Star Citizen - just reached 52 million in crowd funding!!

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that I think it's going to be the same as EVE (don't think I did, really), just that it reminded me of EVE. If they do the concept justice, it could inspire a similar level of obsession, and people are already throwing similarly insane amounts of money at it. :)

Sherdog clan will be a beauitful clan :icon_chee

So, this guy donates 10k for the kickstarter and when the game releases he still has to spend $60 to buy it? So many fools out there.

10k on a video game fuuuck, unless your rich as hell or some small investor or buying shares or SOMETHING that's fucken stupid.

I could tell you worse stories. There are people who pay 5 figures for some free-to-play games; a rare few in the 6 figures.

Yeah. My head still hurts thinking about it though.

[YT]cir3w-wIx9U[/YT]

Shit looks sick

would be hilarious if they never end up releasing this game.

This is going to be the Daikatana that murders Kickstarter. Anybody who spends money on shiny spaceships that they will never fly is a massive massive fool. Coke and strippers are a better investment

This is going to be the Daikatana that murders Kickstarter. Anybody who spends money on shiny spaceships that they will never fly is a massive massive fool. Coke and strippers are a better investment

Massive fool, here. IMO it's no different than putting money down on a fight or other sport. Just takes longer to pay-out/get collected. And if my bet pays, I get a shiny spaceship and get to make poverty jokes about you. Balanced mechanic imo.

Plus my ship already flies, so

June-24-sticking-out-tongue.jpg

That psuedo milspeak in the pax video makes it almost unwatchable.

Back