Gym Idiots V12

There are lots of very strong bodybuilders. And being lean is preferable to being fat (or fat looking).

I squat and dl and press and bench... because I enjoy the challenge and i like how little time it takes. I realize this is s&c but honestly you guys are so extremist sometimes, spouting the same old crap.. 'i lift for strength, not for looks.' I lift for both.

How is it crap if it's true?People come in my gym and only do curls and triceps extensions and i couldn't care less.What you want to do with your time and how much effort you want to put into it is your own choice.

I'm 200 pounds with visible abs btw...we're not talking about some gut spilling powerlifter that barely walks.I just don't bother counting calories,i eat enough so i can recover from my workouts.I don't care about being shredded doing tons of steroids/starving myself/dehydrating myself so i can post photos on instragram and people would applaud.

Bodybuilding and powerlifting are not that different in their essence...pussified men benching 135 for years and doing nothing but leg extensions and bicep curls is what gives ''bodybuilding'' a bad name.And it's always those type of people that are first to comment on someone else.

Not really idiots, but...

- Guy was doing hang cleans, then I guess he decided to try a jerk? Or he missed big time on the hang clean, but anyway, not using bumper plates, a loud slam on the ground.

Sounds like me.

Bodybuilding and powerlifting are not that different in their essence...

We're in agreement. I'm just amused at the mentality of those who 'lift for strength' and carry that as their mantra - we're becoming the new 'bro's' and not just because broscience said so. I saw a 10 year old looking kid break out a set of bodyweight squats on the side of a bridge the other day. A KID! Joking it up with his buddies. See? We're officially mainstream.

Arnold was a badass, I don't think anyone disagrees with that. That being said, there are numerous accounts of him fighting with some other giant bodybuilder at a gym some times and them both looking like total chumps swinging all kinds of bullshit like "girly men". Gloggen Gluben Yearrghh GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Not sure if this goes in this discussion y'all are having, but it seemed apt.

So I went to a metro tournament today and wow. There was kids squirming around while getting their lift in and just looked ridiculous. Just do the weight you can do

Alright guys...

This is a bit off topic, but who is this Frank Yang guy?

I saw a video of him and it was the most absurd shit ever. He was recommending eating 8,000 calories a day and then snorted "creatine" off one of the benches right in the gym. So I checked out his youtube page and all of his videos are like that. I'm like 90% sure it's supposed to be a joke, but I just don't get it. Who is this guy and what's his deal?

Alright guys...

I saw a video of him and it was the most absurd shit ever. He was recommending eating 8,000 calories a day and then snorted "creatine" off one of the benches right in the gym. So I checked out his youtube page and all of his videos are like that. I'm like 90% sure it's supposed to be a joke, but I just don't get it. Who is this guy and what's his deal?
His bbc back workout tutorial is insane lol

to my surprise, a person pulled 600lbs today. local commercial gym... not a powerlifter... said he weight "210". huge upper body with skinny ass legs. i never seen him squat or bench... and usually pulls around 400ish... doing "bodybuilding" stuff... guess today was 90+% day. seemed cool... not sure yet, however.

on the flip side... too much to bullshit about. i need a power rack at home.

I moved recently so I'm looking for a new gym and decided to give this commercial gym close to me a chance, only to find they have no squatrack, no bumperplates, and two bars for the whole gym. Luckily the smith machine had hooks on the outside, so I used it as a squat stand while bro's were waiting to get their pec pump on.
Icing on the cake was when one of the chestbros unzipped his hoodie, and showed that he had a belt tied underneath it the whole time.

I'm the idiot again
Pin presses
Respond to text
Lay back on bench
Slam head on bar

I had a similar case the other day. I was doing OHP and almost KTFO myself. Bar came close to a couple of mm to my chin

Alright guys...

I think the guy is an unfunny troll. I dunno. I saw one of his videos b/c there was an Asian girl with a terrific ass.

I think the guy is an unfunny troll. I dunno. I saw one of his videos b/c there was an Asian girl with a terrific ass.

I went back and watched a few and in one he was lifting in jeans and a leather jacket while his girlfriend climbed all over the weight racks. I just don't get it.

Alright guys...

He is a bro philosopher who likes making shock art videos...If you are watching his videos for s&c advice you`ll have to dig very hard to find any...

I've mentioned on here before about our resident 50+ year old Kung Fu Tony, who does 'tap dancing' katas right in the middle of the free weight area taking up space.
Anyways, I was training with my mate, whos a cheeky fuckah most of the time. We wanted do some DB Presses for bench accessory and noticed Kung Fu Tony doing his tap dancing where we could be doing something productive.
I said "Ah, shit. He's in the way"
My mate said "I'll tell him to get the fuck out of the way now"
So he walks over, and said "Tone, can we use this area? If you want to practise your dance moves go and use the dance studio."
Tony said "haha, good one, it's Kung Fu"
Mate says: "Whatever it is, it's in our way, go use the dance studio."

Obviously It's a little harsh, I told my mate he was a cheeky fucker, but at least he took the hint. He can do his tap dancing anywhere, yet chooses the free weight area.

He is a bro philosopher who likes making shock art videos...If you are watching his videos for s&c advice you`ll have to dig very hard to find any...

Whatever it is, it's weird and I don't like it. I wonder how many impressionable teens have come across his videos and thought snorting lines of "creatine" off a sweaty gym bench is a good idea.

I don't know where to put this:

I'm married, and work out at a college gym. I can't take it anymore! I'm tired of these chicks in skin tight clothes working out around me. It is totally distracting.

We have like 6 racks that run the width of the gym. Gym is pretty empty. I'm doing OHP and a girl in tights decides to set up and do squats right next to me. Then I move over to the other side and do lat pull downs. Another gorgeous chick in some crazy tight and thin pants comes right behind me and does stiff leg deads.

I'm just trying my damnedest not to stare.

Girls always say "oh, I wear tight clothes because it is more functional and blah blah blah" Whatever. If I show up to the gym wearing only compression shorts with a massive bulge and start doing hip thrusts - people are going to stare and be distracted too.

I can't take it!! AHHHHHH!

I don't know where to put this:

I'm married, and work out at a college gym. I can't take it anymore! I'm tired of these chicks in skin tight clothes working out around me. It is totally distracting.

We have like 6 racks that run the width of the gym. Gym is pretty empty. I'm doing OHP and a girl in tights decides to set up and do squats right next to me. Then I move over to the other side and do lat pull downs. Another gorgeous chick in some crazy tight and thin pants comes right behind me and does stiff leg deads.

I'm just trying my damnedest not to stare.

Girls always say "oh, I wear tight clothes because it is more functional and blah blah blah" Whatever. If I show up to the gym wearing only compression shorts with a massive bulge and start doing hip thrusts - people are going to stare and be distracted too.

I can't take it!! AHHHHHH!

Was gonna call you "Pussy Magnet" but the end of your post killed it.
Why not stare if the gym is empty? I mean don't be too obvious but staring is good for your testosterone.

Back