Rumored Zhang Weili vs. Yan Xiaonan planned for the UFC strawweight title bout in China, per Dana

Good fight but sucks for Chinese fans to have to see one of their very few fighters lose that night.
It's always nicer to cheer for your countryman/women if they are fighting someone from another country.
It also adds very much to the excitement. Some will pick one or the other.Especially since its a good chance this could end in a finish. If its a great fight,there will be much to celebrate,that two countrywomen could produce such a spirited fight.

Exactly.

I mean just imagine being faced with the choice of life changing money but having to do it against someone who comes from your same tiny little village of 1.4 billion people. They were like sisters, growing up only 800 miles apart.

It must be heartbreaking. A choice literally nobody in MMA has ever faced before.

I don't think it's a stretch to say it is genuinely the most amazing thing that has ever happened in human history.

So, how many are there in the UFC? Did you find out yet?

So, how many are there in the UFC? Did you find out yet?

I'm sorry, your reasoning as to why it makes any difference whatsoever as to how many Chinese broads are in that division and why the specific number should stop/allow them to fight each other would probably be too much for my tiny brain to comprehend.

Would I have to learn Mandarin?

I'm sure it's not the only thing you admire about Yan.

hoz60cj77dy51.jpg

FINALLY MORE WMMA!!!! CHINESE WMMA!!!!!! THIS IS WHAT THE UFC WAS MADE FOR!!!!!!!!!! TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY UFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it does happen because it will be huge for Chinese folks, but i think lemos is probably gonna get her first in the summer, but if that doesn't happen then that's a long ass lay off for the champ. I remember when they talked about this a while back and then weili lost to Rose. Feel like something like this is gonna happen again. lol. I truly hope Rose doesn't get in the picture of this. haha.

I hope it does happen because it will be huge for Chinese folks, but i think lemos is probably gonna get her first in the summer, but if that doesn't happen then that's a long ass lay off for the champ. I remember when they talked about this a while back and then weili lost to Rose. Feel like something like this is gonna happen again. lol. I truly hope Rose doesn't get in the picture of this. haha.
No way they pass Yan up for Lemos, makes no business sense for them to do that.
Plus its not like Lemos is on some massive streak and she just recently got finished by Andrade.

Back