• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LMAO @ anyone that thinks Conor has anything for the big boys @ LW.

Well people think he can beat aldo which is even more crazy because aldo would run through lw

Actually, the same can be said of Aldo, in my opinion. It used to be fashionable around here to think Aldo could go up and win the LW title any time he pleased but for some odd reason he never did. Instead he and Conor will go through hell on earth to make FW. Gee, I wonder why that is?

Ahh another poster who doesn't like Aldo because no reason. You've been following MMA since at least 2006 and so you know Aldo beat the former Light Weight UFC champion. Piss off guy.

If he were able to get to the proper size he would still have issues in general the fighters at Lw do not make good matches for Conor stylistically.
Lets just see if he can get he belt first.

Yeah man, Barboza is a beast. But Conor has insane pressure. Whoever dicatates the pace in that fight wins it.

Barboza is awful if he can't maintain the right range.

Not several times before, no. I thought he'd beat all his prior opponents except Dustin but I didn't think Dustin would dominate. Conor is legit yes, I just think Barboza has way too much... So fast for his size.

Interesting need to watch more of Edson, he has some great kicks ive seen that but he got beaten by MJ quite dominantly and I think Felder did pretty well in there, so it really is hard for me to see him stopping Conor.

there is no maybe about it, guys like barboza, felder, cerrone etc are all much bigger and have great leg reach. Those guys are all around 6 foot with decent frames and strong.

Think were all missing the point here its been alluded too a couple of times already, all of these guys are cutting, wouldnt it just be most of the FW division in the LW division if the IV ban goes through?

I think its pretty obvious the fighters are going to find a way to cut and everyone stays where they are for now anyway.

You do realise Frankie was the LW champ basically on the basis that he had good timing and movement.

Conor has far FAR superior boxing than both Barboza and Felder. Both guys are great kickers but McGregor catches Felder for sure and puts a pace on Barboza he can't keep up with. Barboza hates being pressured and Felder leaves too many openings.

Great fighter though.

Frankie actually has great wrestling so he wasn't worried about being bullied and was able to use his small size to his advantage (speed). This is not the case with Conor as he isn't faster than guys like Pettis/RDA and his wrestling isn't very strong. Terrible point.

Barboza and Felder are just barely top10 guys, if not slightly out of the top10 and these are some of the only guys without strong wrestling games at LW (even Barboza is getting pretty decent at TDs).

I don't see CM breaking the top5 at LW.

After the mendes fight conor is legit at fw in my eyes and cannot wait for him vs aldo. With that said, I just don't see him getting through the lw division. Cowboy and Pettis would be entertaining fights where he would have a shot. Rda, benson and khabib would grind him out or finish him on the ground. Then you have guys like mj and ferguson who are just as good on the feet and better rounded overall.

lol first it was a top 10 fighter. Then it was a top 5 fighter. Then it was a wrestler. Now the haters are skipping Aldo because they know Conor will beat him and they have come up with the "he cant beat a LW" talk. Next is he cant beat a WW. And so on and so on.

Conor is the best striker in the UFC period.

You're the kind of mark that used car salesmen pray walks onto their lots.

Not unless they're talking about themselves. His evidence was "Chael Sonnen said it so it must be true."

Are you gonna believe Chael over Conor...who's more likely to know what Conor weighs?

Ha ha! 'Trust me guys, I'm definitely right this time!'

Conor haters are the best.

He'd have virtually no reach advantage, height advantage, power advantage, striking skill advantage, he has shotty defense, and the grapplers would maul rape him.

actually he has the reach of a long WW so yea he would still have a considerable reach on guys

you're right on the height as for power that's debatable after all he is knocking guys out in a dehydrated state imagine how well he would do if he wasn't so drained just look at Porier for example since bursting on the LW scene all his wins were via k.o

You know a fighter has arrived when their detractors start fantasizing about them moving up to fight heavier opponents. See also Rousey, Ronda and Jones, Jon.

Ahh another poster who doesn't like Aldo because no reason. You've been following MMA since at least 2006 and so you know Aldo beat the former Light Weight UFC champion. Piss off guy.

I never said I didn't like Aldo. I'm simply realistic, unlike nuthuggers like you. He's beaten a former LW champ who everyone said was too small for LW. At least Edgar had the balls to fight at LW without worrying about size. That's more than Aldo or McGregor can say. Why else hasn't Aldo moved up then, genius? Why would he keep putting himself through the hell of making weight at FW if he can easily beat all the LW's as well?

Could it possibly be because he's looking for a size advantage and that's why he continues to cut so much weight? Noooooo. It's only why all fighters cut to lower weight classes in the first place. To gain an advantage.

You know a fighter has arrived when their detractors start fantasizing about them moving up to fight heavier opponents. See also Rousey, Ronda and Jones, Jon.

Those two have basically cleared a division.
Conor does not have the belt.

Those two have basically cleared a division.
Conor does not have the belt.

1. Er, so? What does that have to do with the comparison I was making?
2. Conor does have apiece of the belt. I saw it with my own eyes.

Back