The War Room Apology Thread

I don't think Cubo is the most belligerent. His posts often come off somewhat passive-aggressive and "just asking questions". In actuality I think he is just asking questions and we're too jaded by the internet. That leads to escalation, which leads to belligerence.

Interesting perspective.

Don't follow your posting much but the few i have seen seem to be riddled with links. Not sure if those are links to legitimate sources or not but the WR can only benefit from more people posting their sources. So many people here say the most outlandish shit sometimes it makes one wonder wtf they been reading.

Sources are fine but this can quickly turn into the giant wall of shit style of debating which is what Skip does.

"Hey here's 5 articles from Breitbart and WND I've copy and pasted and here are links to another 20. If you don't refute all of this then I guess I win!"

What Greoric idiocy do I parrot? In my mind I formed my own opinion on Jack's posting style. Sure, I oftentimes give likes to posts that make fun of him or take him to task. Outside of that I don't know what you're talking about. Usually when it comes to those guys arguing about econ I chime in to challenge Greoric. I even linked him up some online banking classes once. :cool:

And I love you for it. Its the epitome for how honest discourse should be handled.

Sources are fine but this can quickly turn into the giant wall of shit style of debating which is basically what Skip does.

"Hey here's 5 articles from Breitbart and WND I've copy and pasted and here are links to another 20. If you don't refute all of this then I guess I win!"

Good point. Never really thought of that. The only time one needs sources though is when they're passing something off as fact and/or when they have an opinion that seems outlandish, IE, not the consensus.

Fuck you.

WhyWouldYouDoThat.gif

crying-david.gif

I think for me I mostly do phone posting so I find it difficult to engage adequately in conversation. Overall I find that you're one of the more even-keeled poster so I'd encourage you to keep that quality up if possible.
photofunky.gif

Regarding yours and my interactions, recently I think they took a down-turn when talking about minarets. I believe with your background there's a soft-spot for the sound - like a warmth of community/home. How I see it, what would be a majority population level in say a radius of a mile or two of the minaret to have lives interrupted at all times of the day with something that only a segment agree with? 50%? 80%? 90%? IMO it lieterally would have to be at about %100 for this to be an acceptable thing. It's literally interrupting the lives/sleep of those who aren't Muslim and is a form of submitting the populace to Islam. But I don't want to go into a long rabbit-trail about that. I just want to mention why I responded fairly sharply about that issue as I see it being a legit problem world-wide if you aren't a Muslim (which, again, I have %100 disagreement with the religion's validity as a whole).
That's not the case at all, the call to prayer is not something I've ever been attached to and I understand when non-Muslims get annoyed at it. Honestly I think its obsolete, just get an app on your phone or program an alarm or something. Or print out the prayer times in advance and hand them out, there's plenty of ways to inform people of the time to pray without being disruptive. Even my dad always said that the call to prayer is unnecessary and shouldn't be done if its going to disturb non-Muslims living near the mosque. He says we're already on thin ice, no point in annoying people even more.

Sometimes I just feel I spend too much time here and decide to respond in a smarmy tone to avoid committing to a longer more serious and genuine conversation when I don't feel like it.
Also, regarding Islam, there is an emotional aspect that I rarely if ever talk about but it's important to understand (and so I'll feebly attempt this while it's on my mind). Perhaps some of the dearest memories of my life have to do with beach-life, water-life, ocean-life. To me "America" is most embodied by California. It would almost be death to me to envision a future where even the slightest threat to beach-life (swimming, surfing, paddle-boarding, boating, kayaking, sail-boarding etc.) enters into our Western experience. Oh I know some Muslims are fishermen and there's a history of the seas. But it's not a gross exaggeration to say that most Middle-Eastern men and women don't swim much (or at all even) and there's even a dark mysticism about the ocean with many (I've heard it first-hand on more than one occasion). Further than that, obviously, is the scantily-clad state of beach-goers. To me it's not about going to the beach to ogle the ladies. It's the whole care-free, ocean/lake appreciation that is all-encompassing and relaxing on many levels. And it's so different in the Islamic world than The Western world. It's one of the BIG reasons Islamic countries aren't tourist destinations for non-Muslims. I grew up in a really strict Christian background and yet we'd have church picnics at the lake and many would go swimming in bathing suits (not bikinis so much). I'm kind of rambling, but I don't think the average Muslim even gets this aspect on any level. It's like insult to injury. Anyway, that last digression was for free. And away from theology talk it is a huge issue for me (though not central as I'd give it all up for truth - or so I would hope).
I was never a beach guy, more of a pool guy really. I like the control you have over a pool.

To me America is a semi-rural suburb. Big yards, old sheds, and some animals. Nice and quiet with some Southern hospitality and pick up trucks.

That is funny. Can't imagine your criteria if I'm beating out dudes like sloppy and @SMEAC (who I totally enjoy by the way).

Oh, I don't really count SMEAC. Stopped reading him a long time ago, and he's not really a "real" poster, in that from what I recall, he just posts angry one-liners. There are a lot of dudes like that who don't really count.

I love the spirit of this thread. I'd like to build some bridges, i want to apologize to @Rex Kwon Do for never mentioning him in the "favourite poster" threads..i got to thinking about how he was under appreciated, but then i realised that he was already way beyond that and perhaps one of the finest posters in the history of the site.

@LogicalInsanity, as i was writing this i saw your post...there was a time when we used to argue a lot, and you were always a fierce poster. You're one of the very few people on here that i wished that i knew personally. There's something about you i always liked.

I was going to apologize to a whole bunch of people..but i just thought that i would lavish praise upon the above two posters for no reason at all..they deserve it.

Last edited:
This thread got to be a complete shit show. Just how I like it.

Far from the worst offender in terms of the asshole rankings here
Who's the biggest asshole on here?
pick_me.jpg

It's a shame a lot of you don't remember smasheroffaces. I don't know what drugs he was taking but his posts got more and more violent. I laughed my ass off at them and wondered if he was secretly War Machine.

There are a lot of dudes like that who don't really count.

Well fuck dude, no wonder I'm at the top of the list. :(

I profusely apologize for any stress and discomfort my humor and general confrontational nature has caused to you, your friends, or your family. I'm sorry. I'm awfully sorry.

th

If you all would act the way you would irl, there would be no need for apologies. I seriously doubt most of the people here would be so disgustingly rude to those who don't agree with them.

Maybe just stop attacking people personally, and just defend your position?