your favorite high level competitive fights casuals don't know about ?

Gracie vs the Gracie hunter
Cowboy vs Alvarez

Damn i love those fights. When two guys in their prime meet at the top of the division, or even somewhere along the way, there's always that excitement growing. When it delivers, it's something that lives on for a long time !

We all have Fedor Cro Cop as an example, but what other less known fights do you have in mind ?

Tsarukyan Gamrot was amazing.. then i think of :
Whittaker Romero
Adesanya Whittaker 2
Aldo Mendes
Lamas Holloway
Machida Shogun
Mousasi Machida
Hendricks GSP
Condit Lawler
Rockhold Jacare

Weidman - Romero
Lee - Fergusson
Jacare - Romero
Rumble - Davis
Askarov - Moreno

Watching ufc 87 and damn I don’t remember Jason Macdonald doing so damn good vs Damien Maia. That was one hell of a grappling match.

The people who don’t know about Condit vs Lawler are like….

Out of the loop.

Sexyama vs Chris Leben was fuckin nuts, I had a great time watching Jacare vs Romero too

Good show of heart from Irvin. Poor guy had so much potential, but painkillers sap the soul out of a man. Real shame that he'll always be remembered mostly for being Anderson's first 205 victim.

Watching ufc 87 and damn I don’t remember Jason Macdonald doing so damn good vs Damien Maia. That was one hell of a grappling match.
Damn, I'm an oldhead and completely forgot about this one, super good call, highly enjoyable.

Diego Sanchez vs Karo Parisyan
Sanchez had a lot of great fights that have kind of faded into obscurity over time. Guida and Melendez were both FOTY candidates if I recall correctly, but even bouts against Diaz, Ellenberger and Fioravanti were pretty exciting.

Get another hobby, creepy dude
You spend your life consuming mma, yet can't do it and you resort to calling me names. You may know what size cup your favourite fighter wears, but you do not know anything about fighting. 10 years of constant combat training and countless deployments get in the way of hobbies. When I do have the time, I certainly won't spend my time trolling MMA pages to try and be cool. Delete your page, get out of your moms den and get a job, creepy dude

Does Pettis vs Henderson back in WEC count? Showtime kick is a quite popular highlight, but does casuals even know from which fight it was?

Cowboy vs Varner fights

Not really less known and got the respect it deserved at the time, but rarely talked about now was Joe Lauzon vs Jim Miller.

Both fights were good, but the first was the real classic.
Less well known than the fights TS mentioned tho, I don't think I've seen either Miller vs Lauzon fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back