You know you're a horrible bartender when..

Leon Phelps

Purple Belt
Reaction score
you don't acknowledge and thank your patrons for tipping you. When this happens, it makes me want to not tip them at all. Or just go to a different bar. If you don't acknowledge my tip, then you don't deserve it.

/rant.

Those people are busy as hell and have to deal with drunks all day. I just want them to give me a stiff drink and warn me which regular has the herp.

you don't acknowledge and thank your patrons for tipping you. When this happens, it makes me want to not tip them at all. Or just go to a different bar. If you don't acknowledge my tip, then you don't deserve it.

/rant.

This is you

No, I just think it's rude to not take the two seconds to say "thank you", when I didn't have to give you any tip at all.

No, I just think it's rude to not take the two seconds to say "thank you", when I didn't have to give you any tip at all.

So you're saying the dude who is working to serve you and a bunch of other people has to give you thanks for the fact that you tipped them for their service?

So you're saying the dude who is working to serve you and a bunch of other people has to give you thanks for the fact that you tipped them for their service?

1) The bar was dead as fuck
2) Yes. Saying 'thank you' isn't very time consuming.

Have you ever worked for tips?

Doesn't make them a bad bartender, makes them a bad business man. When I worked for tips I blew sunshine up people butts for that extra cash

One of the bartenders knows me because I frequent the Bar a bit and I tip pretty good. Now whenever I go in and hes working there, I end up getting free drinks and crap.

Then again we both have had open heart surgery and the same cardiologist. So that could play a part in it lol

2) Yes. Saying 'thank you' isn't very time consuming.

I can see where you're coming from on this, but if you tip a person for their service then doesn't that mean they already earned it?

If you really have qualms though then just don't tip next time you go.

The bitches on rollerblades at Sonic can say Thank you, why can't the Bartender. I find it Rude as hell if they don't say Thank you. A tip EXTRA and for that, I want Extra effort.

The bitches on rollerblades at Sonic can say Thank you, why can't the Bartender. I find it Rude as hell if they don't say Thank you. A tip EXTRA and for that, I want Extra effort.

I've never been to a Sonic before, I didn't know they had roller girls. :eek:

You are tipping them for their service, not their thank you. No offense, but it just makes you sound needy and kind of douchey to complain about it.

You are tipping them for their service, not their thank you. No offense, but it just makes you sound needy and kind of douchey to complain about it.

The only people I hear complain about not being thanked have vaginas. Nice tight vaginas.

Doesn't make them a bad bartender, makes them a bad business man. When I worked for tips I blew sunshine up people butts for that extra cash

Word. You gotta throw up the bullshit when workin for tips.

Tipping is a fucking dog shit system.

you yanks really need to sort it out..

Grovelling for tips makes you a step above a street beggar. If you want a thank-you for the shiny quarter you tipped to round up your drink tab to the dollar - keep it chief.

Back