• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social You'll NEVER please people, just do what makes you happy!

I agree with @Bacco for the most part but there needs to be considerable thought given to the opinion of those who truly love you.

I have a hard time defining it but someone who truly wants the best for you and wants your future to be the best it can possibly be. That doesn't mean your thoughts will line up with their's but truly listen to them and consider what they say. And then when you're ready to make a decision discuss it with them.
I listen too, i have few dogmas i'm not going to change, but is stuff you can count on the fingers of one hand.
For the rest i'm open to change idea, as long is clear i may listen but ultimate decision is still up to me (that's a wall growing up you have to break with parents in particular)

Keep in mind also that people that love you rarely pick the BEST move for you, almost ever is the SAFEST one.
People that love you don't want you to take risk, and without risk you will likely miss lot of good shit

Example if i sticked to my parents wish, my life would be mediocre af as we speak.
I did like i wanted and not only i'm happy of the result, but they are too

I'm not saying you should ignore advices, but if you got clear idea of what you want and moves to reach it, go for it with your head

At worse you lose a gamble knowing you did what you thought was best move

There are a ton of people whose lives would improve significantly if they quit social media. So many people allow their lives to be run by other people’s feedback.

That's what we need, billions of people running around doing whatever makes them happy in any given moment.

Just be yourself - good
Just do whatever to be happy - hey fuck you

How bout someone do sumthin for someone else eh? We can't live on a ball with 128 billion selfish people.

I tried to keep up but honestly after a while I just started reciting the lyrics to LL Cool J's 80s jam "I Need Love."

Can you name one thing Obummer did, besides being a 1/2 black President?

Forgot to add

A selfish asshole that 1/10 does a good thing for somebody else, will be noticed for these things
"he seems rough, but he's good guy"

A passive pushover that pass life blowjob everybody, will be noticed for yhat 1/100 time that he had enough and snap
"he seems gentle, but hes fucking weirdo, who knows what's he's thinking"

Second group people many times did so for some bizzarre belief that giving A universe will give back A, because justice.
Rather than understand how people mentality actually works

Big facts! Human nature is weird.

Agreed. As I get older I seek less validation from others, especially strangers. I will still be considerate and do socially responsible things, like putting shopping carts back where they belong. This is why a lot of older people just don't give a fuck, and frankly that makes them happier.

Just look how carefree these old people are
7.png

I would show all those old asshole my huge erection!!! Now, this erections started before I walked into a men's lockerro

Oh God you are just going to ride my nuts and fucking cry. Have fun being miserable. I am going to put you on ignore.

Humans are a social creatures (majority) they feel a longing to fit in......... somewhere

Correct. But while people aren't universally liked, no one is universally hated either. There will be people who like you even if you decide to just be yourself, pursue your interests, in spite of how weird/quirky/non-mainstream you are.

Hell, many times folks come around if you are confident in who you are and unwavering; they come to respect that. Attempting to fit in and/or get everyone to like you is futile and only leads to disappointment.

There are a ton of people whose lives would improve significantly if they quit social media. So many people allow their lives to be run by other people’s feedback.

It's the modern day "keeping up with the Joneses". It's a 2-edged sword, because while it can lead to unhealthy social pressure, it also is a non-stop source of social validation, which I suppose is bad too because it can become like a drug.

powerful-illustrations-addiction-technology-61__605.jpg

That's what we need, billions of people running around doing whatever makes them happy in any given moment.

Just be yourself - good
Just do whatever to be happy - hey fuck you

How bout someone do sumthin for someone else eh? We can't live on a ball with 128 billion selfish people.

I think we are having a misunderstanding here. You can do what makes you happy without necessarily being a selfish prick.

Nope, laws and rules still dictate behavior that prevent people from devolving into chaos or infringing on the rights of others.

Nor did I suggest so. I specifically said:

I mean, don't be an insufferable dick

My point was that life is too short to be paralyzed by social pressure. You wanna watch MMA do that. You prefer ballet, fuck it... watch that! Dungeons and dragons?

Why would you ever try to please anyone over making yourself happy

One can choose how they affect people but can not choose how people are affected...

It's the modern day "keeping up with the Joneses". It's a 2-edged sword, because while it can lead to unhealthy social pressure, it also is a non-stop source of social validation, which I suppose is bad too because it can become like a drug.

powerful-illustrations-addiction-technology-61__605.jpg

Are you talking about joining a circle jerk for the win.......

You idiot.. can you just tldr your shit?

Nah.. just kidding sherbro.. sound advice.. also @Bacco..

I think we are having a misunderstanding here. You can do what makes you happy without necessarily being a selfish prick.

Nope, laws and rules still dictate behavior that prevent people from devolving into chaos or infringing on the rights of others.

Nor did I suggest so. I specifically said:

My point was that life is too short to be paralyzed by social pressure. You wanna watch MMA do that. You prefer ballet, fuck it... watch that! Dungeons and dragons?

Damn dude. Never really been picked apart like that. I gotta watch what I say.

Don't take me too seriously. I'm bored.

I'm with you. I've been a little off for decades now. I tried to be normal for a while but it was a disaster. Then I just forgave myself for being who I am, and things have improved. Maybe I'll have things figured out by the time I'm 60 years old.

"Now that I'm startin to learn, I feel I'm growin old."
_ A little bit of Guns n Roses for ya

Back