• Larry Nance

• Jason Richardson

• Dominque Wilkins

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well if we want to go that route

[YT]0LBxmuNJk8o[/YT]

And this was prime Kooby, the year prior to him winning his MVP lol

LMAO @ a single 40 pt game being impressive to us on any level.

You think 40 is a good game?

True scored 40 nine (9) TIMES IN A ROW.

LMAO

didn't watch that clip, but the best part is it's stuck on Wade shooting a FT, go figure

Wad career vs Kooby: 24/4/7 on .448% with 1.9 spg and 1.1 bpg

Not bad for a guy who came into the league vs a guy who was already in his 8th season

I rank Kooby higher all-time (due to his durability/longevity) but the gap between the two as actual players on the court isn't close to what Koobytards seem to think it is. Fact is Wad has had multiple seasons superior to Kooby's

but the gap between the two as actual players on the court isn't close to what Koobytards seem to think it is.

Uh one guy scored 81 points in a single game/outscored an NBA TEAM by himself through 3 quarters while the other got wheelchaired off the floor due to minor shoulder pain.

I think we'll go with True here.

Uh one guy scored 81 points in a single game/outscored an NBA TEAM by himself through 3 quarters while the other got wheelchaired off the floor due to minor shoulder pain.

I think we'll go with True here.

Well except for the fact that Wad bests Kooby in literally every career stat other than FT/3pt% and ppg. Thy're separated by 0.4 rpg and Kooby averages slightly less TOs (because while Wad is a playmaker who runs offense for his teammates, Kooby is a chucker who really isn't all that concerned with making plays for others)

And I doubt you even want to get into the advanced stats. But I will anyways

Kooby career PER: 23.2
Wad career PER: 25.0

Kooby career offensive rating: 111
Wad career offensive rating: 111

Kooby career defensive rating: 105
Wad career defensive rating: 104

Kooby career WS/48: .178
Wad career WS/48: .185

EXPOSED

giphy.gif

Vince Carter. This isn't even a discussion.

lol @ the 4 votes for Kobe.

Vince Carter. This isn't even a discussion.

lol @ the 4 votes for Kobe.
Kobe has some of the nastiest dunks I've ever seen in game. People forget about it. It's really pretty disgraceful how poorly YouTube has done with this. You'd think a superstar like Kobe would get the proper coverage, but if you don't believe me, then watch this goodie:
http://www.amazon.com/The-NBAs-100-Greatest-Plays/dp/B0000C8ANY

Seriously. The best dunks I've ever seen from Kobe are in here, and yet, whenever ESPN or some YouTuber makes a highlight vid of his best dunks, they're never in there.

Kobe was a dunking God. We forget that since he didn't lose speed due to his technical virtuosity as he has aged the way we notice it when players who rely more on their athleticism suddenly disappear statistically, too.

Well except for the fact that Wad bests Kooby in literally every career stat other than FT/3pt% and ppg.

Listed a bunch of stats that nobody really cares about. The real stats:

RINGS

True: 5
Wad: 3*

*carried to 2 of them

FMVPS:

Wad: 1*

*rigged finals

81 pt games

True: 1
Wad: LMAO!

Times out scored another team through 3 quarters

50 Pt games

Wad: 3 (LMAO!)

True scored 50+ points 4 Games IN A ROW

LOL!

I didn't forget him; he was on my mind when I wrote that, but I've always sort of stopped mentally classifying guys as "little men" when they hit 6'4" where they listed Westbrook for years. 6'4" and you stop being a "little man" to me. Of course this is arbitrarily defined with an eye to the NBA average heights, but it's also because you'd open the floodgates (guys like Barkley are now "little man dunkers" as he attested his true height to be 6'4" in his own autobiography).

The league average has held pretty steady at 6'7" for years (and that figure is an average for the inflated "with shoes" figures which adds about 1.5" on average). The average for a shooting guard in 2015 was right at 6'4". Westbrook's pre-draft measurements put him at 6'2.5" without shoes; the problem is that we only have measurements like this going back a little over a decade. Monta Ellis is pushing it himself. He was measured only a quarter inch shorter than that without shoes, so there's probably little genuine difference between him and Westbrook, but shit like that is just what happens when you set an arbitrary cutoff.

And arbitrary cutoffs are arbitrary enough even when you have a consistent data set. They listed Westbrook at 6'4" for years, and as is tradition, he shrinks. Now they have him at 6'3". Another guy that popped in the feed when I double-checked on the current official listing to see if the shrinking phenomenon did indeed occur was Steven Nash who was also listed at 6'3" during his career. Nash was considerably shorter & smaller than Westbrook (not even to mention Westbrook's very long arms which put his average standing reach more than an inch above the NBA average of those with the same height).

It's not I mind his inclusion, but it's tough to try to maintain a clean mental space when the NBA just runs willy-nilly with their height statistics. Thank God for transparency of Pre-Draft measurements in the contemporary era. Gonna put all this nonsense to bed.

Regardless of how big you think Godbrook is, he's a PG who dunks on fools. If you want an arbitrary cutoff of 6'4, Monta Ellis still has nothing on Rose or Bledsoe. He's not even as good as real little guys like Will Bynum and Jeff Teague.

Shannon Brown was one of the best in game dunkers too. He wasn't a very good player, but could get up there and throw it down.

Listed a bunch of stats that nobody really cares about. The real stats:

RINGS

Wad: 3*

*carried to 2 of them

FMVPS:

Wad: 1*

*rigged finals

81 pt games

Times out scored another team through 3 quarters

50 Pt games

Wad: 3 (LMAO!)

True scored 50+ points 4 Games IN A ROW

LOL!

bonus destruction: http://gfycat.com/MisguidedQuarterlyKarakul

9552999378_fc798f3e1f_o.gif

Regardless of how big you think Godbrook is, he's a PG who dunks on fools. If you want an arbitrary cutoff of 6'4, Monta Ellis still has nothing on Rose or Bledsoe. He's not even as good as real little guys like Will Bynum and Jeff Teague.

Shannon Brown was one of the best in game dunkers too. He wasn't a very good player, but could get up there and throw it down.

Magic Johnson was a PG who dunked on opponents. I don't care about the position. That doesn't mean anything. That's why I focus on the height. And, as I said, anytime you set off an arbitrary cutoff in your head you are going to inevitably get some arbitrary divisions that don't make sense. Think of statutory rape.

Bledsoe was the other guy I was thinking of mentioning. It would be interesting to see a videographic highlight debate/comparison. I almost mentioned him in my first post in the thread. As for Rose, I don't think I'd agree, and it's been so long since Rose has been truly healthy that I almost forget how aggressive he was that MVP season. But Monta hasn't been his primordial self in several years, either.

Westbrook has always looked considerably bigger on the floor-- just eyeballing it-- than any of these guys to me.

another contender..

it's getting tough for me to decide now on the greatest dunker of all time. ebled, king rex, DA, sky walker.

probably have to go with rex since he revolutionized dunking. shit was mind blowing back in 86'. especially from a 6'3 pale skin

tumblr_lziaj4P4OL1qzbbbgo1_400.gif

robbed in 91 because they were scared of the damage a white winning would do to the league's image

the first and still to this day the only white dunker there's ever been with any style, truly king (of all dunkers) rex.

Back