• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You Might be Jobless by Tomorrow Morning - Lowe’s closes dozens of stores

Lowe's also has much nicer/better looking fixtures. They fill that niche between builder grade and mansion level, where home Depot has mostly contractor grade vanities and plumbing fixtures.

I went there to see what kind of tile they have and they had some mosaics at ridiculously good prices

Whatever, everyone should use local businesses for their needs anyways.

Sucks. Lowe’s is much better than Home Depot. Better prices, customer service, better installation and delivery services .

Lowes has better prices, but Home Depot gets my business for renting equipment.

Hell yeah get to sleep in tomorrow i guess.

Why would anyone go to Lowe's instead of Home Depot?

I went to home depot saturday looking for a speed square all they had was plastic ones and the thin flimsy ones that must be for gays and women, no swanson or johnson brand in the whole store ill never go back tell ya whut

Damn bro, i saw the location in tx is about 20 min away from me. So i called to see when they were gonna start the store closing sale and the person i spoke to had no idea what i was talking about.

I'm pretty sure i ruined their day.

Feels bad man.
Holy shit this is the funniest thing I've read all day!

Lowe's also has much nicer/better looking fixtures. They fill that niche between builder grade and mansion level, where home Depot has mostly contractor grade vanities and plumbing fixtures.

I went there to see what kind of tile they have and they had some mosaics at ridiculously good prices
Wow some of you guess really notice the little things.

The only difference between the two that I know of is that one's blue and the other's orange. I just go to whichever one I happen to be closer to at the moment when I need something

I did not know there was a Lowe's in Chelsea Manhattan. I know there is a Home Depot near 6th Ave though.

Without Lowes, Home Depot will have virtual monopoly on this sector. I dont think even Amazon can touch them, because hardware most times you buy and want right away.

Home Depot is the same exact thing anyway.

Why would anyone go to Lowe's instead of Home Depot?
Many of the Lowes seem to have more knowledge on the employee side. Home depot usually has better prices and selection though.

Sad to see the OC locations leave but both of them were within less than a mile of a Home Depot. Will shop the sales.

Whatever, everyone should use local businesses for their needs anyways.

Hipster.jpg

Absolutely.

Here there's a Lowe's on the same block as Home Depot and both are really close to a local hardware store.

I like that Lowe's will re-key your lockset for free if you have proof you bought it from them and will cut acrylic sheets you buy no charge.

Lowe's gives 5% off on all Lowe's card purchases.. which often makes up for slightly higher prices.
I have Lowe's and Depot a mile from each other and find it's 50/50 on who is lower on a given product.

I don't have either near me because I live near Menard's headquarters and the local government won't let any Lowe's or Home Depot in the area because Menards threatens to move out of the area if they do.

Back