Gym Idiots V12

I don't know where to put this:

I'm married, and work out at a college gym. I can't take it anymore! I'm tired of these chicks in skin tight clothes working out around me. It is totally distracting.

We have like 6 racks that run the width of the gym. Gym is pretty empty. I'm doing OHP and a girl in tights decides to set up and do squats right next to me. Then I move over to the other side and do lat pull downs. Another gorgeous chick in some crazy tight and thin pants comes right behind me and does stiff leg deads.

I'm just trying my damnedest not to stare.

Girls always say "oh, I wear tight clothes because it is more functional and blah blah blah" Whatever. If I show up to the gym wearing only compression shorts with a massive bulge and start doing hip thrusts - people are going to stare and be distracted too.

I can't take it!! AHHHHHH!

Just bang bro

I don't know where to put this:

I'm married, and work out at a college gym. I can't take it anymore! I'm tired of these chicks in skin tight clothes working out around me. It is totally distracting.

We have like 6 racks that run the width of the gym. Gym is pretty empty. I'm doing OHP and a girl in tights decides to set up and do squats right next to me. Then I move over to the other side and do lat pull downs. Another gorgeous chick in some crazy tight and thin pants comes right behind me and does stiff leg deads.

I'm just trying my damnedest not to stare.

Girls always say "oh, I wear tight clothes because it is more functional and blah blah blah" Whatever. If I show up to the gym wearing only compression shorts with a massive bulge and start doing hip thrusts - people are going to stare and be distracted too.

I can't take it!! AHHHHHH!

Yep. Some guys talk about it like it's awesome. I just find it damn awkward

Also, my wife is a professor there. So I have this paranoia that someone will be like "I saw your husband at the gym, he would not stop looking at lady butts". They are everywhere, I can't not look!

Also, my wife is a professor there. So I have this paranoia that someone will be like "I saw your husband at the gym, he would not stop looking at lady butts". They are everywhere, I can't not look!

Where do you live, so I can help those girls with their form?

I would never get any cardio in if it weren't for fine girls with squat booties on the treadmills.

I would never get any cardio in if it weren't for fine girls with squat booties on the treadmills.

Dis. Best part of the gym. Besides everything that isn't cardio.

Seriously. Fuck cardio.

God bless squat booties.

Whatever it is, it's weird and I don't like it. I wonder how many impressionable teens have come across his videos and thought snorting lines of "creatine" off a sweaty gym bench is a good idea.

6hlu68.jpg

had to be done

I find that the older I get, the more of a necessity cardio has become. I also have difficulty doing cardio in doors, so I tend to do it outside. That being said, I often flex my massive guns for da squat booties on the treadmills. fuck yeah!

I find that the older I get, the more of a necessity cardio has become. I also have difficulty doing cardio in doors, so I tend to do it outside. That being said, I often flex my massive guns for da squat booties on the treadmills. fuck yeah!

Oddly I've always found cardio better outside. More accurate for me. Also convenient

Dis. Best part of the gym. Besides everything that isn't cardio.

Seriously. Fuck cardio.

God bless squat booties.

This. I have arthritis, so I stick to the Elliptical machines to go easier on my knees until I build them up better, and they're positioned right behind treadmills. Dem booties give me motivation. I like to think of it as chasing butt all the way not being a fat fuck anymore.

Oddly I've always found cardio better outside. More accurate for me. Also convenient

I honestly can't wait until my legs are built up enough for me to run outside without feeling like a hammer is being taken to my knees.

Is there anything worse than going into a thread about lifting in the heavies?

So many "weight training isn't optimal for functional strength all it does is give you beach muscles" type replies. It makes my head hurt.

Is there anything worse than going into a thread about lifting in the heavies?

So many "weight training isn't optimal for functional strength all it does is give you beach muscles" type replies. It makes my head hurt.

We don't go to the heavies.

It's a bad place.

I had a similar case the other day. I was doing OHP and almost KTFO myself. Bar came close to a couple of mm to my chin

I guess you didn't hear the Doug Tate line about texting between sets...

I was in the gym this morning and I did my squats, no amazing accomplishments were achieved. But later another guy came and did squats. He had a gym back, tights, belt, knee wraps, he wasn't even Chinese. What he did that was odd was use the 15 kilo plates. Not one 15, but 15's were his thing.

Empty Bar,
1 set of 15s
2 set of 15s
3 set of 15s

I blinked and missed that set. I guess he was too busy wrapping and unwrapping, anyway I think he added 10 more kilos after that.

Perhaps even weirder, last night someone moved the leg press sled. It is a big sled, but someone moved it a couple feet out from the wall. The only reason I can think to do that is to position a latter or something behind it for photos.

I work out in California Fitness in Shanghai FWIW worth. I've seen people use multiple sets of 10 kilo plates on bench and deadlift rather than put on the 20 kilo plate. I swear they think width of the plates matters more than weight.

Of course people load of the leg press with every 45 they can find, wrap their knees and move it 3 inches. Women generally have better form than men at squats, but of course in China it is all about preacher curls and texting.

Outdoor cardio is infinatly better than indoor. I've been loading a 110kg sandbag, 24kg kettle bell and a jump rope into this old wheelbarrow I found and taking it to the pull up and dip bars in the park outside, there's also a hill that takes ~ 45 seconds to run up.

I've put together some sweet conditioning circuits with that stuff, takes me awhile to get home because I'm so crushed.

Muskie - he might have been injured. Either that or practicing his form with that gear at a light weight (50kg) before ramping it up.

Guy next to me is deadlifting with his heels up on 25 pound weights so he has a HUGE amount of forward lean. Like he clears his knees and then has to pendulum the bar back to his hips. This is about to be snap city

Warming up with KBs, doing halos for dat shoulder mobility. Shortly after a bro joins in using the kettlebells.

Cardio bunny behind me asks her Skellington (boy)friend the fuck am I doing, or what the heck are kbs. I can see them because there is a mirror in front of me.

Mr Skellinton smiles and proceeds to take one of the smallest KBs (4 kgs, so around 10 lbs) to show her some swings. No hip movement, just straight up pulling-esque movement, slouched back, he's putting so much effort the KB is smashing his forearms. 5 reps in Cardio Bunny has lost all interest and leaves for the bikes. Skellington follows after ditching the KB and rubbing his forearms.

The things we do for womyn.

I worked out at a gym in the navy that had 2 leg presses side by side

Only hot girl on base sits next to me as I'm maxing out at 1000ish

Tried to hold a fart I'm during but instead I farted so loud the people on the space station probably heard it

It echoed in a busy gym

Didn't even in rack the weights
Just left

Does anyone else stop, and watch anyone in the squat rack with reasonable amount of weight on the bar and just wait to see their reps?
You can almost tell by simply looking at someone whether they're going to hit depth or not, 9 times out of 10 I'm right in assuming they can't, but every once in a while I'm proven wrong.
My face looks pretty much like this...

tumblr_ly6qwt5wjT1r30zsdo1_500.gif

Minus the long sexy hair and chiseled looks. (only joking I'm handsome as fuck).

I think a lot times people are just trying out the weight, and getting their body used to it. I usually do half reps when I first move up in weight significantly. In the following weeks, once the nervous system knows what the weight feels like, then I go ATG.

Back