Gym Idiots V12

Thats a good one also, adjustable height for all.

Speaking of smith machine I saw a weird case last week. 2/3 squats racks available, and this guy chooses to use the SM for squats.

pretty common where I train. They added a second squat rack which is great yet there are still a ton of people that will walk right past them to the smith machines to do squats

Tell them to put the dumbells down on the ground and then kick and roll them out towards a bench or something. I have seen a few bros do that instead of wasting their energy on the farmer's walk

I tend to see more effort go into slamming the dumbbells as hard as they can, than actually lifting the weights, this is of course after they have laid back in the incline position and had someone place them in their hands rather than just grab the weights sit down and lean back to press of course.

Depends
Are they legit strong or little skinny twats?

superhero logo shirts are $7.50 at Walmart now

Most are strong dudes.

Though, at least in my gym, the big strong dudes are the most flagrant offenders when it comes to douchey-ness. They're the ones that lift next to the rack, throw weights around, hog about 12 dumbbells, etc.

So, personally, I wouldn't give them a pass because they're strong.

There's an entire class of lifter in my gym who lifts strictly upper body. It's bench, incline bench on the smith machine, entire epochs spent in the cable machine, plus curls galore. Maybe they'll press on a machine, but this is only the hardcore upper body guys. You'll meet a leprechaun on a unicorn before you see them do a chin up.

Big deal you say, every gym has that. But these guys are anywhere between their 30s and 70s (no shit) and have been in the gym doing this shit so long they've actually got their pictures on the wall (again, no shit.)

It's not like they're punk kids who don't know better. They've been doing this shit multiple times a week since Carter was in the White House with no demonstrable results, but they just keep coasting along.

Why? They're not athletes, I'm pretty sure the bulk of them have long since stopped chasing pussy, or getting erections for that matter.

Examples of their brilliance:
~I'm warming up for squats with an empty bar, and one of these guys asks me why I'm not wearing a belt.
~a guy who looks like the dad from Wonder Years walking around in a Superman t-shirt without sleeves and a lifting belt curling, then pawing at the punching bag, then curling, then pawing at the punching bag, etc.
~guy who appears to be in his mid 50s spend most of his workout talking to his buddies about recovering from a heart attack. Mind you, the guy is a sloppy 300lbs if he's a pound, but all he can talk about is "Yeah, I've got to get my strength back", then he benches 150 for 3 reps.

tl/dr: I should have my own home gym shortly and will weep tears of joy when I do.

Anyone else annoyed by all the Superman logo shit people have been wearing lately?

Yesterday there were THREE dudes with a tight workout shirt with a Superman "S" in the middle. There were only about 15 guys in the entire gym (early afternoon), and 3 of them had the same dumbass shirt.

Douchy McDouches

Superman shirts have been around forever. What would u like to see on these men youre checking out?

u mad for nothing

I wonder what a lot of people who are posting in this thread are like in the gym. Can't be training very hard. A lot seem to be paying far too much attention to other people.

I have just come back from the gym and I couldn't tell you what other people were wearing, what they were doing or how weight they were lifting.

Yup. No matter who. Men or women in the gym won't take unsolicited advice kindly.

Saw this a few years ago, it went like this:

Guy A - "Can I give you some advice for your squats"
Guy B - "No thanks, I'm okay"

Guy A proceeds to give advice anyways

readImage

There's an entire class of lifter in my gym who lifts strictly upper body

They look like this?

every-day-is-upper-body-day.jpeg

Muskie - he might have been injured. Either that or practicing his form with that gear at a light weight (50kg) before ramping it up.

Exactly.

The first time I did squats after I fractured my knee I only used 50kg and did loads of sets. Just wanted to see how my knee felt after.

Exactly.

The first time I did squats after I fractured my knee I only used 50kg and did loads of sets. Just wanted to see how my knee felt after.

Is this about the trend in my gym in China to use loads of 15 or even 10 kilo plates?

Rest assured people make a lot of noise especially those using the leg press machine or the assisted dip machine. The guy in question who squatted did:

50 kilos
80 kilos
110 kilos
Then I think he couldn't add another 15 kilos to either side, so he added at 5 or 10 kilo plate. Like I said there was nothing wrong with the dude, wasn't old, wasn't injured, just made sure to wear tights, knee wraps, belt, hoodie, headphones on the outside of the hoodie, and then like I said I blinked and missed his set of 110 kilos. Not sure if he even managed one rep at over 110 kilos.

I've seen people do deadlifts and or rows the say, no 20 kilo plates involved but a half dozen or more 10 kilo plates. Like I said width gives the illusion of lifting a lot I guess.

Is this about the trend in my gym in China to use loads of 15 or even 10 kilo plates?

Rest assured people make a lot of noise especially those using the leg press machine or the assisted dip machine. The guy in question who squatted did:

50 kilos
80 kilos
110 kilos
Then I think he couldn't add another 15 kilos to either side, so he added at 5 or 10 kilo plate. Like I said there was nothing wrong with the dude, wasn't old, wasn't injured, just made sure to wear tights, knee wraps, belt, hoodie, headphones on the outside of the hoodie, and then like I said I blinked and missed his set of 110 kilos. Not sure if he even managed one rep at over 110 kilos.

I've seen people do deadlifts and or rows the say, no 20 kilo plates involved but a half dozen or more 10 kilo plates. Like I said width gives the illusion of lifting a lot I guess.

Weird. The Chinese guys at my gym tend to do the same thing with the 10kg plates. The greatest abomination was the day two Chinese guys put a 10kg bumper plate on one side and a normal diameter 10kg plate on the other.

WTF is wrong with people that they can't see how wrong that is?

I've done that before as a form of deficit deadlifts. It's a lot more stable than standing on a box, especially if you are doing deficit sumo deadlifts.

saw a guy doing quarter squats... With a hundred and thirty five pounds. at the same time while I was doing military press there was a guy using the dip bar next to me going down no further than about an inch and a half. if you blink you missed his range of motion

Overheard this dumbass say he could take a bjj blackbelt without any training, just because he's strong.

saw a guy doing quarter squats... With a hundred and thirty five pounds. at the same time while I was doing military press there was a guy using the dip bar next to me going down no further than about an inch and a half. if you blink you missed his range of motion

one of my... "explosive" friends is jacked and ripped as shit, looks like a professional bodybuilder, used to drive me crazy working out with him, his ROM was like 1/4 each time and then he would brag about how he can do more reps than me... after training with him for a few months I could do more reps than him even with his bs range of motion. still not jacked like him tho lol guy had a 12 pack since we were like 8 years old

I wonder what a lot of people who are posting in this thread are like in the gym. Can't be training very hard. A lot seem to be paying far too much attention to other people.

I have just come back from the gym and I couldn't tell you what other people were wearing, what they were doing or how weight they were lifting.

Too busy admiring yourself in the mirror?

Back