Machida month!

I thought if he hadn't started so damn slow and respected those weak kicks so much he could have won that Weidman fight. He won the last two rounds.

As much as I like the dude, it's his style, so it's kinda like saying 'if he didn't fight like Machida'.

Sadly, he is all around getting the distance and 'groove' and lost couple of fights due to it, bad decisions or not.

We get to see the man do battle once again this month.

One of my favorite fighters of all time. One of the last unique MMA fighters left.
It's always a pleasure for me to watch his fights. I have no pretensions of him
fighting for a title or contending ever again. That day is done
, but here's to a
year or two of quality memorable performances left.

That's ridiculous. You could have said that for Hunt or Lawler back in 2010 and yet, they are both implicated in a title fight at the dawn of 2015.

Machida is a proven fighter and he gave The Chris is toughest fight ever. He'll get another title shot before calling it quits, he might even win another belt if all goes well!

while ive never considered myself a fan of him. he is a good fighter and conducts himself well inside and outside of the octagon. what more can you ask for? unique for sure and one of the best.

I think he still has one more run in him to challenge for the title and depending on who's champ he can win the belt at MW. The CB fight shouldn't present too many problems.

We get to see the man do battle once again this month.

One of my favorite fighters of all time. One of the last unique MMA fighters left.
It's always a pleasure for me to watch his fights. I have no pretensions of him
fighting for a title or contending ever again. That day is done,
but here's to a
year or two of quality memorable performances left.

MAchidaKOGIF3.gif

Machida is more than capable of taking another title. He's legitimately one of the best. If he was a little busier in the Weidman fight, he'd be champion right now. What makes you think he's on his way out?

tumblr_mba67kmMh01ry1rm7o1_250.gif

tumblr_lw0v8wDTYC1r5g23do1_1280.jpg

Sorry, someone had to do it.

Btw, when he destroys Dollaway he won't be more than two fights away from a shitle tot.

That's ridiculous. You could have said that for Hunt or Lawler back in 2010 and yet, they are both implicated in a title fight at the dawn of 2015.

Machida is a proven fighter and he gave The Chris is toughest fight ever. He'll get another title shot before calling it quits, he might even win another belt if all goes well!

This

Long live Machida; a master in every sense of the word

tumblr_mba67kmMh01ry1rm7o1_250.gif

tumblr_lw0v8wDTYC1r5g23do1_1280.jpg

Sorry, someone had to do it.

Btw, when he destroys Dollaway he won't be more than two fights away from a shitle tot.

Kind of awesome to see a fighter not give up.

Warrior spirit.

Lyoto Machida is a martial artist in a world of prize fighters.

He will always be the man.

Machida definitely has some mileage left to get a UFC title. He's taken the least amount of damage of most UFC fighters throughout his career. He is getting up there in age, but he trains smart and fights smart.
I think he has to adjust his style a bit more. His usual elusive karate style movement is still effective, but a good strategist and tactician can negate that. We saw that in the Weidman fight. Matt Serra and Ray Longo certainly contributed alot to Weidman's fight IQ, thus negated a lot of Machida's usual techniques. It was only when Machida was "not fighting like Machida" and was being aggressive did he push Weidman back. Those last 2 rounds by Machida were amazing to watch. Even though he was in arguably 'desperation mode" it was still a controlled and strategic aggression, not a crazy Wanderlei Silva style, throwing caution to wind -aggression.

I can't wait for the CB Dolloway fight!!

Machida, to me, embodies the spirt and majesty of MMA. My favorite fighter ever ! War the Dragon !

Back