Anthony Pettis is moving down to Featherweight

How is Cerrone fighting at 170 and Pettis now at 145??

Until he improves his fight IQ when it comes to getting pressured, he's going to have the same result, regardless of the weightclass.

He should fight Guida, to see if he still got it. Him vs Holloway would be craZy.

it might be one of those rare instances where I think dropping a weight class is the right move. Pettis really looked at a strenght disadvantage at LW lately. I don't even know how much weight he was cutting to begin with, considering that he has got chicken legs and looks very lean.

If I remember correctly, he was 159 for his fight with RDA before he even began the main water cut...
For comparison... I think RDA was 170 or so?

Pettis has always said he could make FW

Pettis wouldn't even be a huge FW

I'm a huge Pettis fan but honestly I think Edgar/McGregor/Mendes beat him (unless Mendes chin really is that done)

Also I want Pettis vs Holloway

oie_VQpbbTnggFbB.gif
That's Antoine Walker dude.

I hope this gets him back to winning, exciting news.

I've been predicting this for many years.

Unfortunately, he's not going to find much more success at the top of 145.

Got a feeling his next opponent could've very well been Dustin Poirier. It was either drop down or face the Diamond imo...

Cool, ive been wanting him to move to FW or be Conor's intro fight at LW. Either way, they'll probably meet one day.

Awesome hopefully he fights Aldo we have been robbed of that fight for too long.

Great move by Pettis, it was pretty clear guys were stronger than him at LW. I just fear wrestlers like Chad and Edgar will give him problems.

Either way there is a lot of fun fights for him at FW.

Chad only has the gas to wrestle for about 2 rounds. It wasn't just the Conor fight, the only other fight he used wrestling in in the last like 6 years was the Lentz fight, another fight he gassed badly in and looked horrible in.

Chad only has the gas to wrestle for about 2 rounds. It wasn't just the Conor fight, the only other fight he used wrestling in in the last like 6 years was the Lentz fight, another fight he gassed badly in and looked horrible in.
He took Aldo down in the fourth and fifth rounds in a high paced fight.

Back