CM Punk Fights His First MMA Scrimmage Bout Against Undefeated Contender

His stance looks a little funny to me but he looks focused so thats good .....i think he's gonna surprise alot of people since when is the word potential a bad thing?
On Sherdog there is nothing that cant be spun into a negative! Tbh when i*first heard about this the thought of more WWE crossover wasnt that appealing to me. But so many people have shit on the man himself for doing what anybody would do that wanted to test himself and was given the chance that i am now actively rooting for him. And people seem to be pretty realistic with their expectations and that is the part i thought might be the most annoying. So suceed or fail he has shown some brass and is working hard and will earn a lot of people's respect. More power to him.

pretty sure he got tooled. if he had shown any promise, the video would have been released to hype him up.

that being said, if he wants to train MMA, go for it. UFC looks so dumb signing him to a contract, though.

Judging by that tweet, I'm guessing he didn't fare too well.

I've followed his career since he started out as a wrestler and I'm pretty confident he won't amount to anything. A bit of BJJ training on the side of a grueling pro-wrestling scheduele doesn't make you a good fighter. He never grew up doing anything that will profit him in the octagon like, for example, Brock did with his NCAA success. Physically, he's not special either. He never was particularly strong or durable. He may have healed off but he never had a special physique to aid him.

I think he won't be as terrible and planless as many people claim or want to believe he will but he will get smashed by every serious fighter who has trained from a young age.

He's still kick your ass. lol

that old argument only works for real professional level fighters.

When it comes to amateurs like phil "cm punk" brooks, it does not apply. I'd honestly like my chances against him a lot. Especially if you gave me the same amount of training and quality trainers.

but even without the same quality trainers, give me a couple of months in the gym and even just a little training and I'd be willing to bet I could possibly beat CM Punk.

That's what makes this situation so sad.

@CMPunk #MMA fight scrimmage with Pro 4-0 Welterweight @craigeckelberg yesterday at @roufusport Punk has some things to work on but he showed a lot of #Potential @ufc @danawhiteufc #UFC photo credit to @duchessofroufus

10979533_815340631886507_724288955_n.jpg

Punk is mixing up the stare down with the fight it seems.

Punk looks like he lost a lot of weight already. Fighter shape is different than prowrestler shape.

Also IF Brock comes back. ROUFUS SPORTS is only 5 hours away from Blocks house. Brock may highly consider training over there. At least he should. Having his own camp of yes men isn't the greatest for him. Plus he needs to work on his striking. Imagine Punk and Lesnar training together. The WWE invasion is here. Lol.

$100 Duke wouldn't even use the word potential if you had a sparring match at his gym. What would that make you?

He would if the person he was talking about was bringing huge exposure to his gym lol

I have a feeling he wont do too well.

They need to motherfuckin sign Jason David Frank for this fight. He would be the PERFECT opponent for CM Punk. It's super easy to hype and there's already built in drama. ITS PERFECT

So how many times do you think Eckelberg finished him? Bully Beatdown proportions?

He is giving it his best shot, and seems to have a good humble attitude about where he fits in the grand scheme of things.

Long as he doesn't act like a douchebag I have nothing bad to say about the guy.

I mean...he's sparring with MMA gloves on and shinpads...

how is this relevant to anything substantial

I am anxiously waiting for the announcement of his opponent. I think it's gonna be Leben lol.

And i feel like roufus sport is the wrong place to start out. He teaches some very advanced stuff.

He's not going to be fighting an experienced fighter for his first professional fight. That would be insane.

Never thought of leben. Give leben about a weeks notice.

I like it, some old school PRIDE stuff there. Let the main attraction know whe hes fighting well ahead of time and let the other guy know a couple days before.

That drug free shirt would go over hilariously well if they matched him up with Nick Diaz.

Nick Diaz would retire CM Punk. Really bad introduction to the sport for a guy who isn't used to being punched in the face to match him up with a guy who lands 100+ punches a round.

On Sherdog there is nothing that cant be spun into a negative! Tbh when i*first heard about this the thought of more WWE crossover wasnt that appealing to me. But so many people have shit on the man himself for doing what anybody would do that wanted to test himself and was given the chance that i am now actively rooting for him. And people seem to be pretty realistic with their expectations and that is the part i thought might be the most annoying. So suceed or fail he has shown some brass and is working hard and will earn a lot of people's respect. More power to him.

Same I didn't really know him prior to him signing with the UFC, but i've since done my research. You can tell that the guy is a genuine avid fan of mma. He's been doing interviews with Helwani for years and drops names like Anthony Perosh and Brian Carraway. Even the WWE fans are shitting on him, calling him a traitor and saying they can't wait for him to get knocked out so he'll go running back to wrestling.

He seems like an intelligent, funny guy and he's definitely won me over.

Well then...
I can tell a lot from that photo!!
:rolleyes:

Can't wait, this could be the next coming of Jesus H Christ

Back