to keep it simple with something like ‘Lord of the Flies’ for my next read. I’ve seen the film but never read the book and I’ve heard many times the book is excellent. It’s also a fairly short book it looks like so it should be light reading.

I think the 2nd was my favorite. It has a lull but it gets back to good again.

Don't ask @Solid about movies, he doesn't watch any thing good
Or me. Used to love movies when I was younger, big fan of Fellini, Kubrick, Russ Meyer, Polanski, Tarantino, John Waters...
I see maybe one movie a year now, if that.

Who's read Blood Meridian and Infinite Jest. My opinion means nothing. People give James Franco shit, the world is Ghaham Greene, genuis, but , I'll starrt a thread. IT was fucking great.

I've read Blood Meridian like 4 times. I have read DFW's short story collections but not IJ.

David Foster Wallace wrote a lot of good stuff imo but I guess it’s fashionable to shit on him lately

Really? He got a very sympathetic/favorable biopic done on him. Now, Bret Easton Ellis (my favorite author) has always shit on him.

Get the audiobook...the narrator is fucking good

I can never get past the first few pages and I can't fathom why. Nothing sticks. And for some reason I'm trying to make way through GRAVITY'S RAINBOW.

I can never get past the first few pages and I can't fathom why. Nothing sticks. And for some reason I'm trying to make way through GRAVITY'S RAINBOW.

The Crying of Lot 49 is a much easier and shorter Pynchon book to start off with. I've read it 2 or 3 times.

Blood Meridian was some heavy shit. I read it a few years ago, might be time for a revisit.

Moby Dick is also not an easy read (there's a chapter devoted to the color white, for god's sake), but I'm glad that I read it. Heart of the Ocean, the story that inspired Melville, is good, too.

I read the thread title and thought funny, I'm the only person I know too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back