I'm not Surprised by Cloner's Lack of Class and Hypocrisy After the Loss

Substance Abuse

The Best is Blessed Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Many stated Cloner seemed content to 'be the bigger man' and 'act like a champion' after Nate beat him on Saturday, but in reality, when you delve deeper into those comments, his actions belie and contradict that statement. Cloner himself said he made no excuses...

Yet, despite that claim, in interviews with Ariel Helwani and Megan Olivi he claims that his power didn't translate to the fight because he was fighting the 'bigger man' and that 'weight' was a factor, disregarding the fact that Nate weighed the same as him on fight night. He, himself said that weight shouldn't matter, but he's invoking this excuse right out of the gate.

It also took less than a full day for Cloner to release a statement speaking of 'taking a shot' and losing. However, that's disingenuous, considering he hand picked Nate, who happened to have no camp, and be on a vacation in Cabo when he got the call. Cloner's shot was a calculated move by him, nothing to be considered a huge risk before the fight -- only after the loss where it suited him.

Even more so, he took the time to call Rafael Dos Anjos a 'pussy' and mock his injury, though it had already been confirmed by doctors that RDA's injury was real. He went on to mention Aldo in this press release and in the aforementioned post fight interviews for taking pride in another man's victory, which is incredibly hypocritical when you realize that Cloner himself mocked Duffy and Cerrone openly poked fun at their losses against Poirier and RDA just months prior and reveled in other men's success.

At the end of the day, Cloner comes off just as hypocritical as his fan base. He wants to portray himself as respectful in a loss, acting as if he is above the games. But when he wins, he's the first person to pile on the loser. He's the first guy to mention someone's kids or talk shit to anyone in the general vicinity. This is his comeuppance. His mouth, his actions and his hubris earned this.

He isn't being a bigger man. He isn't being respectful. He's still showing the dearth of class he's demonstrated time and time before. He better hope he can continue to bully the smaller men, because now that his aura is gone, if he can't, he'll be an afterthought sooner rather than later.

You guys should just be honest and realize, a bloated, 155'er who was 2-2 at 170 ate his best shots, rocked him, mounted him and tapped him in less than ten minutes.

Accept it as fan, unlike Cloner and stop making excuses just like him. Be better than your hero.

mcgregor-diaz-getty-ftr-030516jpg_1l105d2hoi4kd121my11xeox19.jpg

Hey, even Jack Slack abandoned this ship. I may not expect you to, but instead be realistic and accept the loss: http://fightland.vice.com/blog/death-of-a-southpaw-how-conor-mcgregor-lost-to-nate-diaz

This needs to be stickied.

Delusional fuckboy Conor fans are grasping for anything positive they can get their hands on after that ass whooping, so they just go with "Oh, at least he was humble!"

In reality Conor made a metric shit-ton of buttmad comments and it's only been 2 days.

RDA pulled out of the fight and was still talking shit on Twitter. He deserves to be called a pussy. Conor handled the loss with class. You are reaching for anything that can confirm they way you already feel about him.

RDA pulled out of the fight and was still talking shit on Twitter. He deserves to be called a pussy. Conor handled the loss with class. You are reaching for anything that can confirm they way you already feel about him.

I'm not reaching like Cloner was for Diaz because I can only use my left effectively and don't really know what to do with my right hand at range. I'm also not reaching like Cloner was before all his fights, pulling out all the stops and talking shit about everyone I encountered; bringing up kids, ability, countries, training partners and anything he could use. Instead, I'm posting real, tangible things to discredit the idea that Cloner was being respectful and not making excuses. He was doing both.

If you can't accept that, it's okay. I know what it's like being a fan of a guy who runs his mouth a lot. However, I also know it's okay to admit you're wrong.

At the end of the day, Cloner wrote checks his ass couldn't cash. Instead, Nate cashed that check and Cloner hurt his legacy in a fight with a hand picked opponent.

Lack of class? Look at Jose Aldo when he lost, he was crying in the octagon..

Many stated Cloner seemed content to 'be the bigger man' and 'act like a champion' after Nate beat him on Saturday, but in reality, when you delve deeper into those comments, his actions belie and contradict that statement. Cloner himself said he made no excuses...

Yet, despite that claim, in interviews with Ariel Helwani and Megan Olivi he claims that his power didn't translate to the fight because he was fighting the 'bigger man' and that 'weight' was a factor, disregarding the fact that Nate weighed the same as him on fight night. He, himself said that weight shouldn't matter, but he's invoking this excuse right out of the gate.

It also took less than a full day for Cloner to release a statement speaking of 'taking a shot' and losing. However, that's disingenuous, considering he hand picked Nate, who happened to have no camp, and be on a vacation in Cabo when he got the call. Cloner's shot was a calculated move by him, nothing to be considered a huge risk before the fight -- only after the loss where it suited him.

Even more so, he took the time to call Rafael Dos Anjos a 'pussy' and mock his injury, though it had already been confirmed by doctors that RDA's injury was real. He went on to mention Aldo in this press release and in the aforementioned post fight interviews for taking pride in another man's victory, which is incredibly hypocritical when you realize that Cloner himself mocked Duffy and Cerrone openly poked fun at their losses against Poirier and RDA just months prior and reveled in other men's success.

At the end of the day, Cloner comes off just as hypocritical as his fan base. He wants to portray himself as respectful in a loss, acting as if he is above the games. But when he wins, he's the first person to pile on the loser. He's the first guy to mention someone's kids or talk shit to anyone in the general vicinity. This is his comeuppance. His mouth, his actions and his hubris earned this.

He isn't being a bigger man. He isn't being respectful. He's still showing the dearth of class he's demonstrated time and time before. He better hope he can continue to bully the smaller men, because now that his aura is gone, if he can't, he'll be an afterthought sooner rather than later.

You guys should just be honest and realize, a bloated, 155'er who was 2-2 at 170 ate his best shots, rocked him, mounted him and tapped him in less than ten minutes.

Accept it as fan, unlike Cloner and stop making excuses just like him. Be better than your hero.

mcgregor-diaz-getty-ftr-030516jpg_1l105d2hoi4kd121my11xeox19.jpg

Hey, even Jack Slack abandoned this ship. I may not expect you to, but instead be realistic and accept the loss: http://fightland.vice.com/blog/death-of-a-southpaw-how-conor-mcgregor-lost-to-nate-diaz

This is gospel!

Diaz Bless!

Keep posting nonsense. No one believes that tripe.

tumblr_m5mw85R55F1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Cheal and Joe approve of this thread

Pretty good post

And yeah I expected him to be humble and all that but yeah, in the end he wasn't

I am not a fan of Conor at all but in general it's kind of amazing how people expect fighters to take a loss and be humble and respectful and kind and honorable about it all. They fight for a living so being violent and mean comes with the territory. They literally dedicate their lives to physically breaking other peoples will with punches and kicks and chokes and joint locks/twists. If you are looking for saints or angles or even just role models you are watching the wrong sport. Half of the fighters I actually enjoy watching fight are assholes. I don't really care because for the most part what they do outside of the ring or octagon doesn't matter to me at all. I like to watch fights. The social media soap opera stuff is occasionally amusing but mostly irrelevant.

Did Conor make stupid excuses for his loss? Hell yes he did but so what. He's not a nice guy. What exactly did you expect?

At the end of the day, Cloner wrote checks his ass couldn't cash. Instead, Nate cashed that check and Cloner hurt his legacy in a fight with a hand picked opponent.
I am pretty sure conor can cash in any check he wants. Conor haters grasping at straws looking for things that dont exist.

Lack of class? Look at Jose Aldo when he lost, he was crying in the octagon..

Aldo cried in the octagon because he was hurt. That had nothing to do with class. It had everything to do with being prideful and disappointed.

As a side note, the idea that Aldo shouldn't be bitter or angry at Cloner is a fallacy. Cloner talked smack to him for months about his background, his humble beginnings, his training partners, his ability as a fighter and even his country. Then the UFC acquiesced to every single demand Cloner made -- letting him keep his title to go up to 155, which is something they denied Aldo -- and avoided the promised rematch to Aldo if he lost.

All of that said, what does a man crying after a loss have to do with class? For the first few days, Aldo gave Cloner props. Then he took to twitter to talk smack -- albeit very badly -- just like the guy Cloner fans love. However, being hypocritical, they gave Aldo shit despite praising Cloner.

Figures.

I am not a fan of Conor at all but in general it's kind of amazing how people expect fighters to take a loss and be humble and respectful and kind and honorable about it all. They fight for a living so being violent and mean comes with the territory. They literally dedicate their lives to physically breaking other peoples will with punches and kicks and chokes and joint locks/twists. If you are looking for saints or angles or even just role models you are watching the wrong sport. Half of the fighters I actually enjoy watching fight are assholes. I don't really care because for the most part what they do outside of the ring or octagon doesn't matter to me at all. I like to watch fights. The social media soap opera stuff is occasionally amusing but mostly irrelevant.

Did Conor make stupid excuses for his loss? Hell yes he did but so what. He's not a nice guy. What exactly did you expect?

I didn't expect any different.

I didn't expect 90% of his fanbase trying to perpetuate that bullshit, though. They are. It's a joke.

It's nice to have order restored to the forums.

The casuals will flee and the hardcores take home another W.

v9Mlqw.gif

Cant wait till Frankie gets his hands on this guy and fucking ends this hypejob

Cant wait till Frankie gets his hands on this guy and fucking ends this hypejob

I'm not discrediting Cloner's skill. He's a very talented striker, enabled by a power left straight and a large size and reach advantage over much smaller men at 145. He lobbied that into great success at that division and has had amazing success with those tools. However, skill for skill, when size isn't a factor, he has many holes in his game. He stupidly fought as if he could bully a man his size. He couldn't. Diaz wasn't a 'manlet' or a 'midget' that Cloner feasted on for a few years.

Cloner may go back to 145 and dominate the division. Who says he won't? I'm not. I don't know. He still needs to approach his fights more intelligently now and hope that the guys he comes in contact with cannot withstand that left hand. If they do, he's going to be at a huge disadvantage.

Back