You're favorite pizza?

the pizza place down the block from me does a great pizza with meatballs.
they also have a pasta pizza which is twice the price of a regular slice/pie, but it's awesome. It's basically baked ziti w/meat sauce on a pizza.

The past few years ive been in love with the papas con queso pizza at a local joint. Potatoes, spicy creme, cheddar, roasted green chilis and chives.

IMG_4036.jpg

Neopolitan style - sausage, mushroom, roasted eggplant & garlic

NY style - garlic oil, extra tomatoes, spinach, zucchini, mozzerella & feta

Chicago style - Supreme(sausage, pep, onion, peppers, mushrooms, olive, etc)

Meatball, caramelized onion, hot pepper & ricotta is a good one too

Mine is regular marina sauce, regular mozzarella cheese.

With ground beef, mushrooms and onions.

How do y'all enjoy your pizza?
Not a pain in the ass but I put tomatoes in the oven for 3 hours, blitz then cook down with garlic, basil and oregano. If husband is feeling fancy he makes mozzarella but shop bought is as good.
I like roasted garlic mushrooms and spinach.

Neopolitan style - sausage, mushroom, roasted eggplant & garlic

NY style - garlic oil, extra tomatoes, spinach, zucchini, mozzerella & feta

Chicago style - Supreme(sausage, pep, onion, peppers, mushrooms, olive, etc)

Meatball, caramelized onion, hot pepper & ricotta is a good one too
I found out the other day that if you whip ricotta it loses its graininess which I need to play with. American Italian restaurants are too lazy to make bechamel with lasagne and substitute with ricotta so I am over ricotta...being making bechamel is cathartic and a labour of love.

I like to get pepperoni & bacon on the whole pizza and half mushroom half pinneapple.

I found out the other day that if you whip ricotta it loses its graininess which I need to play with. American Italian restaurants are too lazy to make bechamel with lasagne and substitute with ricotta so I am over ricotta...being making bechamel is cathartic and a labour of love.
I whip ricotta with eggs, spinach, parmesean & dried Italian herbs(maybe some lemon zest) for my version lasagna and think it comes out pretty well. Maybe I'm just used to something more substantial than bachemel?

The ricotta, Meatball & caramelized onion combo is really tasty on pizza... give it a try some time, it works really well together.

Chicken Club - White Sauce, Chicken, Bacon, Onions

Pineapple, green olives, jalapenos.

Sweet, salty, and heat.

I whip ricotta with eggs, spinach, parmesean & dried Italian herbs(maybe some lemon zest) for my version lasagna and think it comes out pretty well. Maybe I'm just used to something more substantial than bachemel?

The ricotta, Meatball & caramelized onion combo is really tasty on pizza... give it a try some time, it works really well together.
I definitely will, thank you for the suggestion. What's your go to dough recipe? I've handed over all those responsibilities to my other half recently, same with fresh pasta. I am still capable of caramelising onions though, I like making onion marmalade and french onion soup.

I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to lasagne so ricotta seems like cheating. Bechamel is a massive process from flavouring the milk to grating nutmeg at the end an hour and a half later...but all worth it.

I should go visit Italy and enjoy their pizza one day and their culture, I'd love too. I've been eating frozen pizza here for awhile so I need to stop being a lazy mofo and make my own.

Cheese or linguica Sausage and Peppers.

I generally varied it up......like if order 10 over 3 months, good chance I'll get 10 different types.

Ordered one the other day which was basically a bacon cheeseburger and fries in pizza form......was pretty good.

Back