What's your favorite reality-based modern war film?

What's your favorite reality-based modern war film?

• Black Hawk Down

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • Hotel Rwanda

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • The Hurt Locker

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Zero Dark Thirty

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Lone Survivor

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • American Sniper

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Jarhead

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
The Hurt Locker was great, Zero Dark Thirty sucked major balls though

There are some really good ones. I have yet to see 13 Hours.

tumblr_n8j1134NJM1rarngto1_400.gif

That scene was intense. The Rangers having to run out, exhausted, after being under fire for hours and hours. Their breath echoing, no other sounds.

That scene was intense. The Rangers having to run out, exhausted, after being under fire for hours and hours. Their breath echoing, no other sounds.
Not to mention many of them were out of ammunition. I don't know if the movie did a good enough job depicting how that happened in real life.

1. Black Hawk Down
2. Zero Dark Thirty
3. The Hurt Locker

I heard 13 hours was trash but I still want to check it out. Also curious to see Krasinski in an action role.

Black Hawk Down is so good, too real to enjoy though... Hamburger Hill is good too.

Black hawk down is the GOAT war movie and it's not even close.

Not to mention many of them were out of ammunition. I don't know if the movie did a good enough job depicting how that happened in real life.

And that's not even mentioning the crazy scene in which the Delta Force snipers drop in to try and defend that downed chopper. That never fails to give me chills.

BHD even though it supposedly has many inaccuracies. Also, Ewan McGregor's character was reportedly a pedophile.

Not really my thing but I guess Jarhead

I voted Black Hawk Down, but I prefer Jarhead to any of those. And the series Generation Kill to that again. The only reason that isn't a shoe in is that it's a series instead of a movie.

Starship Troopers

Not to derail things here, but I hate that movie with a passion. Big Heinlein fan here, and it's one of my favorite books. The movie could have been so much better if it stayed a bit closer to the book in some ways, especially using the power armor and something approaching actual intelligent tactics. I understand why some might like it, but it's not my cup of tea.

On topic, I've got American Sniper first, but there's a good number of worthy films on that list.

Hurt Locker was about as realistic as one of those Chinese cartoons about robot fighting.

Black Hawk Down is significantly better than any of those films. The rest of those are mediocre.
I saw it in theaters ,the gunfire was intense on the speakers.

Back