• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

All those questioning the quick tap, have you ever been guillotined yourself?

I figure a thread about the dangers of the guillotine choke wouldn't be complete without this:

[YT]p5Gmn3YDxJo[/YT]

that guy has amazing neck flexibility without cracking the vertebrae:icon_chee

you realize its really hard to figure out if your going to sleep ,
It's probably safer to tap while you feel your not in danger,
because when your in danger, you can't think clearly anymore...

So your argument is that Cain tapped while not in danger because he may have been in danger soon?

It was very painful. In a tournament got put to sleep by a guillotine in like 6 seconds. Although I was never super gassed and took 20 punches to the head before that.

Its alot easier to fight for a while if your arent gassed and rocked like Slyvia and Cain. Mitriones looked very painful with the fist in the throat and he was definitely done. I mean the guy tapped with two hands

I think he preferred to be submitted than KO'd.

So your argument is that Cain tapped while not in danger because he may have been in danger soon?

the problem is if your thinking clearly, your not in danger of going to sleep.
If your in danger, that blood vessel is about to put you to sleep and your not thinking
clearly.

It's not like an arm bar where you can think with a clear head.

One has to decide if the blood seems to be cut off or things look black and blurry
and tap, one has but a few seconds to make the decision before going to sleep.

nah it was tight and painful, you can see his neck stretched as well

the problem is if your thinking clearly, your not in danger of going to sleep.
If your in danger, that blood vessel is about to put you to sleep and your not thinking
clearly.

It's not like an arm bar where you can think with a clear head.

One has to decide if the blood seems to be cut off or things look black and blurry
and tap, one has but a few seconds to make the decision before going to sleep.

Like I said earlier we won't know how deep it was though. Maybe a fresh Cain who wasn't beaten up and gassed could have found some wiggle room Maybe not matter what he was not getting out of it.

Training a the U I've been on the mats with the very best in bjj so yeah, I've been guillotined a few times in the Las decade. I think Cain tapped as quick as he did because he has no bjj skills at all and hasn't done the drills necessary to make him not spaz like he did. Good thing he has that fake black belt, not earning it probably gave him some false confidence in there he might not have had otherwise.

From what I remember though the rumble tap was some one clearly just giving up

Training a the U I've been on the mats with the very best in bjj so yeah, I've been guillotined a few times in the Las decade. I think Cain tapped as quick as he did because he has no bjj skills at all and hasn't done the drills necessary to make him not spaz like he did. Good thing he has that fake black belt, not earning it probably gave him some false confidence in there he might not have had otherwise.

You should know not all black belts are equal

Like I said earlier we won't know how deep it was though. Maybe a fresh Cain who wasn't beaten up and gassed could have found some wiggle room Maybe not matter what he was not getting out of it.

There is no magic moment when your 100% sure, its correct to tap,
things happen in seconds in a fight.

Especially around the neck area.

Usually, a choke hold like that is survivable, if you have bit of wiggle room and slip
you hand inside to create some space...

All I know is that Jones arm was basically destroyed by vitor but he refused to give up his title by tapping out and fought with everything he had to get out of it and go on to win the fight

All I know is that Jones arm was basically destroyed by vitor but he refused to give up his title by tapping out and fought with everything he had to get out of it and go on to win the fight

arm bar and having someone cut off the blood to your brain are 2 different situations..
as the brain cannot think clearly after certain point.

I see all these clowns talking about how Cain wanted out of the fight and tapped too quick.

Have any of you critics ever had a guy lock a tight guillotine on you? You start blacking out pretty damn quick. Not to mention the cranking on your neck can be quite painful.

While I see alot of fighters that should have their hearts questioned, I think it is a bit ridiculous to question Cain's heart. The guy was concussed and went for a takedown and f*cked it up. As soon as the choke is applied, Cain (and anyone else who has ever been in that position) knew he had no chance to escape. So the quick tap.

They probably have not. Werdum had it in tight on Cain and Werdum knew it if you looked at his face. Another 4-5 seconds and Cain most likely was going to take a nap.

It was super deep you could tell it was over long before it even hit the mat. The whole thing almost happened in slow motion. On the mat he was stretching his hips out so far and he is taller than Velasquez which multiplies the effect.

Cain was exhausted. Maybe he would have found a way to stay more composed if he had been fresh. But Werdum is a bjj master and that choke damn sure looked tight.

Another qualty post from TusculumPioneer :rolleyes:

Back