Rda possibly injured and out of mcgoat fight

So fuckin bummed out. And of course it had to be Kenny Florian to break the news..

And I know what the typical response to my above post will be. "Typical WWE fan" or "typical casual fan." In their opinion Conor never deserved a title shot, so he sure as hell doesn't deserve an interim title shot.

If the interim title doesn't mean anything, as they said after UFC 189, and it doesn't hurt dos anjos at all... Why not do it if its the only thing that keeps this card alive?

I feel bad for Frankie though. What is likely to happen is Conor wins interim title March 5th and fights RDA at UFC 200 now, pushing Frankie further back. Bad time for him to be injured right now. #stayready
And at his rate Aldo may never fight again if he is "waiting for Conor/RDA" to make his next move

Of course he pulled out... We knew it was going to be RDA if it was anyone.

RDA probably saw how big McGregor was getting and took another "break" to go get better.

People saying there was no hype are wrong and didn't watch the Cowboy fight night. RDA isn't Aldo, they were never going to do a world tour, but there was going to be hype leading into the final 2 weeks with all the media obligations.

I hope it's not Diaz, i like both of them.

This isnt a coincidence
You're likely right but man is it ever frustrating as a fan. Feels like I'm just excited to see Mcgregor fight at all because getting excited for the actual match up is a waste of time and leaves you dissapointed almost every time. I mean just look at how many guys have pulled out of fights with him since he beat Brimage. Almost literally every single fight this has happened. It just sucks so much more when it happens 2 weeks out.

You're likely right but man is it ever frustrating as a fan. Feels like I'm just excited to see Mcgregor fight at all because getting excited for the actual match up is a waste of time and leaves you dissapointed almost every time. I mean just look at how many guys have pulled out of fights with him since he beat Brimage. Almost literally every single fight this has happened. It just sucks so much more when it happens 2 weeks out.

Yes it does man i hope they still go ahead with a fight though instead of cancelling as that will piss Conor off even more but it doesnt matter who they put in front of him tbh

-the biggest pay day of RDA's career.
-the biggest fight of his career.
-would be a fight, never forgotten if he had won

and he blows it.

simply gutted

this fight was something I was so excited for. I cant express enough. While shoving my driveway for hours during the blizzard here NY winter, I would stop and think to myself : "well atleast I got the McGregor RDA fight to look forward too soon" lol

and now here we are.

Or better yet, lets not. I would have preferred to see the fight but I'm alright knowing that McGregor's 155 title aspirations just got derailed for a while. Make him go back to 145 for Frankie.
The guy just put on a load of mass to fight at 155, how about no.

The guy just put on a load of mass to fight at 155, how about no.

He's the 145 champion, he can't just hold up the division indefinitely. He has to defend the belt or surrender the belt. Frankie and Aldo are both waiting.

Fucking. Fucking shit fuck. Shitty ass shit fuck. Fuckiddity fuck hole fuck fucking fuck. FUCK

4803.gif

Four things would fix this for me:

Conor vs Robbie for the WW tittle.
Conor vs Wonderboy for the WW TE
Conor vs Edgar for the FW tittle.
Conor vs Nate just for the awesomeness

He's the 145 champion, he can't just hold up the division indefinitely. He has to defend the belt or surrender the belt. Frankie and Aldo are both waiting.

Frankie is hurt and aldo should honestly not get back in the cage this soon.

I have seen at least a dozen people say they think it will be Cerrone and I think those people all must be high. He isn't fighting Conor at 155 exactly 2 weeks after he fought at 170, come on!

Frankie is hurt and aldo should honestly not get back in the cage this soon.

You missed the point. The 145 division is on hold right now because McGregor is fucking around trying to fight at 155. If this was any other fighter you guys would be bitching about what bullshit it is.

You missed the point. The 145 division is on hold right now because McGregor is fucking around trying to fight at 155. If this was any other fighter you guys would be bitching about what bullshit it is.

Conor isn't any other fighter though.

Back