Rda possibly injured and out of mcgoat fight

People ask for super fights for years, we finally get one, and one fighter backs out and the guy that is there to show up and fight gets blamed for holding up a division and aspiring to a super fight. This is all while the fighter they want him to fight, Edgar, is injured himself. Intelligent argument.

Bro, a fighter can't put on the weight necessary to move up in 2-3 weeks. What you are asking for is that Frankie or Aldo fight McGregor at their normal weight of 145 when McGregor has spent a training camp putting on muscle to fight RDA at 155. Its asking way too much of any fighter to do something that stupid.

Neither guy has a fight scheduled so both of them are already walking around at well over 155 right now.

The reality is, asking them to cut to 155 on two weeks notice would be a lot more fair and reasonable than asking them to cut to 145 within two weeks.

Conor won't be fighting.

You don't understand McGregor.

Conor is a warrior who eats and sleeps the game. And he honors the fans who shell out their hard-earned cash for tickets and travel expenses.

He's not going to pull a Werdum and decide, now that RDA has pulled out, "Hey, guess what guys? I'm hurt, too. Let's reschedule."

And I'm confident McGregor will put a clinic on whichever highly compensated replacement sheep they decide to send in to the slaughter.

No.

That defies logic.

It isn't logical but it is more logical than creating an interim belt fight for a guy who hasn't fought at the weight class before and a guy who just got murked by the champion (Cowboy) or Nate Diaz.

Maybe they just have him fight one of those two with no belt, but I doubt that will be the case.

So if i'm picking which one is more logical between fighting Frankie at 155lbs for the 145 belt and creating a 155lb interim belt matchup for him, the Frankie fight makes more sense.

You don't understand McGregor.

Conor is a warrior who eats and sleeps the game. And he honors the fans who shell out their hard-earned cash for tickets and travel expenses.

He's not going to pull a Werdum and decide, now that RDA has pulled out, "Hey, guess what guys? I'm hurt, too. Let's reschedule."

And I'm confident McGregor will put a clinic on whichever highly compensated replacement sheep they decide to send in to the slaughter.

GTF outta here. Conor will only fight if it's for a belt. He doesn't give a shit about you, his country, his fans, or anyone else. He only cares about what's best for him. But keep dreaming that you are a twinkle in his eye.

GTF outta here. Conor will only fight if it's for a belt. He doesn't give a shit about you, his country, his fans, or anyone else. He only cares about what's best for him. But keep dreaming that you are a twinkle in his eye.

Uh.... You do follow the news? You do understand that it already looks like Cerrone is stepping in, right?

It isn't logical but it is more logical than creating an interim belt fight for a guy who hasn't fought at the weight class before and a guy who just got murked by the champion (Cowboy) or Nate Diaz.

Maybe they just have him fight one of those two with no belt, but I doubt that will be the case.

So if i'm picking which one is more logical between fighting Frankie at 155lbs for the 145 belt and creating a 155lb interim belt matchup for him, the Frankie fight makes more sense.

Newsflash, Frankie is not one of the options. He is reportedly injured.

How is that different from Diaz?

What i should have said is:

-Diaz is better and whooped cerrones ass.

-diaz is likely to be in shape and closer to 155. Cerrone is 174 today and cant make 155.

-cerrone literally just lost his title fight. Hard sell. Conor also recently just berated him saying he was a pussy. Why pick him over diaz?

For fuck sake

Conor is going for history and Rafael pulls out. A week and a half out.

Fucking fuck!!!!

I have seen at least a dozen people say they think it will be Cerrone and I think those people all must be high. He isn't fighting Conor at 155 exactly 2 weeks after he fought at 170, come on!
That seems like a stretch for sure by any imaginable scenario.

At this point I'd like to see either Nate Diaz get the fight or have a Robbie Lawler fight for the 170 pound strap. Either would be awesome... but anything less would just be horrible. This was the one I was looking forward to so much. I don't even want to see a contender fight him I want this to be a match up made purely for the entertainment value at this point. Please UFC... don't give us some half assed stand in, make this an awesome fight we can get excited for!

Back