Gym Idiots V12

Squat day, guy walks up to me between my one of my set. Guy = 190lbs at 5'5" with the biggest arms I've seen, not sure if synthol...
Guy: Hey, sometimes when you do that, does your back hurt at night?
Me: What do you mean, Squats? (My technique is not THAT bad...)
Guy: Yeah, I used to do those and go really heavy on these up until I hurt my back.
Me: Oh, that sucks. Was my technique bad?
Guy: No but when someone squat the bar sits right on your spine (Goes to point a lowbar position, how do you even have the bar on your spine when you lowbar?), it's not good for your back. My doctor told me I should stop squatting because it's bad for your spine. I was having electric shocks going all the way down my legs at night.
Me: Oh shit. (I'm not going to explain this guy how to brace your core and build a shell with your upper back...)
Guy: Yeah, I was using the smith machine and I hurt my back really bad.
Me: Ok but I'm not even going that heavy right now.
Guy: Ok, be careful don't hurt your back.

TL;DR: Heavy squats on the smith machine with the bar sitting right on the spine...

Squat day, guy walks up to me between my one of my set. Guy = 190lbs at 5'5" with the biggest arms I've seen, not sure if synthol...
Guy: Hey, sometimes when you do that, does your back hurt at night?
Me: What do you mean, Squats? (My technique is not THAT bad...)
Guy: Yeah, I used to do those and go really heavy on these up until I hurt my back.
Me: Oh, that sucks. Was my technique bad?
Guy: No but when someone squat the bar sits right on your spine (Goes to point a lowbar position, how do you even have the bar on your spine when you lowbar?), it's not good for your back. My doctor told me I should stop squatting because it's bad for your spine. I was having electric shocks going all the way down my legs at night.
Me: Oh shit. (I'm not going to explain this guy how to brace your core and build a shell with your upper back...)
Guy: Yeah, I was using the smith machine and I hurt my back really bad.
Me: Ok but I'm not even going that heavy right now.
Guy: Ok, be careful don't hurt your back.

TL;DR: Heavy squats on the smith machine with the bar sitting right on the spine...

Well, on the plus side he's looking out for your wellbeing.

I think a lot times people are just trying out the weight, and getting their body used to it. I usually do half reps when I first move up in weight significantly. In the following weeks, once the nervous system knows what the weight feels like, then I go ATG.

are you moving up 50lb at a time? your nervous system already knows what to do, and half reps are just hurting you in the long run

I think a lot times people are just trying out the weight, and getting their body used to it. I usually do half reps when I first move up in weight significantly. In the following weeks, once the nervous system knows what the weight feels like, then I go ATG.

Lol. Wat?

are you moving up 50lb at a time? your nervous system already knows what to do, and half reps are just hurting you in the long run

This.

Could-You-Not-Meme-Girl-Gif-During-The-Car-Ride-To-Disneyland_208x208.jpg

Fucking lots of people "getting used to new weights" for very long periods of time in that case....

Why are you making such big jumps in weight instead of smaller increments?

Thinking out loud has to possibly be the worst song to attempt to squat to

I occasionally ask women to spot me while benching. Most of the time they freak out and claim they don't know what to do. I reassure them by saying "Don't let me die".

DUDE. I'm stealing this.

Any old whoo: I have developed an advanced intolerance, almost a hateful obsession, for people who do dumb bell curls, shrugs, or tricep extensions,etc right up against the dumbbell rack. You know? These guys just pick up the weights and don't step back from the rack, and start lifting. They're blocking the rack, so no one else can grab weights or put weights back from that section until they're done. In a crowded gym it's lame as fuck. It's because the rack is right up against the mirror. That shit annoys me.

DUDE. I'm stealing this.

Any old whoo: I have developed an advanced intolerance, almost a hateful obsession, for people who do dumb bell curls, shrugs, or tricep extensions,etc right up against the dumbbell rack. You know? These guys just pick up the weights and don't step back from the rack, and start lifting. They're blocking the rack, so no one else can grab weights or put weights back from that section until they're done. In a crowded gym it's lame as fuck. It's because the rack is right up against the mirror. That shit annoys me.

I feel your pain brother.

I'm the usual hater of and not limited to;

Chatting between sets, mobile use, looking in the mirror constantly like you've just put on 10kg of mass since you last saw yourself in a mirror which was 10 seconds ago.

I tried using the mirror to check my back angle Deadlifting

Doesn't work

I tried using the mirror to check my back angle Deadlifting

Doesn't work

pull out the slack and check yourself in a side mirror

once you are in motion, you should know if you are rounding your lower back or not

the misses a doctor
in the mould of an absent minded professor
she insists that i disinfect my mouthguard
okay whatever
i do in mouthwash
yesterday she decided it should be done in dettol
in america i think it is Provon or Maxiclean
i mean this stuff smells like paint thinner
so you can all see what happens... i think it is a bad idea, she soaks it for an hour against my knowledge
my $350 custom mouthguard now stinks
i can't really put it in mouth
currently soaking it in toothpaste
*sigh*

Smith Machines should be melted down for scrap.. when are people gonna stop using those things?

I beg to differ, I find smith machines to be very useful

As my clothing rack

I beg to differ, I find smith machines to be very useful

As my clothing rack

I've seen some chicks do some sort of single leg glute ham raise movement with it. I liked that.

Before I switched gyms I would use them exclusively for pull ups.

Thats a good one also, adjustable height for all.

Speaking of smith machine I saw a weird case last week. 2/3 squats racks available, and this guy chooses to use the SM for squats.

DUDE. I'm stealing this.

Tell them to put the dumbells down on the ground and then kick and roll them out towards a bench or something. I have seen a few bros do that instead of wasting their energy on the farmer's walk

Before I switched gyms I would use them exclusively for pull ups.

theyre great for tying resistance bands to. such convenient height changing so you get a GOAT mobility warmup from head to toe.

Anyone else annoyed by all the Superman logo shit people have been wearing lately?

Yesterday there were THREE dudes with a tight workout shirt with a Superman "S" in the middle. There were only about 15 guys in the entire gym (early afternoon), and 3 of them had the same dumbass shirt.

Douchy McDouches

Back