Your single favourite strike

facePuncher7

Founder of the militant wing of the Salvation Army
@Brown
Reaction score
What's your favourite strike out of all that you've ever seen and why?

Hard to choose, I could easily rattle off over a hundred I'm sure, but I'm going to go with this one from Marvin Hagler.

The jab at 1:24
[YT]watch?v=yEzNGJRKd_g[/YT]

I'm not exactly sure what I like about it so much, but the timing is perfect, it kind of follows Hearn's head like a heat seeking missile, and makes a thudding sound that you don't often hear from a jab. It always stuck out in my mind as a statement making punch - POP!

The cross/hook thing Hagler lands at 1:06 has a similar effect.

What about you guys?

overhand right, especially when set up with the jab

MHSS4_crop_exact.png

Last edited:
I'm the only fighter at my gym to consistently use the teep in sparring. My favorite technique by far

Anne Wolfe. Y'all know which one I'm talking about.

I'm the only fighter at my gym to consistently use the teep in sparring. My favorite technique by far

How do you keep your toes/feet from getting hurt if you throw the teep consistently. I tend to be conservative with the teep because I tend to hurt my toes or the softer parts of my feet on people's elbows.

My favorite strike is probably the high roundhouse kick because it's my most dangerous strike. A hard roundhouse kick isn't fun for the opponent to block, instills fear or at least a sense of danger and when it connects it is over.

Front Kick to the knee. I think they call it the oblique kick. This has saved my ass in street fights.

How do you keep your toes/feet from getting hurt if you throw the teep consistently. I tend to be conservative with the teep because I tend to hurt my toes or the softer parts of my feet on people's elbows.

My favorite strike is probably the high roundhouse kick because it's my most dangerous strike. A hard roundhouse kick isn't fun for the opponent to block, instills fear or at least a sense of danger and when it connects it is over.

I've got a quick teep, it gets through to the soft meaty bits of my opponent most of the time. I hit with the ball of my foot, toes back.

Earnie Shavers overhand right.

Mike Tysons short right hand on Botha.

Cro Cops high kick.

Francia Filhos low kicks

I am a big fan of Artem Levin (and his knees) the way he checks gloves, switches stance and just does it like a badass.

But Daniel Ghita knocking out Brice Guidon:
From the start it was a beatdown being recieved by Guidon, first combo shook Brice, sent him back towards the ropes, then Ghita threw around 3 right body hooks, they as soon as Guidon looked to counter, Ghita waited for his glove to move from his face, then he left hooked Guidon into deep sleep. It was beautiful.

Or Artem Vakhitov vs Luis Tavares, he did a beautiful right body hook to get a reaction then stepped across then delivered a left spinning back fist and got a knockdown. Then a few moments later, he slipped/half caught a Tavares right hand, but slipped to the side and dug his left shovel punch to da liver. Then ended his night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back