What's your favorite reality-based modern war film?

What's your favorite reality-based modern war film?

• Black Hawk Down

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • Hotel Rwanda

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • The Hurt Locker

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Zero Dark Thirty

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Lone Survivor

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • American Sniper

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Jarhead

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
There are some really good ones. I have yet to see 13 Hours.

tumblr_n8j1134NJM1rarngto1_400.gif

I did not know Hotel Rwanda is an action movie. I thought it was just a drama about an African guy.

I did not know Hotel Rwanda is an action movie. I thought it was just a drama about an African guy.

Although it does focus on Paul Rusesabagina's story, it is definitely a "war movie" and does have some action sequences. Have you seen it?

BHD is one of the GOAT movies period end of story

Black Hawk Down is significantly better than any of those films. The rest of those are mediocre.

Black Hawk Down is significantly better than any of those films. The rest of those are mediocre.

I love Black Hawk Down but American Sniper, Hotel Rwanda, and Zero Dark Thirty are anything but mediocre. Lone Survivor lags only a little behind. I have not seen The Hurt Locker or 13 Hours yet, so can't judge those.

Starship Troopers

I love Black Hawk Down but American Sniper, Hotel Rwanda, and Zero Dark Thirty are anything but mediocre. Lone Survivor lags only a little behind. I have not seen The Hurt Locker or 13 Hours yet, so can't judge those.

If you thought American Sniper and Zero Dark Thirty were anything above mediocre, you'll probably like Hurt Locker.

Since Hotel Rwanda is on the list, Rwanda easily

Just recommending it to someone the other night

Anything but American Sniper, that was the worst war related movie ever made.

Anything but American Sniper, that was the worst war related movie ever made.
I think it captured the difficulty of what troops were trying to do over there pretty well and made it clear why Fallujah became such a mess for the Marines.

Well, I haven't seen any of these movies. Does "We Were Soldiers" count? That movie doesn't get enough love imo.

Well, I haven't seen any of these movies. Does "We Were Soldiers" count? That movie doesn't get enough love imo.
It was a reality-based movie, and while my poll only includes movies about conflicts that have occured since the 90's, modern warfare is typically considered to be anything since WWII. So, you might be an "other" option guy.

It was a reality-based movie, and while my poll only includes movies about conflicts that have occured since the 90's, modern warfare is typically considered to be anything since WWII. So, you might be an "other" option guy.

Ok thats where I was mixed up. I couldn't tell if you meant modern in regards to the film or conflict depicted in the film.

I've only seen The Hurt Locker and Black Hawk Down. Both were damn good, but The Hurt Locker really stuck in my head for a long time, so I vote that.

Back