Your favorite Gameboy Advance games?

bandicoot

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Just recently downloaded a GBA emulator and started playing Mother 3 because Earthbound is one of my favorite games of all time. Really enjoying it so far.

What are some of you guys favorite games for the Gameboy Advance? I'm into RPGs, platformers, and a few others. So let's hear it.

I bought Zelda Link to the Past to play on DS Lite. I hesitated to order GBA Zelda and Link, then the price went up a lot for brand new. I was not aware of Virtual Console back then.

I read GBA is more powerful than SNES, but SNES has higher resolution. Is the GBA noticeably better?

I bought Zelda Link to the Past to play on DS Lite. I hesitated to order GBA Zelda and Link, then the price went up a lot for brand new. I was not aware of Virtual Console back then.

I read GBA is more powerful than SNES, but SNES has higher resolution. Is the GBA noticeably better?

GBA and SNES are pretty evenly matched graphically, SNES has better sound though

GBA and SNES are pretty evenly matched graphically, SNES has better sound though
From the few screenshots I've seen of GBA, GBA is a narrower screen and skinnier less filled out sprites than SNES. I've never played any GBA other than Zelda.

From the few screenshots I've seen of GBA, GBA is a narrower screen and skinnier less filled out sprites than SNES. I've never played any GBA other than Zelda.

Some things GBA does slightly better, others SNES does slightly better

GBA has a newer faster CPU but SNES has some coprocessors that let it punch above its weight a little, in certain select areas

I'm into RPGs, platformers, and a few others.
There are three Castlevainias and two Metroids that are all good. Wario Land 4 is great as well.

I think I enjoyed turn-based strategy the most, and there were a lot of them:

Advanced Wars 1-2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Shining Force
Fire Emblem
Tactics Ogre
Onimusha Tactics

Good times.

I think Mega Man has a series on each Nintendo platform.

Damn, Mother 3 was one of the most disappointing games for me. I was expecting a huge world to run around in like in the original Earthbound, but it turned out to be completely linear, with really no exploration except the area they put you in.

THe 3 Fire Emblem games for the GBA are really good. One is in Japanese but there is a fan translation for it, possibly included with some Roms.

I remember after Pokemon came out every other game seemed massively inferior.

They are probably really awful games but I used to play the shit out of Legacy of Goku 2 and Buu's Fury. I don't want to go back and ruin it for myself though, as I'm happy with the nostalgic memories.

fucking double dragon advance is the goat beat em up, wide variety of strikes, elbows, flying knee, headbutt, running attacks, ground and pound, clinch to knees, elbows, or throw

small scenes between levels(not animated tho)
screen06.jpg

co op

also has a survival mode

showtime kick

Zelda 4 Swords
Double Dragon Advance

Rockman & Forte/Megaman & Bass was fun and I didn't get to play it on the Super Famicom.

Zelda: Minish cap is pretty decent.

Back