• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your hunting loadout

Woldog

SherGOAT
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
What gear do you guys take with you on every hunt.
For me I take
1. Gun dependent on where/what we're hunting - Generally my .44 Mag lever action, but if we're going somewhere with more room and open ground I'll take my scoped .223.
2. Ear pro - Never leave home without two pairs of ear pro, my Comtacs and my Razor Digital.
3. Thermal Monocular - I always have this in my bag regardless of time we are hunting, just in case we end up still out at night.
4. My Gerber Strongarm - Absolutely love this knife with multiple ways of carrying it, it's the perfect knife for hunting, while it's a little short to stab extremely large pigs, I often go the route of simply shooting them in the head at pointblank wasting $1.50 doesn't bother me.
5. First Aid Kit - Snake bite kit, gunshot trauma kit, Israeli bandages. (When we go out to some of the bigger properties where it could be hours until ambulance arrives my friend who is a combat medic brings out IV kits as well.) We carry the Israeli bandages on us and the rest is in the bag in the car usually at maximum a 15 minute run away from where we are.
6. Flashlight - my Olight Javelot Mini Tactical is always in my kit, it goes onto the Mlok attachment on my .44 and has a 600 - 700m throw.

Varies quite a bit depending on target but firearm, shooting sticks, pocket knife, water proof boots and sidearm. BoB in truck with all the other stuff one might need.

Varies quite a bit depending on target but firearm, shooting sticks, pocket knife, water proof boots and sidearm. BoB in truck with all the other stuff one might need.
Whats a BoB?

Rifle, (either the daytime or night time one) and ammo.
Plus this bad motherfucker!
GB6050_2.jpg

Archery season? My bow, my p220, extra socks, baby wipes, beef jerky, IFAK, LRF and depending on temp a thermacell.

Back