Youtube finally recommended me something worthwhile...

I have come across some decent looking karate training vids. For beginners. The problem with karate on YT, IMO, is the vast amount of practitioners who treat karate as some special sauce activity, legitimatized by some high sounding style name & key buzzwords like 'tradition' or location like 'Okinawa.' Then repeat rote techniques with horrible, sloppy looking form. Inc. without attention to detail.

Above is the obligatory knock downer style theme which runs through TSF threads. Of the 3 styles of karate on my look @ list, Kyokushin came out last. Reason is the players clearly want to "Let's Bang." My stereotype of it.

In contrast, boxing on YT has easily find-able explanation vids which legitimize how boxing works. Here's one I posted at the outset, and not the greatest trainer or vid. Not the point. The point is as put forth by that "high guard" thread, the coach has the student / assistant start out with the "high guard." Static-like. Funny enough, the site this comes from is "monkeysee.com." Link below.
Four Basic Boxing Punches
•Apr 16, 2009

MonkeySee
730K subscribers

http://www.monkeysee.com/play/4958

High Guard Practice. Going back to this vid, the whole concept of the high guard could be said to protect the chin, the oft referred to KO point. Boxing rules are well defined. Here, the critical importance of protecting the chin. Furthermore the trainer, just like Freddie Roach who has a big name, talks about the guard in the context of each basic strike. The high guard and each kind of strike must fit together, work together.

High Guard Limitations. The couple of few later vids I've looked at have boxing coaches demonstrating the guard, specializations what not. In practice however, heated battles, the high guard, boxing guard, and so on, it's effectiveness get's readily compromised. We just this phenomena with Codebreaker's pro sparring partner. And he doesn't do a crappy job to the looks of it.

High Guard Failure. When we shift to MMA, the apparent use of the boxing guard, high or whatever, does little to forestall tough striking action. Because the basic theory of the boxing guard is sound, I attribute this to striking training which is not by a sound boxing program. Why? Because head shots readily pass right by the MMA practice of 'boxing' guard.

What Striking Training? Although boxing has clear cut rules & pragmatic design, my conclusion is that it's deceptively easy to mistake or misunderstand what goes into striking art, starting with the favorite here, boxing. Yet we have Kyokushin competition / sparring doing a lot which violates our clear cut striking science of boxing. Alarm bells all over. Additional reason for Kyokushin to lay at the bottom of my list.

Science vs. "Bang." "Let's Bang, bro" is popular, fun, desired & engaged in by many, sells buku tickets to MMA matches. I talked about the first big lessons of Judo. The first big lesson of boxing is the same. Science.

Implementation. Implementing a science is the polar opposite of monkey business, the 'Let's Bang, bro." I think the lessons in the couple of these few boxing vids (however 'basic') which will I be continuing to watch, are deep.

Last edited:
Muay thai style destroy karate vid by Keshin. He has several like Muay Thai GREAT vids.
Muay Thai Legend vs. Karate Black Belt | Lawrence Kenshin
•Nov 28, 2016

Fonse

10.6K subscribers

Sakmongkol is one of the all-time greats in Muay Thai. After his prime, he still enters karate tournaments with knockdown rules, placing quite well and dominating many of his matches. Here's one of his matches... sweeps galore! I am a striking analyst that's so far focused on breaking down combat sports. I've been fortunate enough to have major fight camps, legends, and elite martial artists give testimonials to my work - http://www.lawrencekenshin.com/testim... If you've enjoyed this breakdown, be sure to check out my other work!

Legit part is Muay Thai train strong, versatile kicks. Strong overall. Ends there. Now Kyokushin & karate guys.

Look at OP vid which compare to karate style in Kenshin vid. Now think about boxing BASICS, like my vid above. Athough they karate guys, they do fighting that throws initial boxing science out window. And expect to win without solid basics. Muay Thai expert gonna eat alive.

For Kyokushin to be strong karate, can't

• plod around flat footed, is the herky jerky tippy toe throw a kick, stuff much better,?
  • wander aimlessly,
  • frequently run right into opponent (I mean RIGHT AHEAD into),
  • wave hands in front do little else,
  • punch with predictable hook to same body area over & over & over all day & night long,
  • takes unopposed shot after shot after shot after shot after shot all day & night long,
  • hope against hope your kick (some) land more than other guy kicking crap outta you,
  • 'always' fall for tricky kick used across kyo matches all time,
  • what I miss I'm sure schooled boxer find more?
  • like goofy, do nothing body roll by one guy.
Boxing not punch, but science. Kyo above doing martial dumb stuff not science. Guess which style win in Kenshin Vid? Oh, we know. MT science.

BTW; Karate art of self defense. Does not match Kyo me a punching bag seen above. Philosophy matter after all.

TSF retort, Let's Bang w a pinch of Wing chun? for added flavor. mmmMMMM good.

Last edited:
Muay thai style destroy karate vid by Keshin. He has several like Muay Thai GREAT vids.
Muay Thai Legend vs. Karate Black Belt | Lawrence Kenshin
•Nov 28, 2016

Fonse

10.6K subscribers

Sakmongkol is one of the all-time greats in Muay Thai. After his prime, he still enters karate tournaments with knockdown rules, placing quite well and dominating many of his matches. Here's one of his matches... sweeps galore! I am a striking analyst that's so far focused on breaking down combat sports. I've been fortunate enough to have major fight camps, legends, and elite martial artists give testimonials to my work - http://www.lawrencekenshin.com/testim... If you've enjoyed this breakdown, be sure to check out my other work!

Legit part is Muay Thai train strong, versatile kicks. Strong overall. Ends there. Now Kyokushin & karate guys.

Look at OP vid which compare to karate style in Kenshin vid. Now think about boxing BASICS, like my vid above. Athough they karate guys, they do fighting that throws initial boxing science out window. And expect to win without solid basics. Muay Thai expert gonna eat alive.

For Kyokushin to be strong karate, can't

• plod around flat footed, is the herky jerky tippy toe throw a kick, stuff much better,?
  • wander aimlessly,
  • frequently run right into opponent (I mean RIGHT AHEAD into),
  • wave hands in front do little else,
  • punch with predictable hook to same body area over & over & over all day & night long,
  • takes unopposed shot after shot after shot after shot after shot all day & night long,
  • hope against hope your kick (some) land more than other guy kicking crap outta you,
  • 'always' fall for tricky kick used across kyo matches all time,
  • what I miss I'm sure schooled boxer find more?
  • like goofy, do nothing body roll by one guy.
Boxing not punch, but science. Kyo above doing martial dumb stuff not science. Guess which style win in Kenshin Vid? Oh, we know. MT science.

BTW; Karate art of self defense. Does not match Kyo me a punching bag seen above. Philosophy matter after all.

TSF retort, Let's Bang w a pinch of Wing chun? for added flavor. mmmMMMM good.

Karatestylist is that you?

Just watched Yvel mangle Mo on the tube via recommendation after watching him fight Schilt. Couldn’t believe the man didn’t tap, never seen such a twisted arm.

Heck no. Me here for entertainment. Have got good resource start on boxing. Tnx to those who helped.

TSF made fun of my Judo. Why post?

Also enjoy view of Muay Thai poster whacking noob and such like posts. Let's Bang Smart ASS Noob get banged<Ellaria01> by Pro Let's Bang'r.<Dany07>Much fun.

Last edited:
See what I mean. Post below have super extra BIG Bang'rs'. To attract Let's Bang crowd. Work too @ TSF.

Just watched Yvel mangle Mo on the tube via recommendation after watching him fight Schilt. Couldn’t believe the man didn’t tap, never seen such a twisted arm.

Didn't watch.

Do like boxing program resource and few boxing vids posted in replies. Other good ones on internet. Trying now to get boxing footwork in brain. Judo have no such emphasis, which is good & bad.:confused: Will check in to see vids.

Last edited:
Pretty obvious Kyokushin fighting to done to attract Let's Bangr's to art. {<RR}Boxing attracts Let's Banger's, however, difference is science in art directly used in boxing fight. Opportunity to excel.

People make mean comment about me thinking, when Kyokushin wipe outs either in OP Vid or Kenshin series tell all about silliness of being tough & mean w/o thinking about it. <mma2>Thinking good. Train thinking-ly good. Not sell Pay per View or advertising clicks though. Judo club small, maybe 2 dozen regulars.

How to split Fitghter Twister, TheMaster, KarateStylist and Krawjutsu and this new name into a single alone profile maybe?

Solution: Ignore list?

Pretty obvious Kyokushin fighting to done to attract Let's Bangr's to art. {<RR}Boxing attracts Let's Banger's, however, difference is science in art directly used in boxing fight. Opportunity to excel.

People make mean comment about me thinking, when Kyokushin wipe outs either in OP Vid or Kenshin series tell all about silliness of being tough & mean w/o thinking about it. <mma2>Thinking good. Train thinking-ly good. Not see Pay per view or advertising clicks though. Judo club small, maybe 2 dozen regulars.

I just woke up from a nap and see 4 notifications on sherdog from this same guy your obviously karate stylist. Your post are as long as his.

You put unnecessarily excessive memes like him.

You post irrelevant videos like him.

And your talking like him too.

I really dont understand why you come in stand up instead of the ufc forum. Why not pay the ufc forum a visit since they love ppl as "knowledgable" as you.

I just woke up from a nap and see 4 notifications on sherdog from this same guy your obviously karate stylist. Your post are as long as his.

And your talking like him too.

I really dont understand why you come in stand up instead of the ufc forum. Why not pay the ufc forum a visit since they love ppl as "knowledgable" as you.
I did. They did like one thing I did. But not much there in UFC. Boxing fight videos here much better, as a matter of fact.

I will be over UFC. But quality not of expertise & knowledge here. Grappling forum somewhat too technical for beginning Judo. For now. Very smart grapplers, BJJ there I think.
You post irrelevant videos like him.
Also criticize with meme? REally? Kenshin for MMA & Muay Thai Bangr's he welcome on forum. Me post info seeing same, called irrelevant & meemmmeeeeyyyy?

TSF Bias. "Let's Bang.":cool: Let's Bang cool here. Ok, Let's Bang.;)

TSF poster of this OP vid think this good. To me, media entertainment. I find not entertaining.
Idris Elba's Journey To His Final Fight | Idris Elba: Fighter
•Feb 3, 2017

1.2K 54 Share
Save

Discovery UK
2.54M subscribers
Have a look at the intense training, Idris Elba had to go through in order to prepare for his final fight.Subscribe to Discovery TV for more great clips:

Why. It's a sage of Let's Bang. And not science by boxing. Vids here attest. But if want Let's Bang, great.

Now "good" kung fu vid posted by same person.

Perceptional Speed - Wing Chun , Kung Fu Report - Adam Chan
•Oct 1, 2019

Adam Chan
9.03K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
Wing Chun Vancouver / Ving Tsun Class w Adam Chan: Self Defense Vancouver Programs

I have no idea what this instructor is talking about. Then he adds like MMA, this & this and this & that, over & over & over & over. Who can follow, let alone remember.

Judo - learn to do the throw right. Learn setups proper. Condition to enact throw.
Boxing - learn to punch right, incorporating guard, footwork, posture, etc. Condition for strong punch.

Then arts work.

Go on & on & on about how this detail 1000's times that detail to somehow become "good" kung fu? Kung fu vid boring not entertaining. Guys stand around in T-Shirts instead of doing throwing fits or getting punching strong into heavy bag.

No wonder Wing chun fail in MMA, boxing videos. Whatever wing chun is, who can tell?

Don't know what else to explain.

OP Kyo guys fighting go directly against boxing basic science foundation. RED FLAG. So I said so.

Let's Bang entertainment - they do.

@StanClarker aka karatestylist fighter twister themaster and whatever alt account you have. Bro your literally wasting your breath talking bout irrelevant shit to the topic at hand and the shit i called you out on.

Your post are so long i missed my train stop reading one paragraph lol.

@StanClarker

Dude, you should chill on the long posts and "cuteness". A dead forum would be better than your word salad. You might be posting good info, but your posts are so long I didn't even make it through the first few I read a couple of weeks ago, and now I just skip them. Go get a girlfriend or something.

@StanClarker

Dude, you should chill on the long posts and "cuteness".
Ok. Me look @ posting UFC, MMA. Me not alone with cuteness @ TSF. Agree, cuteness not cute.;)

A dead forum would be better than your word salad. You might be posting good info, but your posts are so long I didn't even make it through the first few I read a couple of weeks ago,
Ha. That why Kyokushin fight way it shows. Using 4 boxing standard punches strain those guy's brain 'cause no can do.
Talk about dead.:rolleyes:

Other poster put up clipped sentences about "good" kung fu. Then instructor in video ramble aimlessly way, way 4 or 5 or 10 times longer than me saying all kind of stuff right & left. Bring in football goal posts and NBA things to describe kung fu... WTF. Then he recommend low guard as opposed to boxing standard which mock same in karate. Now this "good" kung fu and "bad" karate? "Good" Kyokushin YT video guys do similar guard and get pieced up royal by their own people WTF going on?
and now I just skip them. Go get a girlfriend or something.
Ok, sure. That what noob who got dropped by really good Muay Thai poster will do same. He wanna show can spar then suddenly on floor after over-leaning and trying to pound [highly skilled] partner attempt to coach him, 'cause he not mature. That's "cute." He won't read me. No way. He wanna "Let's Bang." Great entertainment on TSF, I say that.:)

Last edited:
@StanClarker aka karatestylist fighter twister themaster and whatever alt account you have. Bro your literally wasting your breath talking bout irrelevant shit to the topic at hand and the shit i called you out on.
Me know how they feel.:( I like TSF boxing training for regular people vids.

@StanClarkerYour post are so long i missed my train stop reading one paragraph lol.
Yeah, Kyokushin and TKD in Kenshin videos miss the preparation train too. Completely. Used to mop floor which is where they go with their crummy boxing hands & aimless kicks. Luv Kenshin Vids. Lessons galore. Like learn to box properly. Kick same idea.

Back