All those questioning the quick tap, have you ever been guillotined yourself?

People are questioning the fast tap? This forum has become the epicenter of idiocy

It's trying to predict the exact point at which you doze off
going to sleep. You can't be alert enough if your brain is about
to fall asleep, so you can't make a perfect decision at the
right point in time to tap.

So you have to tap earlier when you decide your in hopeless headlock
when you can think clearly.

Well no one besides Cain knows how tight the choke was or how close he was to going out.

Werdum knew and most people who've rolled had a pretty good guess

SOURCE: Werdum's mile-wide smile

I see all these clowns talking about how Cain wanted out of the fight and tapped too quick.

Have any of you critics ever had a guy lock a tight guillotine on you? You start blacking out pretty damn quick. Not to mention the cranking on your neck can be quite painful.

While I see alot of fighters that should have their hearts questioned, I think it is a bit ridiculous to question Cain's heart. The guy was concussed and went for a takedown and f*cked it up. As soon as the choke is applied, Cain (and anyone else who has ever been in that position) knew he had no chance to escape. So the quick tap.

TS summed it up perfectly.

The overwhelming majority of Sherdoggers that say 'Cain tapped too quick!' have never had a single day of BJJ training in their lives.

What can you expect from a bunch of fatasses drinking beer and eating hamburgers?

They would quit after running 300 meters, however they bash professional fighters for tapping out to a choke by a world class BJJ fighter.

What can you expect from a bunch of fatasses drinking beer and eating hamburgers?

They would quit after running 300 meters, however they bash professional fighters for tapping out to a choke by a world class BJJ fighter.

the problem is when the blood supply gets caught off,that is when you start feeling better,
you feel less pain around your neck...but that is the point where you go unconscious...
and will refuse to tap...

arm bar and having someone cut off the blood to your brain are 2 different situations..
as the brain cannot think clearly after certain point.

You're right......an arm bar can break your arm and wreck your career forever. A choke can make you go to sleep but the next day you're fine, big difference.

You're right......an arm bar can break your arm and wreck your career forever. A choke can make you go to sleep but the next day you're fine, big difference.

yeah right, having the blood supply cut off to your brain is no big deal,

Let the ref make sure your out by waiting 1 minute...:eek:

It's possible to keep fighting after your arm is broken.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to keep fighting after you are choked unconscious. When a guy locks in choke you know you can't get out of, you tap. Why embarrass yourself by getting put to sleep? There is no shame in tapping so you can stay awake and congratulate the guy that beat you. It's certainly the more sportsmanlike move.

i train in mma and ji jitzu when im tired of perfecting my standup kickboxing which is the best one and i never tap like that, i would rather go to sleep than tap I aint no bitch. if its an armbar or leglock im going to tap because i dont want a injury but not tapping to no guillotine

Guillotines are usually an air choke. That means that it works by blocking the trachea rather than the carotid artery, like a rear-naked choke, for example.

Air chokes include the guillotine, bar-arm choke, and the gogoplata. They are very painful and also more dangerous because your windpipe can be crushed.

Most chokes in MMA are actually strangleholds, known commonly as blood chokes. RNC, triangle, arm triangle, d'arce etc. are all blood chokes. They don't prevent breathing but they block the flow of blood to the brain.

So a properly applied guillotine should elicit a very quick tap. The Fedor choke on Sylvia is actually technically a bar-arm choke, not an RNC

guilltone is probably fastest sub to put someone unconcious and its also very painful.

You should not tap quickly to a shitty guillotine. You should tap quickly to a good one. Guess which kind most Mundials winners have?

I think TS should probably observe how far forward Werdum was able to angle Cain's head.

Never mind, TS. I see you were defending the tap.

Werdum had a smile on his face as soon as he got it. That should be pretty telling.

He also told Ariel that as soon as he got it he could tell Cain was done by listening to his (lack of) breathing.

[YT]caEWaIhYs9Q[/YT]

Why would I use myself as the measuring stick when criticizing a fighter's heart? If a fighter has as much heart and would tap as quickly as I would then he's not much of a fighter at all. That's such a stupid argument. It's like saying "have you ever tried running 100 m in 11 seconds? It's hard!" No shit Sherlock, 100 m in 11 seconds is an amazing time for the average guy, still doesn't change the fact that it's absolutely crap for sprinters competing on the international stage.

Sometimes, if the choke isn't in the perfect spot, I can fight it off for quite a bit. Other times, if the choke is in just the right spot, I start to pass out immediately and have to tap just as quickly.

this

Back