Jason Thacker Gofund me page.

Hey guys, I'm starting 3 different GoFundMe's.

One for Junie Browning
One for War Machine
One for <insert random fighter that was cut from the UFC and has lost motivation and/or the ability to make something of their lives>

^ one of the above has got to tug at your heartstrings enough that you'd be willing to donate. I promise it will get to said party.

Be sure to link in this thread, it's getting the most non-stickied sympathy flow so far.

I don't get why you are beaking so bad. Why do you have to make us feel guilty for wanting to help this guy? You can post a million other stories or fundraisers but I want to donate to this guy once it is verified.

This thread is about him and if you don't want to donate or don't like him then go to a different thread.

I don't get why you are beaking so bad. Why do you have to make us feel guilty for wanting to help this guy? You can post a million other stories or fundraisers but I want to donate to this guy once it is verified.

This thread is about him and if you don't want to donate or don't like him then go to a different thread.

This thread is about empathy for our fellow man, don't be selfish.

One for Junie Browning
One for War Machine
One for <insert random fighter that was cut from the UFC and has lost motivation and/or the ability to make something of their lives>

^ one of the above has got to tug at your heartstrings enough that you'd be willing to donate. I promise it will get to said party.

david terrell? not the black one the mexican one

I understand it was cutthroat grabbing this guy off the street and throwing him on a show with a bunch of trained killers while going through medication withdrawal; but he did do it himself and it was a better opportunity than most people receive. He had a shot.
Paying your own medical bills was standard practice then too and while harsh the UFC worked hard and that was one of the things they have since changed. I'm not sure how that works in smaller promotions.
Then he had an opportunity to avenge himself against his tormentor on the UFC's dime and time. He received $5000 to show as well and that is good money considering his experience.
Over all I think he made out pretty good from the UFC.
I believe his problems arise from people outside of the organization. Ranallo should pay up though haha

I do feel that Thacker got a raw deal, and I am not averse to making a small donation, but I do want some evidence this is legit and not someone just trying to cash in on Thacker's misfortune.

One for Junie Browning
One for War Machine

Junie Browning and War Machine were both assholes. Now, we can go into whether it's due to their upbringing or whatever, but who cares? At least Thacker seemed like a nice guy. He didn't go around with a chip on his shoulder, bullying people and acting out. Probably if he had a little bit more meanness he would have had a better chance of being a successful fighter. I wouldn't give a dime to War Machine or Browning, but I would give something to Thacker.

Me too. Seems like a new trend.
The thing i don't really get is people in the thread saying i hope he gets a lot, etc.
How about getting a job?

How about reading the article. He takes care of 3 family members.

Immature greedy ass people don't want someone, they don't even fucking know, to get some help

Immature greedy ass people don't want someone, they don't even fucking know, to get some help

hqdefault.jpg

Typical childish reply. Bet you fit in real well here.

You're ultra serious bro.
That's not good for your health.
Lighten up.

We all got issues. There are a lot of parents with dying kids etc trying to make ends meet.

If you look at my posts you will see that i don't specifically target this guy (although i don't like what he's doing) but take issue with this new trend.

If you pay attention to the article, you'll also notice that he's a 39 year old who never really had any stable employment. This was prior to TUF as well, something he went into at 28 years old.

He was born into a likely shitty family situation, but let's not act like thousands of people don't rise above that. Also, let's not act like the UFC somehow ruined his life. Prior to it, he didn't have anything going for him. I don't give a shit if people want to donate to him, but I find it a little ridiculous that people would choose to donate to him over many others FAR more deserving.

If you look at my posts you will see that i don't specifically target this guy (although i don't like what he's doing) but take issue with this new trend.

That's just it "he" isn't doing anything it's some random kid from Twitter doing it lol. People here are all in an emotional uproar because Thacker got bullied went on meds,his family's sick, & he lives like a ton of other rural Canadian heads all super modestly oh & he wears a heavy beard lol.

In Jason's situation, taking care of parents and another brother that has medical problems. That's a big chunk of his daily life. Jobs are not hard to come by in BC but in his area, I doubt it. Small community, unless they start building Walmarts in the area. He can easily move to the city district and become a Janitor, truck driver, garbage collector...But honestly Jason needs someone by his side to get through all of this...

Its likely his mental and social issues that are preventing him from getting a job, not his situation. If I recall he didn't have a job before the show either.

that article was sad as shit....

I could've swore someone on here stated that B.J. Penn was gonna be the next UFC fighter to setup a GoFundMe page. Thacker needs to move to the back of the line.

Back