UFC Boxing Edition Version 3

Rob's probably stoked a Diaz bro finally won a fight again. Nate looked great last night. Still can't believe he was +400. MJ's a beast but Nate actually packed on a bit of muscle and you could tell he was extra motivated coming in. Everybody's getting their ass kicked by RDA these days so you can ignore that last loss. All signs pointed to this being a primarily stand up fight, and it probably would be competitive.

I'm glad he showed he still has a lot left, I always had faith in him and his ability but the last few years have been tough. He showed up to the RDA fight injured and out of shape, still did better than Pettis and Cowboy though lol. Nate is a top 5 LW when he is on his game, in shape and motivated. Last night was a huge win for him, opens up a lot of potential match ups. Nate was really crisp last night, clowning Michael Johnson and embarrassing him on national tv.

Still think Conor struggles with a feisty little wrassling fucker like Frankie but starching Aldo was pretty impressive.
There are a few different styles that can beat Conor, but he is elite there is no denying it anymore.

As far as pure entertainment value goes, Conor vs Nate Diaz is the fight to make.

Still think Conor struggles with a feisty little wrassling fucker like Frankie but starching Aldo was pretty impressive.

Edgar is a bad matchup for Conor but Conor will have a lot more reach than him, would be interesting to see how much that affects things.

As far as pure entertainment value goes, Conor vs Nate Diaz is the fight to make.

The fight would be insane, the build up, the fight, everything. Doesn't make sense though really right now, I wanna see Nate get another big win or two and then see him fight for the belt or a big fight like that.

Edgar is a bad matchup for Conor but Conor will have a lot more reach than him, would be interesting to see how much that affects things.

Level change negates a lot of that. Conor would be on his back A LOT in that fight. Frankie can pass guard, do damage and submit you from top too.

RDA is a monster, it's crazy how much better that dude has gotten in the past 5 years. He started 0-2 in the UFC which is nuts. Cowboy being a slow starter cost him again. I can't prove it, but I think that surgery he had on his stomach made him weak to the body, he doesn't react well to the body. Khabib will be the champ at 155 when he gets healthy, there is no one at that weight that can stop him from doing what he wants to do imo.

Chris Algieri should just come in there and 2 piece Conors ass and get that inferior belt.
That is actually a great suggestion ,
Easy money but Zuffa llc wouldn't allow the cash cow get exposed by yet another boxer

Chris Algieri should just come in there and 2 piece Conors ass and get that inferior belt.

Algieri is incapable of fighting inside the cage, u goof.

As long as Conor fights one of Edgar or RDA, I'm fine with it. If he goes up and fights Nate Diaz for no particular reason, I'd be less fine with it (that would be a fun fight, but it can be made after he fights Edgar or RDA).
I think he will fight Edgar, just a hunch. Probably do it in Ireland at Croke Park, 80-90K people, would be a huge event.

Conor could never make it to getting dropped 6 times by Pacquiao like Algieri. He would be KOd by the 2nd KD.

Based on what I've seen, Conor's chin is much better than Algieri's. Dude got KO'd by a nobody in kickboxing.

Based on what I've seen, Conor's chin is much better than Algieri's. Dude got KO'd by a nobody in kickboxing.

"nobodies" can have devastating punching power too. So I dont think the lesser name itself necessarily devalues the KO loss/chin thing

Just a thought. Haven't seen the fight where he got KO'd though and I dont know the opponent who did it

"nobodies" can have devastating punching power too. So I dont think the lesser name itself necessarily devalues the KO loss/chin thing

Just a thought. Haven't seen the fight where he got KO'd though and I dont know the opponent who did it

I'm not saying they can't have power, but if you're as skilled as he is you shouldn't get caught with a shot like that. Combat sports anything can happen though. From what I remember it was a check hook he didn't see.

Im sayin that Algieri could beat Conor in an MMA fight. You mentioned their chin and that's when i pointed out that Conor wouldn't have had the grace and fortitude to get dropped 6 times like Algieri. Conor would've been dropped once and done.
Point. Algieri.

He COULD win an mma fight, anything can happen. I wouldn't favor him to do so against someone like Conor who trains mma as compared to someone who only trains boxing. I didn't bring up the chin, you did by saying he wouldn't have even made it to 6 knockdowns. I've seen Algieri get starched with 8-10oz gloves on. Conor eats 4 oz glove strikes for breakfast.

Back