Your top gym pet peeve

1. Cell phones

2. People who don't wipe their sweat off the bench they just finished on. Nothing's worse than sliding under a bar and discovering Jimbo Backhair didn't clean his puddle of drippings.

3. Adding another soul to the unracked weight hell.

4. When someone puts their bag, towel, water bottle, CD player/iPod and stack of muscle magazines on a bench and use it as a base to work out everywhere else in the gym.

5. Chicks who get mad when I sneak a peak at their short shorts covered ass. you worse, giving me the right to look. I'm not gonna stare, just a quick glance and I'm back to it.

6. Guys who add an extra 45 to each side of their bar hoping to get that short short wearing girl's attention. Dude, your red face and cerebal palsy posture is certainly something chicks like.

7. I'm a tattoo artist and have a lot of tattoos. I don't mid discussing them, but when I'm under a 500 pound squat, my ass 4 inches from the floor, straining to not blow out my colon, I'm not really feeling too chatty, K.

8. People who don't spot.

9. Anyone I'm not allowed to stab.

10. Stupid people doing unsafe things. The good news is they often get hurt and that makes me happy. I've seen a guy tear both his pecs (trying to max before he was warmed up), sever a toe(dropped a 100# plate on his toes while wearing flipflops), dislocated shoulders (clown was doing pulldown and after getting the weight to his chest, would just release it while holding onto the bar, both shoulders tore free),

11. Little kids in the weight room.

Now, I do, about once every three months do barbell curls in a squat rack. I will do a set with full range of motion, raise the pin and do another set, raise the pin and another set until I'm at about half my ROM, then go down. Luckily for me, no one in my gym but me squats.

Curbylicious said:
Now, I do, about once every three months do barbell curls in a squat rack. I will do a set with full range of motion, raise the pin and do another set, raise the pin and another set until I'm at about half my ROM, then go down. Luckily for me, no one in my gym but me squats.

Yeah, nobody except you does squats because you're hogging the squat rack and doing curls there. :wink:

Curbylicious said:
11. Little kids in the weight room.

This is starting to become an epidemic at my gym as well. 9 times out of 10 the kid belongs to someone on the treadmills.

Sonny said:
This is starting to become an epidemic at my gym as well. 9 times out of 10 the kid belongs to someone on the treadmills.

However, if you complain about it at all, or even just inform the parent that it is unsafe and/or not a good idea, you get either A) Chewed out for being "Anti-Family" (whatever this means), or B) The speech on having no where else to put the kid.
If you want/have to bring your kid, cool, but give them something to do, you cannot expect a 6 year old kid to see everyone doing something and stand beside mommy doing nothing for half an hour.

The guy who thinks he's bigger, more cut than he really is..giving unsolicited advice to a girl on how to lift and watching her actually listen or show interest in what he is saying..

Ayin said:
However, if you complain about it at all, or even just inform the parent that it is unsafe and/or not a good idea, you get either A) Chewed out for being "Anti-Family" (whatever this means), or B) The speech on having no where else to put the kid.
If you want/have to bring your kid, cool, but give them something to do, you cannot expect a 6 year old kid to see everyone doing something and stand beside mommy doing nothing for half an hour.

For the most part, they'll usually go on about how you have no idea how to raise kids and that a family is a full time job yadda yadda yadda.

One pet peeve I have heard from people that go to gyms with pools is the fact old people go into the pools and just stand there. They make it hard to swim because they do not move. I was at a hotel once and when we went into the pool there was an old man with a life jacket standing in 4 ft of water. He spent most of his time starring at an 11 yr old boy. One of my friends would not get into the pool because he was worried the old fart was going to piss in the pool or die. What is the point of going into a pool if you are just going to stand there?

Immolation said:
What is the point of going into a pool if you are just going to stand there?

To stare at 11 year old boys.

Lusst said:
To stare at 11 year old boys.

You took my answer..for the most part I was also going to say to splash girls.. becuase that's the only way he will get them wet..

*blows the smoke off his finger*

*re-holsters*

Back