CM Punk Fights His First MMA Scrimmage Bout Against Undefeated Contender

When your 36 with a broken down body, limited martial arts training, and no pro fights.

for some reason people forget about all this. though he has done a bit of jj and kb, to what extent i haven't seen anything written about. can't imagine it has been anything more than a weekend warrior because of his wrestling schedule, but who knows.

more power to him i guess. on colt cabanas podcast he said he had more than enough money to live on the rest of his life. also isn't his wife still with the wwe? so cash is not a problem.

who is also financially stable enough to pursue his dreams, has a built in fanbase. a beautiful wife, and the courage to get in the cage.

god his life must suck.

Who said anything about his life sucking? Just responded to the question of potential being a bad thing, and at his current place in MMA, "potential" is not the word you want to hear.

at his current place in MMA, "potential" is not the word you want to hear.

So u would like someone who has never had a fight with little training to not have
potential?Truth is in his situation thats the most u can hope for.

I've never heard of a fight scrimmage. What a stupid fucking idea.

So u would like someone who has never had a fight with little training to not have
potential?Truth is in his situation thats the most u can hope for.

I would like someone who's never had a fight with little training to not be in the UFC tbh.

contender is a strong word for 4-0 guy... but great to see that Punk is progressing. I kinda like when the UFC just fully embraces freakshow fights like the Toney one.

Its pretty common in MMA honestly, not that I am disagreeing with you but there are many contenders that are 4-0 and close to it.

GSP, Jon Jones and Weidman to name a few were called contenders at around the same record level.

Says he has "potential", shows photo.
All I need to know.

since when is the word potential a bad thing?

Since his 36th birthday. Late 30s is a bad time to be cashing in on physical abilities you could have someday, but don't right now.

When Ben Askren is your best fighter (by far) your gym pretty much sucks.

Back