Gym Idiots V12

Anyone else annoyed by all the Superman logo shit people have been wearing lately?

Yesterday there were THREE dudes with a tight workout shirt with a Superman "S" in the middle. There were only about 15 guys in the entire gym (early afternoon), and 3 of them had the same dumbass shirt.

Douchy McDouches

I'm wearing superman underpants right now.

Why are you making such big jumps in weight instead of smaller increments?

True, what you guys say makes sense, and when I mean half reps, I mean that I at least hit parallel. When I was working my way up to 300lbs, I was making jumps in increments of 15-25 lbs, but now that I am doing more weight, I am not making jumps as large, so it's a non issue.

It was a few years back, and I was told by a guy at my gym that until I reach 300 or so pounds, I could jump in bigger increments.

But I agree with all the criticism, it is bad for your knees, and it would have been better to go ATG and jump in increments of 5 or so pounds.

Anyone else annoyed by all the Superman logo shit people have been wearing lately?

Yesterday there were THREE dudes with a tight workout shirt with a Superman "S" in the middle. There were only about 15 guys in the entire gym (early afternoon), and 3 of them had the same dumbass shirt.

Douchy McDouches

That is so fucking lame.

Douchy McDouches
I'd rather see that than the endless sea of FLAG NOR FAIL and ANIMAL shirts in my gym.

anyone notice gymbros never wear Tapout, Affliction or UFC shirts anymore? Its gotten too corny even for fake-tan and gold chain crowd.

I'd rather see that than the endless sea of FLAG NOR FAIL and ANIMAL shirts in my gym.

anyone notice gymbros never wear Tapout, Affliction or UFC shirts anymore? Its gotten too corny even for fake-tan and gold chain crowd.

In my gym that crowd are into gold gym clothing, I've often wanted to take sneaky pics of them, you know have a 'gold's gym pressingon the stability ball' 'gold's gym curling in the squat rack' collection, classic

not Flash underpants? didn't want to give the ladies fair warning that it was gonna be quick?

oh_snap.gif

I set this guy on 5/3/1 about 2 years ago, he literally didn't progressed at all and change the programme to follow another instructors programme, which was probably something shit.
Anyways, he still trains in the gym, he still as skinny as ever and I'm watching him really struggle to bench 70kg for 5.

I will never take the piss out of someone for being weak, but his programming and his mentality to lifting is so poor that I can't help for get annoyed. Annoyed because he'll ask me for a spot and purposely fail, or tell me that he's been stuck at a certain weight for ages and then completely disregard any information I give him.
All I want to say is "You're being a fanny, you need to de-pussify your training and quit being a little bitch". But I can't.
We call him 'touch me up Toby', because he used to stare us down from across the gym when he was going squats, and wait for us to make eye contact then call us over to 'spot' his squat set. He'd always fail, I mean not ever try to grind out the final rep, he'd just quit.. meaning we had to assist his lift. I was convinced he was doing it on purpose.
My mate told him once that if he fails he's going to let it crush him. He got the rep.

There we go, just then, literally just then I had to spot his 70kg for 4, failed at 2, I assisted the 3rd, had to pull the bar off his chest 4th rep.
He then sat up and said "My bench has been really bad recently, I'm getting weaker".
To which I replied "Why do you think that is..."
He said, "I don't know".
So I said "how often do you bench?"
he paused and thought hard "Maybe, once every 2 weeks..."
Me "Well, there you go then."

Should've seen me trying to organize a two board press at my local gym in a box

Idiotry at its finest

How about dumbbell deadlifts on top of a boson ball?

Eh?

Eh?

DUDE. I'm stealing this.

Any old whoo: I have developed an advanced intolerance, almost a hateful obsession, for people who do dumb bell curls, shrugs, or tricep extensions,etc right up against the dumbbell rack. You know? These guys just pick up the weights and don't step back from the rack, and start lifting. They're blocking the rack, so no one else can grab weights or put weights back from that section until they're done. In a crowded gym it's lame as fuck. It's because the rack is right up against the mirror. That shit annoys me.

It still beats the old people at my gym who use the dumbbell rack as a coat rack. I go to pick up some dumbbells and some old guy has his jacket draped over them. Then he think I'm being rude if I drop his jacket on the floor to access the weights.

There was a middle aged guy at my gym who would bench every single day. He would always attempt his max, and over the period of maybe a year he slowly started to get weaker and deteriorate. His poundage decreased, and he even started to bench uneven, with one arm not locking out.

After awhile he started getting stuck under his ever decreasing bench weight. After helping him escape when he yelled he was stuck, I eventually (and I almost never give anyone lifting advice) asked him why he was max benching everyday. I told him he was tearing himself apart and he should mix up his routine a little bit. He got very angry at me for suggesting this and stormed off....lol, oh well I tried!

The last time I was at that gym years ago he was still benching everyday and was down to maybe 185 as his max and his right arm was sticking maybe 6 inches from lockout, but the left arm would straighten out. I think when I first saw the guy his max was maybe 250 done in good form.

There was a middle aged guy at my gym who would bench every single day. He would always attempt his max, and over the period of maybe a year he slowly started to get weaker and deteriorate. His poundage decreased, and he even started to bench uneven, with one arm not locking out.

After awhile he started getting stuck under his ever decreasing bench weight. After helping him escape when he yelled he was stuck, I eventually (and I almost never give anyone lifting advice) asked him why he was max benching everyday. I told him he was tearing himself apart and he should mix up his routine a little bit. He got very angry at me for suggesting this and stormed off....lol, oh well I tried!

The last time I was at that gym years ago he was still benching everyday and was down to maybe 185 as his max and his right arm was sticking maybe 6 inches from lockout, but the left arm would straighten out. I think when I first saw the guy his max was maybe 250 done in good form.

What if he was dying?

What if he was dying?

I did consider he may have a terminal illness or something, but he didn't look like he was sick and besides, even if he was what is the point of doing a max bench workout every single day?

never give advice unless you are asked

I set this guy on 5/3/1 about 2 years ago, he literally didn't progressed at all and change the programme to follow another instructors programme, which was probably something shit.
Anyways, he still trains in the gym, he still as skinny as ever and I'm watching him really struggle to bench 70kg for 5.

I will never take the piss out of someone for being weak, but his programming and his mentality to lifting is so poor that I can't help for get annoyed. Annoyed because he'll ask me for a spot and purposely fail, or tell me that he's been stuck at a certain weight for ages and then completely disregard any information I give him.
All I want to say is "You're being a fanny, you need to de-pussify your training and quit being a little bitch". But I can't.
We call him 'touch me up Toby', because he used to stare us down from across the gym when he was going squats, and wait for us to make eye contact then call us over to 'spot' his squat set. He'd always fail, I mean not ever try to grind out the final rep, he'd just quit.. meaning we had to assist his lift. I was convinced he was doing it on purpose.
My mate told him once that if he fails he's going to let it crush him. He got the rep.

There we go, just then, literally just then I had to spot his 70kg for 4, failed at 2, I assisted the 3rd, had to pull the bar off his chest 4th rep.
He then sat up and said "My bench has been really bad recently, I'm getting weaker".
To which I replied "Why do you think that is..."
He said, "I don't know".
So I said "how often do you bench?"
he paused and thought hard "Maybe, once every 2 weeks..."
Me "Well, there you go then."

just ask him out and be done with it.

Back