Rda possibly injured and out of mcgoat fight

juza4CO.gif

What a shitty way to start my day .. fekkkkkkkkk! :mad:

Conor isn't any other fighter though.

Yes he is. He is not groundbreaking in any way. His game is not as complete as real GOAT contenders, other fighters have sold more PPV's such as GSP and Brock, there is nothing new McGregor brings to the table that other fighters in the past have not already done. In fact he has had special treatment to get there since most champions that even thought of moving up in weight were told they would have to surrender their belt.

As much as I despise Connor, having him fight Cerrone is a complete waste. I'm convinced he would destroy Cerrone, and further feed into his own hype train.

El Cucuy for an Interim Title. The only thing that can salvage this.

Yes he is. He is not groundbreaking in any way. His game is not as complete as real GOAT contenders, other fighters have sold more PPV's such as GSP and Brock, there is nothing new McGregor brings to the table that other fighters in the past have not already done. In fact he has had special treatment to get there since most champions that even thought of moving up in weight were told they would have to surrender their belt.

Nice post but you're wrong.

If Frankie's such a tough guy let him move back up to his former weight class and replace RDA against Conor.

Or let's see Mr. Title-Fight-Or-McGregor, Jose Aldo, step up and replace RDA at 155.

I won't be holding my breath over either man being willing to walk into that lion's den.

Even if Aldo took the fight at 155, McGregor's not going to fight unless it's for a belt - that's why he got the interim 145 belt. When Aldo pulled out, Conor told Dana that he would not fight unless they created an interim belt.

No way in hell Dana is going to offer up an interim title shot @ 155 for Aldo, Diaz, or Cerrone.

Conor won't be fighting.

Nice post but you're wrong.

Nice argument. Other fighters have sold more PPV's, other fighters have had a more complete game, exactly what is McGregor doing that is ground breaking? Taking a free shot at 155 when he doesn't even have to give up his 145 belt to do it? Yea, so groundbreaking.

You missed the point. The 145 division is on hold right now because McGregor is fucking around trying to fight at 155. If this was any other fighter you guys would be bitching about what bullshit it is.
Its amazing how offended fans get when you simply suggest the 145 pound champ defend his belt.

That would be awesome but Aldo doesn't have time to put on the weight to make the fight. El CooCoo and Khabib are already booked, so the choices are limited. Cerrone might take the fight for the money but its brings up the interesting fact that McGregor keeps getting to fight these contenders on 2 weeks notice. Mendes, and now maybe Cerrone. McGregor gets full camp of training, the guy that steps in gets a couple weeks to show up. People will argue that it doesn't make a difference since McGregor was training for a different fighter but the truth is full camp > 2 weeks notice no matter how you slice it. So McGregor probably continues to look impressive while fighting guys that get short notice to step in.

You do realise that McGregor is not the cause of these 2 week opponents right? That someone is pulling out of the fight against McGregor and he's willing to risk his title shots to take on a different opponent?

This shouldn't be about McGregor getting short notice fighters. It should be about fair f*cks to him for taking on these opponents, many other fighters dont.

You are too defensive. I openly will tell you I hate McGregor but he has a great straight left hand. Beating guys on 2 weeks notice doesn't do it for me though. He beat Mendes on 3 weeks notice and now lets say he beats Cerrone on 2 weeks notice. That means 2 of his last 3 fights were against guys who had no training camp. It is not compelling in any way.

Also, Cowboy just had a fight 2 days ago, so he has had a training camp.

Brazilians must hate Red Panty Nights.:)

Lol come on dude, Conor is one most incredible fighters to be in the UFC ever. He has taken on everyone who sherdog was convinced would utterly dominate him. He is risking his own legacy by taking on guys who he doesn't even need to fight. You're literally complaining about excellence. Your mad that we are seeing a super fight instead of a normal title fight. I really just don't get it. You're right, average everyday fights are put on hold for sheer fucking excellence and for a grand display of warrior spirit we haven't seen for a long time, probably since BJ Penn years ago took on all fighters. Conor is among the few elite fighters who take on the best fights and completely disregard fear.

Lol come on dude, Conor is one most incredible fighters to be in the UFC ever. He has taken on everyone who sherdog was convinced would utterly dominate him. He is risking his own legacy by taking on guys who he doesn't even need to fight. You're literally complaining about excellence. Your mad that we are seeing a super fight instead of a normal title fight. I really just don't get it. You're right, average everyday fights are put on hold for sheer fucking excellence and for a grand display of warrior spirit we haven't seen for a long time, probably since BJ Penn years ago took on all fighters. Conor is among the few elite fighters who take on the best fights and completely disregard fear.

I agree and cannot comprehend how this guy believes what he is saying. He must have never watched a McGregor fight / interview, it's the only explanation.

While I would love to see Diaz, Cerrone or Aldo step in, if I were McGregor's manager I would pull him from the Card.

Too much at Risk in terms of momentum.

If anything goes ahead, I expect Cerrone to get the fight based on his past performance in big/title fights.

lol @ the Conor fan boys saying RDA ducked, Anjos would whopp ya boy he was 100 percent.

Special treatment, haha. If you perform, both on the mic and in the ring, you get promoted quickly up the ranks. It's not that hard to understand. You truly show your ignorance when you say he is no different than any other fighter. He is the main reason for the UFC monetary success last year.

How many UFC fights did it take gsp to get to the same PPV buys as Conor has had the last two events? gsp has less gate value compared to Conor iver those events. I'll give you that lesnar was an amazing PPV buy but his gate numbers pale in comparison as well. Also, his in the ring performance hardly lived up to they hype. A main part of his PPV draw involved crossover WWE fans.

Only rousey v holm is close in gate numbers and they had 40,000 more butts in the seats to help get to their number.

Sure, gsp was a better overall MMA artist. He is one of my favorites. But he lacked knockout power excitement in the end of his career, and he certainly did not deliver in the media promotional aspect of the fight game. Aldo and silva are also great MMA artists, but they lacked a connection with American fans and with preflight promotions.

Mcgregor set out a plan two get two belts and defend both twice per year, more than the majority of UFC champions. You act like mcgregor is the one that got hurt and is holding up the division. Does this suck for Frankie? Yea, but he will get his shot before the year is over. You act like this is a Cain situation and we are going to go 12+ months before a title defense. It may still even happen at UFC 200 as was originally planned. Especially if mcgregor were to lose on March 5th.

Back